• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with The Wrestler (2008)?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
It's a great film, but it's just so bleak and depressing I don't really have a desire to ever watch it again.

BraunsGhost

Forum Clout
It was pretty good but nothing I've felt compelled to watch again. I liked seeing him working in the meat department at Safeway. It would be pretty funny if you were ordering a pound of salami and Marty Jannetty sliced it for you.
😆 that shit would be fucking hilarious! Thanks for the hearty chuckle 😆

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Really great film. I’ve seen it many times now. I think you actually see Marisa Tomei’s beefers in it, too.

Probably my favorite part though is the takeaway that even a washed up, has-been wrestler way past his prime and who walked out on his kid is a better father than Patrick Tomlinson and Joseph Cumia.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Oh man such a great movie. I just love his simple life living in his van. Favorite part is when he's working at the Deli at the supermarket and just snaps.
Yeah that’s a great scene. I also love when he is in a good mood with the customers and is just fuckin’ around too.

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Not to sound like opie, but I haven't seen it since it's release and enjoyed it. Need to see it again

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I’ve heard it’s great but never watched it. If another brotherman is suggesting it I’ll have to give it a watch.
It's great. They're trying to make Chris Hemsworth make a good Hulk Hogan, but Mickey Rourke nails it as an aged wrestler. He was perfect for the role.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Hogan's half a retard from all those hits, but he's far from the wrestler Rourke portrayed. He's the first one who was able to make the leap to a career outside the WWWF (or whatever the fuck it was called back then) which led to The Rock and John Cena doing it better.

Only a small number of pro-wresters are able to break into Hollywood, though. The rest are at the mercy of Vince, who views his wrestlers as disposable garbage.