• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watching Norton on old Tough Crowd episodes is so embarrassing

2chapos

Forum Clout
Once the novelty shock value wore off, it became obvious that Jimmy just isn't that funny. At first, he'd tell his deviant sex stories with the hookers, meaty clits and pre-cum, and it was kind of funny how he acted like it was all normal. But it grew tiresome pretty quickly. Now he does an annoying kind of "observational humor" where he bombs, then dissects the bomb, as if the bombing itself was the funny part. So you're really just watching a bad comedian talking about how shitty he is.

He still stinks. Blinking homo

Forum Clout
I love Colin but he's not host material. He should've been one of the panelists.
I disagree.

I think one of the most required features of a nightly talk show host is the ability to bomb with integrity. The joke output for a show like that is too high for them all to be winners, but a good host gives them all a fair delivery and takes it on the chin from time to time when it doesn't pan out. Colin was excellent at manoeuvring the ups and downs of a live show that was contingent on jokes and (often controversial) opinions, not charming anecdotes and promotions.

Compared to today, where every host and show is completely predictable and bases all humour attempts around kitsch, snide remarks and irony, so even if it doesn't get a laugh no one feels like they bombed, because no one actually puts themselves out there.

G

Steve from Yellowstone is one of the few big bits that actually holds up. Some idiot coming on to promote the gayest thing ever, then have the most vulgar shit thrown at them for ten minutes is really funny to me. His characters are all pathetic though. Having-an-opinion-Jim is the worst thing to ever be broadcast.

Barnaby Jones

Rock & Rye
Forum Clout
I’m sorry but I don’t buy Opie saying he never liked Uncle Paul. There’s clips of him laughing his fool head off at Jim doing the character. More than likely someone, probably some guest or comic he felt didn’t like Jim and might be on “his side”, stated Uncle Paul made them uncomfortable, so that turned to him being uncomfortable at the character. Jim’s a disingenuous phony, everyone knows it, but don’t pretend Opie is much better.

Opie's inlaws are why he started to say he didn't like Uncle Paul. They'd listen to the show from time to time and would apparently complain to him that it made them uncomfortable.

Cawdfish

Forum Clout
I disagree.

I think one of the most required features of a nightly talk show host is the ability to bomb with integrity. The joke output for a show like that is too high for them all to be winners, but a good host gives them all a fair delivery and takes it on the chin from time to time when it doesn't pan out. Colin was excellent at manoeuvring the ups and downs of a live show that was contingent on jokes and (often controversial) opinions, not charming anecdotes and promotions.

Compared to today, where every host and show is completely predictable and bases all humour attempts around kitsch, snide remarks and irony, so even if it doesn't get a laugh no one feels like they bombed, because no one actually puts themselves out there.
Don't get me wrong, Colin will always be 10000x superior to whatever soulless bot they have today, but Colin's best when he's slamming others, not playing the moderator. Also, a good host needs oratory skills, and Colin will be the first to admit he's a mushmouth.