• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watching Succession

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
I just started watching a television program called Succession because everyone else is watching it and I don't want to feel left out.

Episode one review : it is very good. There are many different people in it though, and they look pretty similar and dress pretty similar so I don't know them apart. The people are also not very nice to each other, if I was writing the show I would make them more nicer. The music sounds like movie music so it sounds like a movie even though being just a tv show. I think the old man is sad in secret.

Turk February

Forum Clout
Episode 2 - the people are talking still but now they are in a hospital. Cillian Murphy has to get the old man's shoes and decide whether or not to get some papers. People are very stressed out and it's very sad and angry. In a very Peep Show esque moment a man proposes in the hospital to lady who's dad's brain is not good. AWKWARD. The episode has a happy ending because main character gets to be the boss but it's not a happy ending because his dad owes a lot of money. To streamline the show I would get rid of the debt plot line and the other characters and the dad getting sick and would just let the main character become the big boss and be happy, because that way the viewer wouldn't feel stress and sad.

Update: episode 3 was corrupted on both torrents of the 2 torrents I used to steal this show, so an episode 3 review will have to wait until tomorrow. I realize I have let you guys down, and can only promise to do my best later. Good things come to those who wait.

HR@PaneraBread

Pretty soon we won't even need to come to work
Forum Clout
Update: episode 3 was corrupted on both torrents of the 2 torrents I used to steal this show, so an episode 3 review will have to wait until tomorrow. I realize I have let you guys down, and can only promise to do my best later. Good things come to those who wait.

edit - you can find all the eps on here just click the links, 0403 is when we started using it

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Succession is really good BUT don’t expect anything really deep with some hidden meanings or metaphors for life. It’s just a show about a bunch of rich fuck ups. And if you feel yourself tapping out, stick around until the end of Season 1. I promise you you won’t stop watching after that.

Udders

Great food
Forum Clout
It's entertaining enough, but everyone is so hateable with no redeeming qualities that it doesn't go beyond surface level. Some of them feel like parodies of people instead of actual people.

Turk February

Forum Clout
Episode 3 review -
This episode is much like the other episodes so far except not as fun and more boring. The hero characters sells a bunch of shares to make up for his dads giant debt or something because the stock went down. I know some people think business is fun, but I don't so I didn't like that. There were 3 love stories that were sad love stories in the the episode, the main character made love to his ex wife but she doesn't like him anymore so he is sad, the old man tried to get a handjob from his daughter but she thought it was yucky, so they were both sad, and Home Alone's brother made love to a window, which wasn't sad. The old man is angry but is too sick to explain why.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
In fairness he is also in Home Alone

01fqb2ata2mfvqvessf5.webp

Turk February

Forum Clout
Episode 4 review -
This should shouldn't be called Succession - it should be called "Rich Powerful People Often Lie to Each Other And It's Bad." This episode was about rich powerful people lying to each other and its bad, not the episode, the lying. If I were making this show I would have people be more honest with each other, and have them speak about both their emotional and material needs, and show more respect to both family and co-workers. People lying in this television show confused me because I often also fell for the lie being told to characters. I think movies and tv could benefit from something I will call "sublietitles." They would be just like subtitles, but used during times when people lie or use sarcasm to say what the character actually believes so I can better enjoy the show and not feels like a stupid piece of shit all the time. I think real life could benefit from these as well, however, google glasses didn't catch on, and I don't see another technology coming along that can meet this often urgent need effectively any time soon. Some black people did a dance that was supposed to be really good but it wasn't really good. I think it was symbolic or something, but I don't like dancing because it's hard and gay. The old man is going back to work even though he is sick. This is very sad.

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
Turk, Episode 5 is fucking great hang in there. I’m telling you the end of Season 1 is so fucking good.

Hold up I have to take a hit of more copium

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
But oh…if you don’t like the show being sad. Have fun because it doesn’t get much happier from here.

Turk February

Forum Clout
But oh…if you don’t like the show being sad. Have fun because it doesn’t get much happier from here.
I am absolutely baffled anyone calls this a "dark comedy" or a satire, this is already structured and plays out like a tragedy. Some of the characters are weird, and say funny things? Ever seen King Lear? I get it, the writers and producers did Peep Show and Four Lions, funny shit, often tragic, and I get it, we're supposed to go "how absurd, they have everything they could ever want and they act like children bleeeh". But it's just a gripping drama with a few uncomfortable laughs. Breaking Bad was a more overt comedy. Having said that it's pretty spectacular. I went into it expecting it to be much sillier, and I'm really sort of happy it's not. Just a show about family, about the old starving the young, and the young eating each other cuz the old wont be eaten. #confiscateboomerproperty

Sue Lightning

Forum Clout
I am absolutely baffled anyone calls this a "dark comedy" or a satire, this is already structured and plays out like a tragedy. Some of the characters are weird, and say funny things? Ever seen King Lear? I get it, the writers and producers did Peep Show and Four Lions, funny shit, often tragic, and I get it, we're supposed to go "how absurd, they have everything they could ever want and they act like children bleeeh". But it's just a gripping drama with a few uncomfortable laughs. Breaking Bad was a more overt comedy.
To me, I don’t know what the fuck to make of it. In terms of a drama there are MUCH better…aka “deeper” dramas out there like the Sopranos or even Breaking Bad, despite both’s comedic elements. I also wouldn’t classify it as a comedy because most of the jokes are little improvised lines that hit or miss. Above all else it’s a tragedy and, to use the word all the Gen Z faggots describe the show with, it’s “shakespearean”. How I don’t know but apperantely it resembles that. I haven’t seen King Lear but i’ve heard a lot of people compare Succession to that.
Having said that it's pretty spectacular. I went into it expecting it to be much sillier, and I'm really sort of happy it's not.
I keep fucking teasing it but seriously. I felt the same way about being off put by the “silliness” and that didn’t fully evaporate until the end of Season 1. The show takes such a fucking heel turn that you realize, even though they’re going to continue making jokes, they’re not living in some universe where everyone gets to dick around without consequences and the whole show is “Haha rich people get away with everything and don’t know anything!”