• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What was the Civil War really about?

G

iT wAs AboUT STatEs rIGHts!!

Yeah to have slaves you fucking retards
It was about state vs. federal rights. Slavery was like 1/10 of what it was about, maybe even less.

See this is where I'm confused. One guy says 100% it was about slavery and the other says it wasn't.

And only like 1% of wealthy people owned niggers, so the average guy would have no skin in the game at all. So what did the average guy think it was about? Taxation without representation maybe? The north being greedy faggots and the south just wanting to go their own way? I can understand that.

I can't understand a white guy in the north or the south going to war over niggers, in any shape or form.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Forum Clout
And only like 1% of wealthy people owned niggers, so the average guy would have no skin in the game at all. So what did the average guy think it was about? Taxation without representation maybe? The north being greedy faggots and the south just wanting to go their own way? I can understand that.
The average everyday hick in 1860s south just hated niggers and played the fucking banjo.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
It was about the role of government.

Captain America didn't want superheroes to have to register and be placed under government oversight. Ironman did. They couldn't resolve the issue peacefully so they had a big fight. No joke, this is how Reddit understands it.