• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

WAWW Libertines/Babyshambles/Pete Doherty etc

NikkisCrustyGusset

I am the crispy white spot in your soul
Got to admit I’m a bit pro Pete here...so I’ve always loved the Libertines...they really were vital to the rock revival of the early 00s...

I will admit being a stupid scumbag junkie for over a decade and yeah in my early 20s that attracted me to Pete. But I genuinely loved the music. I named a cat Babyshambles and got Can’t Stand Me Now tattooed on my finger. Fucking loved their music.

Anyway I went to see Pete play acoustically Last month and got to meet him and chat and he put us on the guest list for the next night. Met him again, got a cd booklet signed saying’know the demons and then know the answers mate’ .after the show his manager gave me a signed vinyl and poster and I had another chance to speak with him where he wished me a happy birthday and basically got to spend time with him. Never thought I’d talk about abscess scars or our missus’ having Naloxone in the house with a hero of mine but It was magic. The guy is genuinely sound.

I understand most people here are Americans and probably only know him from being with Kate Moss but The Libertines were unbelievably instrumental in getting the charts wrestled back from boy band pop shite and tepid hip hop and everyone from Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Killers to Kings of Leon owe a LOT to Pete. Unfortunately the tabloid bullshit overshadows his genuine talent.

Love to hear what people think about him...

Attachments

• 79A56CCD-3399-4965-8726-B870B3101B6D.jpeg
    79A56CCD-3399-4965-8726-B870B3101B6D.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 17
I loved the libertines and liked parts of the babyshambles debut at the time. Nostalgia makes me not want to trash it. They really were in at the ground floor of online culture with surprise gigs in their actual homes and releasing demos etc.

I couldn't really imagine being a massive active fan now but then I have mostly stopped the teenage early 20s gig going phase anyway.

I am glad he got clean and fat. There's something quite nice about having a fat Pete Doherty around.

The last good bit of work he did was eating this massive full English

He was really funny and sharp pre drugs. Here he is as a teenager queueing for be here now in 1997

I saw babyshambles at Brixton and Kate Moss ran on to sing backing vocals on that song she appeared on. Loads of indie fan girls in the crowd started screaming like it was Beatlemania and I realised the libertines era was over and stopped being so massively into indie.

I saw babyshambles at Brixton and Kate Moss ran on to sing backing vocals on that song she appeared on. Loads of indie fan girls in the crowd started screaming like it was Beatlemania and I realised the libertines era was over and stopped being so massively into indie.
indie is fine, its britpop that's shite....i feel embarrassed that i used to like Oasis

McGowan6

What did you think today was going to be?
Yeah, I was a fan back in the day. Caught a few impromptu gigs in North/East London - Archway Road/Hackney/Camden/some girl's parents' house in Dalston. Babyshambles put out better music than Barat's band Dirty Pretty Things. Knew Johnny Borrell of Razorlight a bit through friends and he played with the Libertines early on apparently before going off to do his own thing. Him and Hassall grew up in the same area as I did. Ended up in the same pubs and some of the same parties. Both got tons of pussy

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Got to admit I’m a bit pro Pete here...so I’ve always loved the Libertines...they really were vital to the rock revival of the early 00s...

I will admit being a stupid scumbag junkie for over a decade and yeah in my early 20s that attracted me to Pete. But I genuinely loved the music. I named a cat Babyshambles and got Can’t Stand Me Now tattooed on my finger. Fucking loved their music.

Anyway I went to see Pete play acoustically Last month and got to meet him and chat and he put us on the guest list for the next night. Met him again, got a cd booklet signed saying’know the demons and then know the answers mate’ .after the show his manager gave me a signed vinyl and poster and I had another chance to speak with him where he wished me a happy birthday and basically got to spend time with him. Never thought I’d talk about abscess scars or our missus’ having Naloxone in the house with a hero of mine but It was magic. The guy is genuinely sound.

I understand most people here are Americans and probably only know him from being with Kate Moss but The Libertines were unbelievably instrumental in getting the charts wrestled back from boy band pop shite and tepid hip hop and everyone from Yeah Yeah Yeahs to Killers to Kings of Leon owe a LOT to Pete. Unfortunately the tabloid bullshit overshadows his genuine talent.

Love to hear what people think about him...

Thanks for keeping it brief.

NikkisCrustyGusset

indie is fine, its britpop that's shite....i feel embarrassed that i used to like Oasis
First gig ever on my own without a parent was born Oasis in 97. Second night and Liam didn’t sing but Noel killed it. Seen U2 Popmart that year too (I’ll die on the hill that Actung Baby , Zooropa and Pop are awesome)
They split the crowd with a huge line of bouncers and came on to Mofo...I mean this was magic to witness

NikkisCrustyGusset

Yeah, I was a fan back in the day. Caught a few impromptu gigs in North/East London - Archway Road/Hackney/Camden/some girl's parents' house in Dalston. Babyshambles put out better music than Barat's band Dirty Pretty Things. Knew Johnny Borrell of Razorlight a bit through friends and he played with the Libertines early on apparently before going off to do his own thing. Him and Hassall grew up in the same area as I did. Ended up in the same pubs and some of the same parties. Both got tons of pussy
Johnny Borrell was referred to as Johnny Bovril when I was talking to Jai! (Petes manager...you sound like you’d definitely know him)
You probably know Andy too (who looks a bit like Keith Flint rip)
Last time I was in London we had to leggit two days earlier to herself’s dad in Chelmsford because the rail strikes. We went to see NiN in the Eden Project in Cornwall and went to London then Got fucked because the trains shut down...only a few years but my fuck has Camden been absolutely gutted of any personality! At least Cyberdog is still there!

Those ‘gurellia’ gigs you mentioned back in the early days were definitely a part pf their appeal. They’d play a gig and then just go to someone’s gaff and play some more!

I definitely agree with you about DPT vs Babyshambles. Down in Albion is so good.

Always loved the genius of Mike Skinner and I love their version but this is one of my favourite rarer Pete tracks