What’s the fucking point of LinkedIn?

G

I have a stealth account that I use to look up new members of the Pat Pack. Other than that, it's just a place for unemployed bums like Jackie Singh to look you up and harass your employer. Anyone who has an account on their using their real name and current employer is asking for trouble.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
I use it to look up my old high school cohort to see how much of a loser am I compared to them
Exactly this, although i was seeing how much better I am than them.

It’s very gay but I’ll give them credit - it’s way easier to apply to jobs on LinkedIn than going to every company’s individual career site. That by itself is worth signing up for.

Duhne Kuhn

Clinically Obsessed
I've gotten a decade+ of substantial jobs concurrently, a decent chunk of my career just from recruiters who've reached out to me on LinkedIn. My current job was scored when the CEO (former VP Exec from the previous job) reached me on LinkedIn. I am not very active on there, I just list my condensed resume and high-level skills. Sometimes I like and comment on my current company's posts, big projects I was a part of, and my wife's posts. Sometimes I don't log in for over a month.

I've been quite passive and lazy in my career path but I do okay because I'm kinda autisticly good at what I do but I make good impressions w/ ambitious executives in the niche industry I work. I hate networking, but I guess I make the right impressions on the right people and help win big deals. Fuck if I'm going to stand around at a networking event w/ a tiny plate of shitty crackers and a plastic cup of shit wine and bullshit with a fake smile. Learn something from a first interview or just do your research and come into talks with hiring managers and execs with/ a highly-polished mock project or solution, already completed (with no direction from them to do so). It will get you the job unless it's for the government directly and they've already hired a nigger.

Gay.....fucking shit.

I see it as a tool for useless women to make their BS jobs sound more legitimate than they are. Also for faggots to post a picture of themself in a suit and look like they have it together. I made one like 10 years ago, logged in once, and forgot the password after that. Probably still floating around somewhere making me look like a dope with zero interaction. Doesn't matter, I'm actually useful at my job so I don't have to worry about manipulating people into thinking I'm an asset.

Looking forward to applying to a hundred useless jobs and only hearing back from maybe 10% of them.

My wife has a good enough job & they love her but she’s severely underpaid for all the extra shit she takes on. She’s been on LinkedIn, Indeed, & Monster for the past three years and it’s a fucking cesspool of garbage, fake jobs, and power hungry cunts justifying their $48,000 a year recruiter job. “Well we aren’t currently hiring but we’re always looking.”