• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What’s your thermostat set at in winter?

What’s your usual thermostat temperature?

• Total voters
G

Trying to see if I was right or my wife is. What do you have yours set at during normal daytime when you’re at home. Don’t answer if you live somewhere that’s warm.

She thinks we’re wasting money, I think her dad is a chiseler who made her think it’s normal to bundle up in your own house.

Forum Clout
I do between 72-74 on average. If it’s bitter and windy it’s no less than 74. I like to be cozy.
B6D1A8F0-8757-45D6-93D4-5F33A099D98A.jpeg

bovinebrain

MIND CONTROL!!!
Forum Clout
My dad was always like that growing up. He'd insist on keeping it 69 or below even when it was 10 degrees out. Granted we didn't have much money growing up but now that I'm well-off and living on my own it's always above 72-74 in the winter, depending on how cold it is outside. I can tolerate the cold fine, it's my girl who always wants the heat up.

I paid off my parents' home for them years ago so they could stop worrying about money, and I still jokingly call my dad a "fucking jew" whenever I visit and see the thermostat still set to 69. I guess old habits die hard.

EraGodless

Forum Clout
It was just in the 20's where I live and I kept my balcony door open. I have plenty of blankets and have a dog and cat that sleep with me (yes, I do have a gf) and I'm good. When you live in an area where it may be a 100 degrees every day for 3 or 4 months, you cherish the cold and cold fronts. I sleep like an absolute baby and then turn on the heat during waking hours (to around 74-76)..

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
It was just in the 20's where I live and I kept my balcony door open. I have plenty of blankets and have a dog and cat that sleep with me (yes, I do have a gf) and I'm good. When you live in an area where it may be a 100 degrees every day for 3 or 4 months, you cherish the cold and cold fronts. I sleep like an absolute baby and then turn on the heat during waking hours (to around 74-76)..
It's been -30°C around here and I always have my bedroom window open unless the wind is blowing straight at it.