Where we at with Screwed (2000)?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
When people talk about Norm in film, Dirty Work is the one that always gets talked about. A lot of people seem to forget about Screwed which also had Chappelle and Danny Devito as well. Like Dirty Work, it was also a critical and financial failure, but never got the cult status that Dirty Work did. It's been a couple years since I've seen it, but I remember it being a pretty decent comedy. Far from Norm's best work and not as good as something you'd expect coming from him and Chappelle, but still way better than most mainstream comedies that are released these days.

Any other brothaman seen it?

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
I know I saw it when it came out but I can't remember anything about it.

Norm used to say in interviews that he didn't even want to star in this movie. He just wanted to produce it and pair another black guy with Chapelle. Some studio flacks told him they wouldn't finance it because a movie with two black leads would never be profitable.

badboys_onesheet_1400x2100_0.jpg

Ahem.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
I remember Screwed was played in heavy rotation on one of those lesser premium cable channels in the early 2000s, something like Encore or Showtime. One of those things you have on all the time in the background and each scene becomes familiar. The movie is straight up cozy. The pacing is perfect and you can tell the actors were comfortable and just having fun and that transmits itself in the mood. I rented Dirty Work VHS when it was new and have seen it several times. Screwed is the better film.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARES