• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What was shitty in the 80s/90s in your country?

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
Britain in the 80s, early 90s:

Coffee - all instant. Even in cafes.

International cuisine - Pizza Hut and Chinese take-aways serving chips in curry sauce. What else could you want??

Shop service - most small retail shops were taken over by Pakistanis in the 80s because they were willing to open for more than a few hours a day. ANY international chain that had staff training became immediately successful in Britain, which is still partially true today.

Service in general - Fawlty Towers is basically a documentary.

TV acting - horrendous. Don't know why.

Public services - British Telecom, British Rail, Royal Mail. All comically bad.

Paedophilia - might as well have been legal.

gassers

CakeHorn/Say "Cookie"/BonnieMcFarlaneMe2 Alt
Forum Clout

International cuisine - Pizza Hut and Chinese take-aways serving chips in curry sauce. What else could you want??

Shop service - most small retail shops were taken over by Pakistanis in the 80s because they were willing to open for more than a few hours a day. ANY international chain that had staff training became immediately successful in Britain, which is still partially true today.

So nothing has changed basically.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
USA - almost nothing, pre collapse of the Soviet Union. Great movies, great music, no political correctness, fags knew their role. Just enough tech to where the world was cool. No social media early internet. Shitty American cars, like really bad, 80s American cars were beyond shit, so bad that the US auto makers still can't shake the reputation of making garbage.

Greece- my small town didn't get running water until the mid 80s
We would regularly get the power cut. No reason at all just out for a few hours
The radiation from Chernobyl sucked ass, we would get regular cloud reports on the news, and were told not to eat fresh veggies and meat. Wtf there was no frozen veggies and meat back then. Since then, I've had far too many cousins get cancer, where previously in my family cancer was unheard of

JamieConway

Still Serchin' 4 Da Truf
Forum Clout

My entire life I've heard Great Britian has the worst weather, the worst food and the ugliest women. Seriously, what if anything does/did your nation have going for it?

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
My entire life I've heard Great Britian has the worst weather, the worst food and the ugliest women. Seriously, what if anything does/did your nation have going for it?

Music and comedy.

In countries such as Australia and Canada there is stuff to do outside so people don't turn to creative pursuits.

They also don't put a whole lot of effort into their personalities.

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
Well, the first 8 years of my life were a fun time - complete societal collapse, hundreds of private banks open in a single city, almost none of them let the citizenry withdraw money once deposited, the baseball bat becomes the best selling piece of sports equipment in the country - the country has only one baseball diamond. President orders a tank to fire on parliament. The average person went went from not owning anything, but having things, to owning things but needing to sell them, to not owning anything and not having anything. Journalists covering a dodgy highway expansion the khimki woods are executed, the progressive generation rises, a tyrant is elected.
(89-97, USSR/Russia)

edit: more along the lines of previous post:

water - had to be boiled before consumption, in the summer of 1996 smelled so bad when boiled that you couldn't even boil it

television - 5 channels, all foreign media dubbed live by a single voice actor doing all the parts

movies - see television

The music was pretty good though.

Last edited:

The Shah of Iran

Man's man, Gook killer, hockey dad
Forum Clout
My entire life I've heard Great Britian has the worst weather.
It's a matter of perspective really. We don't get earthquakes, tornados or storms with names that devastate entire cities. Skipping all that at the price of 300 grey skied days a year with shit food and awful women seems like a fair trade.

To answer the question - Not getting movies/TV at the same time as the US i guess.

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
Forum Clout
Whining fucking faggots. This was my home in Glasgow during the early 80’s when I was five. On your right are the shops, which usually had gluesniffers hanging around and I was fucking terrified to go anywhere near. On the left further behind are closes, basically buildings with three floors and two apartments on each.
We had no central heating, no double glazing and I remember fucking icicles inside the window during winter. There was mass unemployment and the tory bastards froze unemployment benefit so they’d have more money to give to rich bastards in tax cuts.
But chocolate was better because it hadn’t all been bought and ruined by nestle and the jews at hersheys. The TV channels used to brag aboutbthe movies and tv shows they had for the Christmas season instead of a soap opera where someone gets raped by her dad under the tree on Christmas day. Music hadn’t been ruined by niggers or stoner cunts and Wimpy is far superior to mcdonalds

IMG_5199.jpeg

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Absolute slander the weather is terrible. It isn't too cold in winters and isn't too hot in summer. There's literally not been a drop of rain in the whole of England for two weeks. 22 degrees is perfectly acceptable weather. A lot of places known to have good weather get more rain or colder weather as the gulf stream means even though we are as far north as Canada we really don't get the same cold winters but do get the long summer evenings. 9.30pm and it's light out is perfect.

Food probably was shite back in the 80s but now it's pretty good if you aren't a lazy fuck or live in a shit hole.

Best music, best sports, culture, comedy, a country big enough for acts to become huge. The women are more or less the same wherever you go it's just immigrants tend to be in their 20s so you think they are hotter. Not a overly religious society especially in governmental areas unlike some places in Europe or the US.

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Sitcom acting was bottom of the fucking barrel. You can argue it still sucks, thus it has always sucked. But there is something especially terrible about BAD 80s-90s acting in sitcoms (and some movies produced by/with sitcom talent.) Over the top facial expressions like it's a silent movie. This was the era where Jim Norton was influenced. And the slang is just annoying.

The whole presentation in the 80s was trash like that. They were living in a very specific little insignificant time frame that they thought was going to last forever. It was arrogance. Watch a movie from the 80s and marvel at the extremely dated shit going on, and how annoying it would be even 5 years after the fact.

JamieConway

Still Serchin' 4 Da Truf
Forum Clout
As much as I joke about the U.K...my home and native land has become an absolute shithole this past decade. Ontario is Bombay 2.0 and B.C is the new Beijing. No joke...we whites are done in another 3 or 4 decades.

Last edited:
G

The weather is fine in the South. It never really gets very cold in most of the country. Snow makes the news.

The food wasn't great from WW2 to the mid 90s. Rationing in the second world war had a real and lasting effect for far longer than it should have. Because we were paying back US war loans, it went on until well into the 1950s. The mindset it left behind was that food is fuel, not something to be enjoyed, that "fancy" food was somehow French/continental and therefore suspect and probably effeminate. That started to change as the country got richer again in the 80s/90s. We finished paying off our war debts to you lot in 2006.

The women...Well, I always preferred foreign ones and ended up marrying out, but there are some hot English women. And they're almost as easy as American women, so there's that.

Forum Clout
The weather is fine in the South. It never really gets very cold in most of the country. Snow makes the news.

The food wasn't great from WW2 to the mid 90s. Rationing in the second world war had a real and lasting effect for far longer than it should have. Because we were paying back US war loans, it went on until well into the 1950s. The mindset it left behind was that food is fuel, not something to be enjoyed, that "fancy" food was somehow French/continental and therefore suspect and probably effeminate. That started to change as the country got richer again in the 80s/90s. We finished paying off our war debts to you lot in 2006.

The women...Well, I always preferred foreign ones and ended up marrying out, but there are some hot English women. And they're almost as easy as American women, so there's that.

How are the Irish, Scottish, and Welsh broads? They seem like they'd be more fun than English women