Watched Terminator 2: Judgement Day (1991)

CuntFucker .

#1 Poster
The director's cut is better, get to see Kyle come back in a dream and the ending int he future where Judgement Day never happened. Meant no shitty sequels would be possible.
I wasn't even aware that I saw the extended version before you posted that.

There probably wasn't a need for PG-13 Terminator movies. I definitely won't ever watch them. Large part of the first two movies' charm is how fucked up they are for mainstream entertainment.

Jizz

I thought you said you'd seen it already in the T1 thread?

Kind of hard to beat as a pure action movie imo. The effects till hold up pretty well 30+ years later and there's not really any part where it gets boring. The nuke scene is still easily the most faawkin brutal in any movie

i read that's linda's identical twin playing sarah in that scene and she's now dead!

CuntFucker .

#1 Poster
Also the Terminators could just time warp in a gun hidden in their stomach or even a mini-nuke or whatever and use it to blow up Sarah Connor. The Terminator also should have used explosives to kill Sarah or actually shot her point blank instead of across the entire nightclub like a retard with a giant laser sight. These movies fall apart rather quickly when you think about them too much. "The Terminator must have been running on Windows Vista" - Jim Chandler level joke.

I always hated how the Terminator fails to kill a woman and her kid across basically the entire franchise. Cameron did the same thing with the aliens in Aliens where they couldn't even kill a lone child. The Terminators are killing like waves of cops and soldiers. Aliens are killing scientists and Space Marines. But they can't kill little kids.
It's not a thinking man's movie. And I'm not a thinking man. Perfect night!

I brought it on VHS a little too young. I can remember being terrified of elevators ( used the wrong word for you Americans) and being sure something was above waiting to stab through the roof for a while.

Its one of those films I will stick on and watch a little bit now and then. Considering it's 1991 and co stars a whinging kid it holds up well

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
The first movie made perfect sense within its own story. Skynet was defeated before The Governator and Kyle traveled through time. Sending the Terminator was a Hail Mary throw to change the war in Skynet's favor, but it led to John being born, his mother knowing about the war, which allowed her to raise him to be a leader, who would one day send his father back in time to ensure he is born. The time travel was a closed loop.

The sequels are when the time travel shenanigans begin, because it meant Skynet could actualy send Terminators back in time whenever it felt like it. Which meant you could ask why it doesn't just send robots back to cavement days and stop the humans that way?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
it was sad when he had to go into the lava

hero-0-thumbs-up-terminator-2-.jpg

John Connor needed him that faawkin day. Sniff.

G

The sequels are when the time travel shenanigans begin, because it meant Skynet could actualy send Terminators back in time whenever it felt like it. Which meant you could ask why it doesn't just send robots back to cavement days and stop the humans that way?
because then skynet would never exist. There’s no way to write it to have it make sense unless you’re creating a new universe every time you send someone back. And if that’s the case then your reality wouldn’t change so what’s the point?

It’s just a popcorn movie, you can’t think about that shit.

because then skynet would never exist. There’s no way to write it to have it make sense unless you’re creating a new universe every time you send someone back. And if that’s the case then your reality wouldn’t change so what’s the point?

It’s just a popcorn movie, you can’t think about that shit.
Quantum leap but it's the machines going to various times in the past to try and invent skynet but having to invent all the technology with the natives attacking them sounds exactly like the filler content a streamer would make up

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Quantum leap but it's the machines going to various times in the past to try and invent skynet but having to invent all the technology with the natives attacking them sounds exactly like the filler content a streamer would make up
What about sliders? You open up a sliders portal to the 1940s from the 2000s. But you don't change anything in the past at all.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
It's a tough one. As a standalone movie it stunk. Compared to Alien1-3 it stunk, obviously. AvP was worse in my opinion. I haven't seen Resurrection in a long time but I'd say they're about even. Prometheus and Covenant were better, but they basically should be.
The original script of AvP:R is amazing. There were huge battle sequences that were cut. The Predalien is far more vicious and kills tons of children, babies, and pregnant women and basically massacres a hospital. All of the main characters die in the end. The pizza delivery kike (who murdered someone in real life) is killed by the Predator instead of boarding the helicopter. The survivors who take the chopper to the woods are tracked down and killed by the US military and their bodies are burned. The entire town is shown being nuked including the hospitals full of innocent people.

And the true ending was going to have a captured group of xenomorphs that the government had gotten hold of that survived the nukes. They would be holding them in large glass tubes. And Weyland Yutani would have a full size Predator ship that they were building to get mankind to travel to other worlds to try to figure out where the Aliens and Predators were coming from.

All of this was cut. And then studio made the entire movie pitch black dark when they released the DVDs and Blurays.

The original script of AvP:R is amazing. There were huge battle sequences that were cut. The Predalien is far more vicious and kills tons of children, babies, and pregnant women and basically massacres a hospital. All of the main characters die in the end. The pizza delivery kike (who murdered someone in real life) is killed by the Predator instead of boarding the helicopter. The survivors who take the chopper to the woods are tracked down and killed by the US military and their bodies are burned. The entire town is shown being nuked including the hospitals full of innocent people.

And the true ending was going to have a captured group of xenomorphs that the government had gotten hold of that survived the nukes. They would be holding them in large glass tubes. And Weyland Yutani would have a full size Predator ship that they were building to get mankind to travel to other worlds to try to figure out where the Aliens and Predators were coming from.

All of this was cut. And then studio made the entire movie pitch black dark when they released the DVDs and Blurays.
Like most things in the Predator/Alien universe, everything could've been great but it wasn't. I'd assume the budget wasn't there in the case of Requiem. Can't blame them after the AvP stinker.

One thing I dislike is the need to constantly shoehorn (cakehorn) everything in. Weyland-Yutani being one of the worst. It's always fan service instead of building something new.