• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with Dragged Across Concrete?

Forum Clout
When I saw it, I was just refreshed to finally watch a movie that wasnt gay as fuck. When they depicted those black kids the way urban youths actually behaved, it finally made sense instead of some diverse street gang that doesnt really exist. It had that going for it and it actually was a good movie aside from that

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Forum Clout
the mel and vaughn (i know them) scenes were great, everything* else felt like something my mum would watch during the day

*aside from jennifer carpenter, i'd like to put my dick in her, great shoulder blades

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
the mel and vaughn (i know them) scenes were great, everything* else felt like something my mum would watch during the day

*aside from jennifer carpenter, i'd like to put my dick in her, great shoulder blades
Her palsy mouth always bothered me on Dexter.

analeggsalad

the Gentleman's sissy hypno
Forum Clout
it was a bummer, given its hype. S. Craig Zahler is Jewish, so yeah let's be honest, there's that whole element. His movies are billed as anti-PC reaction to hollywood but that's not necessarily the case. The forced racial harmony by the end is more than a little schmaltzy

It was a bummer because Bone Tomahawk was so good. Skip concrete, watch Bone Tomahawk

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
it was a bummer, given its hype. S. Craig Zahler is Jewish, so yeah let's be honest, there's that whole element. His movies are billed as anti-PC reaction to hollywood but that's not necessarily the case. The forced racial harmony by the end is more than a little schmaltzy

It was a bummer because Bone Tomahawk was so good. Skip concrete, watch Bone Tomahawk
I must have missed the racial harmony aspect completely.

analeggsalad

Forum Clout
I must have missed the racial harmony aspect completely.
Unless i'm mixing this up with cellblock, at the end Mel gives his money to the young black gang teen when he know's he's dying in the final shootout. The final message is him "atoning" for his previous racism against the black thugs who harassed his daughter and forced him to move. They lure you in with a little dose of realism but the keystone of the flick is he's not really racist after all

analeggsalad

Forum Clout
When I saw it, I was just refreshed to finally watch a movie that wasnt gay as fuck. When they depicted those black kids the way urban youths actually behaved, it finally made sense instead of some diverse street gang that doesnt really exist. It had that going for it and it actually was a good movie aside from that
I've never been so disgusted in a recent movie that is hyped as good as that scene in the new Joker where the thugs were white wallstreet guys. Norm himself made a comment on twitter about the scene to the effect of "yeah because you're so likely to be accosted by stock traders on the A train"

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Forum Clout
So S. Craig Zahler is something of an oddity to me: This guy belongs on Jewflix, even though he puts all of his productions in theaters, where they don't even make the fucking budget back at BO. He's one of the only film makers going out of his way (and gladly) to do masculine films these days, and all of his premises and plot structures speak to the old planned capers of the western film. Yet his dialogue is FUCKING. HAMMY. Str8 fucking ham school. It worked in Bone Tomahawk but giving these lines to fucking Vince Vaughn in Cell Block 99 or Concrete...it just doesn't click. There was a good bit in Concrete about how politics are in everything and subsequently ruining what it's able to seep into. Totally on board with that. But when he ramps up the script so his characters can launch into it...it doesn't fit.

Even Vince Vaughn's speech in the beginning of Cell Block when he was getting fired; it was like "What the fuck is this? Who talks like this now? Why is HE talking like this?".

Maybe he should try HBO or pitch a mini-series. That might be a better vehicle for him, and he could definitely get Mel and Vince back for it. Maybe work with Nic Pizzolatto; he may be a woke fag but they may be able to bang something out, with Zahler keeping him in line and directing. Who knows. Zahler's film work as a director is interesting enough, and both of them can take a year to bang a good script out and get the right people in it.

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
Unless i'm mixing this up with cellblock, at the end Mel gives his money to the young black gang teen when he know's he's dying in the final shootout. The final message is him "atoning" for his previous racism against the black thugs who harassed his daughter and forced him to move. They lure you in with a little dose of realism but the keystone of the flick is he's not really racist after all
Holy shit, your memory is fucked. Mel doesn't "give" the black guy anything; the black guy shoots him. Then, the black guy gives some of the money to Mel's family. The black guy was one of the detectives in the first season of True Detective, so he was definitely not a teen.

analeggsalad

Forum Clout
Holy shit, your memory is fucked. Mel doesn't "give" the black guy anything; the black guy shoots him. Then, the black guy gives some of the money to Mel's family. The black guy was one of the detectives in the first season of True Detective, so he was definitely not a teen.
Is this the scene where they have the shootout at the end?

All I remember is that scene and the young black thug being rich at the end in the house by the lake with money Mel's character gave him. I'm not looking this up right now, but just based on memory I'm pretty sure this is right.

Even if I'm wrong this was one of the endings to those Zhaler movies and supports my argument that he is a fake anti-PC "filmmaker" who ultimately falls in line and supports the status quo that his media persona is falsely crafted to portray as a rebel against

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
Is this the scene where they have the shootout at the end?

All I remember is that scene and the young black thug being rich at the end in the house by the lake with money Mel's character gave him. I'm not looking this up right now, but just based on memory I'm pretty sure this is right.

Even if I'm wrong this was one of the endings to those Zhaler movies and supports my argument that he is a fake anti-PC "filmmaker" who ultimately falls in line and supports the status quo that his media persona is falsely crafted to portray as a rebel against
Again, Mel does not "give" him anything. They agreed to split 50/50, Mel made a move, and the black guy shot him. I don't see how the ending is PC, unless you think the black guy getting away is PC in and of itself.

analeggsalad

Forum Clout
Again, Mel does not "give" him anything. They agreed to split 50/50, Mel made a move, and the black guy shot him. I don't see how the ending is PC, unless you think the black guy getting away is PC in and of itself.
I'm going off having seen it a year+ ago. I don't need to look into it either, it's one of those things where you get the gist and that's that.

The final message is him "atoning" for his previous racism against the black thugs who harassed his daughter and forced him to move. They lure you in with a little dose of realism but the keystone of the flick is he's not really racist after all

I would classify this movie as skippable and its hype fraudulent

TehSamurai

Forum Clout
I'm going off having seen it a year+ ago. I don't need to look into it either, it's one of those things where you get the gist and that's that.

I would classify this movie as skippable and its hype fraudulent
I admire your commitment to ignorance. Why take two minutes to look up the ending to a movie, when one can invent their own and then bash the director for it?

At this point, I am just wondering where the fuck you got the ending that you keep mentioning from. I have only seen the movie once over a year ago, too, but I didn't invent a black teenage character whom Mel generously gives his cut of the money to as atonement.