• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Svengoolie?

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Forum Clout
Only thing I watch on TV semi-regularly outside of my sportz, streaming shows included. At my old man's place out in the boonies for the weekend and I always watch it out here.

Summary: Chicago-based show that plays old B-Movies every Saturday hosted by a fat guy in make-up. They have bumper segments with lots Dad Jokes and trivia, every episode ends with the host getting pelted with rubber chickens from inside a coffin. Tonight I watched the sequel to the Amazing Colossal Man for example.

C25CLVLt.jpg

Cptbaldopie

Forum Clout
Only thing I watch on TV semi-regularly outside of my sportz, streaming shows included. At my old man's place out in the boonies for the weekend and I always watch it out here.

Summary: Chicago-based show that plays old B-Movies every Saturday hosted by a fat guy in make-up. They have bumper segments with lots Dad Jokes and trivia, every episode ends with the host getting pelted with rubber chickens from inside a coffin. Tonight I watched the sequel to the Amazing Colossal Man for example.

C25CLVLt.jpg
Why is Paul bearer standing next to Freddy cougar

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
Forum Clout
Watched some of that last night, I'll have it on when i can get signal living out in bumblefuck which is usually winter, i seen that Gilbert was on couple weeks ago would have liked to see that one, they have this show on another channel if you are into awful movies, Svengoolie is a Hollywood set compared to this one https://www.macabretheatre.com/

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Forum Clout
Any streaming platforms? I don't have cable or an antenna
MeTV is widespread enough that there must be a stream somewhere but I don't have one for you. Sven's got a pretty big following though so I'm sure you can find one. The channel itself is just all old shows like Mash, it's TV for dementia patients and the commercials reflect it (Joe Namath struguhhhling, etc). The movies are hit and miss but I'm typically fucked up enough to make up the difference, Campy shit with regular piss breaks.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
What's wrong with the MST3K we got? It drink pretty good

That Netflix two season debacle gave me the runs.

The same roadie who gave me the tape of Howard Stern also gave me a tape of Mystery Science Theater. Specifically, "Gamera vs. Gaos" I think. Shit movies like that were on often in Dumfries, because they were cheap to licence. I remember hearing Trace Beaulieu as Crow doing an exaggerated Richard Chamberlain impression over the white American kid "wanting a belt of SCOTCH" and I start howling, asking him what the Fuck this was?

He was nice enough to keep sending me tapes after the band dissolved. Lost them all when I had to sell the house, but luckily it's easier to see them now.

I'm a Mike Nelson guy, he was cruel but fair with his jokes and I dug that. The new series clearly had too many writers, sounded way too soft (I blame Joel for that, which I hate to do because I like him) and just tried too hard.

I don't know if these new ones will be good. I know they're splitting them between Jonah Ray and their touring gal, who I've seen clips of - she's actually not bad. But I don't have high hopes.

LiberalPussy

Forum Clout
That Netflix two season debacle gave me the runs.

The same roadie who gave me the tape of Howard Stern also gave me a tape of Mystery Science Theater. Specifically, "Gamera vs. Gaos" I think. Shit movies like that were on often in Dumfries, because they were cheap to licence. I remember hearing Trace Beaulieu as Crow doing an exaggerated Richard Chamberlain impression over the white American kid "wanting a belt of SCOTCH" and I start howling, asking him what the Fuck this was?

He was nice enough to keep sending me tapes after the band dissolved. Lost them all when I had to sell the house, but luckily it's easier to see them now.

I'm a Mike Nelson guy, he was cruel but fair with his jokes and I dug that. The new series clearly had too many writers, sounded way too soft (I blame Joel for that, which I hate to do because I like him) and just tried too hard.

I don't know if these new ones will be good. I know they're splitting them between Jonah Ray and their touring gal, who I've seen clips of - she's actually not bad. But I don't have high hopes.
I bet the new MST3K will be all about punching up and remembering not to be too hard on these movies. After all, people worked really hard on them, guys!