• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

where we at with the people who go to the movies by themselves?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I do it and honestly who gives a fuck? Honestly there some movies I'd rather to see bymself and not drag my girlfriend or someone who I know isn't going to like it. I'd rather to see something like The Lighthouse by myself so I don't have to listen to dumb fucks complain about how it was too weird for them.

Stent

who loves ya, baby? you're beautiful
Forum Clout
I saw Lawrence of Arabia by myself. An old lady sat beside me with her knitting.

The idea you can't do things alone is probably some primal fear response to being without the safety of your tribe.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
When I was a kid, the town movie theater was in walking distance, because I lived in a Bumfuck, Middle of Nowhere. After my one friend moved away, I'd go to see a movie by myself every once in a while. Town had a curfew, so I'd feel like a badass walking home by myself after 10.

Watched Batman Begins with my new friends, but when Dark Knight came out, I had a night job, so went to a day screening by myself couple of weeks after it premiered. Was the only person in the theater. Watched Dark Knight Returns at home, what a piece of shit.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

G

I use to do it all the time, but only during the day.

My women didn't want to see a particular movie? Cool, I'm going to the 1pm weekend showing by myself. Didn't even think twice, but I wouldn't go alone on a Friday or Saturday evening.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
I've done it a bunch of times when I'm traveling for work or when I just felt like watching a movie at 3 on a weekday afternoon before I was married. It's great and everyone's so in their own business that they aren't sizing you up or anything.

RobertMewler

Forum Clout
When I was a kid, the town movie theater was in walking distance, because I lived in a Bumfuck, Middle of Nowhere. After my one friend moved away, I'd go to see a movie by myself every once in a while. Town had a curfew, so I'd feel like a badass walking home by myself after 10.

Watched Batman Begins with my new friends, but when Dark Knight came out, I had a night job, so went to a day screening by myself couple of weeks after it premiered. Was the only person in the theater. Watched Dark Knight Returns at home, what a piece of shit.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Why would your town have a curfew?

I went to the movies by myself once and it was embarrassing. It was to see Matrix Revolutions because I wanted to see it in IMAX. Boo.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Why would your town have a curfew?

I went to the movies by myself once and it was embarrassing. It was to see Matrix Revolutions because I wanted to see it in IMAX. Boo.
My city had a curfew at one point. An actual horn would go off at 9PM. No joke.

It was never really enforced even when I was little, but I guess at one point if you were a juvenile out past 9 you got into trouble somehow. I'm pretty sure it had to do with crime.

I'll never forget the fucking 9 O'Clock horn.

Lol here's some FB boomers talking about the horn. I didn't know it was originally for wartime.

Last edited:

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Who cares? No one's looking at you, they're in a dark room looking at a giant screen. Come on, man
I just think it's a group activity. I went to movies because a bunch of people had an excuse to hang out.

To me, it's like dining in a restaurant alone. I have done this, but only out of town. It feels pathetic and I wanted to kill myself.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I just think it's a group activity. I went to movies because a bunch of people had an excuse to hang out.

To me, it's like dining in a restaurant alone. I have done this, but only out of town. It feels pathetic and I wanted to kill myself.
You're too worried about how others perceive you.

You can eat alone because you feel others look at you funny?

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Forum Clout
Doing stuff alone because you want to

Is different than doing stuff alone because you have too

But even if you have to do stuff alone, it’s cooler than not doing anything

:brothaman_lg:

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
I prefer not to go to the theater at all to be honest witya. Watching movies at home has never been easier. Can set up the audio so it's not too fucking loud, seat right where I want it, can eat and drink whatever I want, don't have to deal with random faggots giving me dirty looks for whacking my bag. The future is now, brothermen.

Forum Clout
I went to a matinee of that shitty Tim Burton Planet of the Apes remake with Marky Mark by myself when I was a kid. I was the only person in the theater lol. It was weird as fuck but I watched the whole thing and considered beating off to Estella Warren at one point but didn't.
It only rules when you're the only person in the theater. Then it's like you own the place