• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What's more stupider? Making demands of your favorite band OR humble bragging about their failed 1ft-1ft garden compared to a half acre

• foo fighter thing

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • garden thing

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • it sounds like you have peanut butter on your keyboard

Votes: 29 65.9%

• Total voters

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
1643475925639.png

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
We had hens growing up. You do get quite a lot of eggs! And they mostly eat kitchen scraps.

But I agree with Pig that the average American household would in no way be able to use a 1/2 acre garden to reliably feed themselves and 9 other families with vegetables.

If they put their land together, used modern technology and the economy of scale in production, preserving, packing etc, then it would be possible.

I think I just described 'farms'.

AntSucks

★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Forum Clout
He's actually right for once. Everyone getting their own patch of land to grow food was how widespread famine happened under Communism. Leave it to the productive people. I wouldn't even recommend chickens, because they just shit everywhere and encourage rats to nest near their coops.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
Forum Clout
The other dickhead is wrong about the magnitude, but provided most people had decent land with chickens, you would never buy factory eggs again. You could have five hens, and you'd start giving eggs away.

It's true, you end up with too many eggs sometimes and give them away, even with just 3 or 4 hens. When Pat talks about food, it's important to remember that he thinks like a glutton. Looks and acts like one too.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
Pat has proven that most would fail at growing their own food. He is a perfect example. Last season he ended up with one sunflower,a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes, one serving of green beans, three tomatillos, some herbs, and three large jars of hot sauce. That was after he bought a pallet of dirt delivered to the house. He could have bought all of that for a fraction of what that dirt costed on the same day. After 4 months he wasnt able to even make one complete meal with what he grew.

Didn’t abandon daughter
Forum Clout
He's actually right for once. Everyone getting their own patch of land to grow food was how widespread famine happened under Communism. Leave it to the productive people. I wouldn't even recommend chickens, because they just shit everywhere and encourage rats to nest near their coops.
You are right my solution to that would be to teach kids how to garden at a young age. I’d rather teach them that over 90% of the stuff they learn

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
It's true, you end up with too many eggs sometimes and give them away, even with just 3 or 4 hens. When Pat talks about food, it's important to remember that he thinks like a glutton. Looks and acts like one too.
if it thinks like a duck and acts like a duck..