• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at wit da Post-Grunge ?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Audioslave were pretty good until Tom Morello would do his stupid gimmicky shit to ruin the songs. RATM was just Zack de la Rocha shouting so put in all the corny guitar work you want, Tom. Cornell was an incredible singer who seemed to punish himself with industry hacks and dingleberries.

You aren't wrong.

He tried his hand at R&B, even working under Timbaland. It was a big deal at the time, he was trying to branch out... And it failed.

Kool and I practically dissected that bloody album at the time. To this day, he doesn't hate it, and contests that there was something there. I'm indifferent - I think if he went a little harder, some of the songs would've worked much better, but what do I know? It's not my genre.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
You aren't wrong.

He tried his hand at R&B, even working under Timbaland. It was a big deal at the time, he was trying to branch out... And it failed.

Kool and I practically dissected that bloody album at the time. To this day, he doesn't hate it, and contests that there was something there. I'm indifferent - I think if he went a little harder, some of the songs would've worked much better, but what do I know? It's not my genre.
It was trying to put a square peg in a round hole ( :image_9248: ) and I don't think there was any way to make it work. It was way too commercial-oriented to even have lingering artistic merit. If at least it was pretentious, people could look back and say they tried something.