• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Evil Dead Rise (2023)

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
I saw it on TV somewhere in the late 90s and liked it, even though I didn't understand what happened in the film before. I saw the first two in the early 00s. I always thought EDII was just a remake, and it is in a way but it's due to them not having the rights of the first one that the sequel portion of EDII doesn't happen for like 20 minutes or so.

They both have their charm but it feels like the second one Bruce really found the tone of the character and it stood out among the tons of other titles in the horror isle.

G

The first one is my favourite, I consider it a masterpiece. You can just feel the passion of everyone making it.
Agreed. The first one I saw was Evil Dead (2013), and I fucking hated it. I was totally unfamiliar with the movies, so I didn't get it. I later watched the first one, liked it, didn't watch the rest. Finally sat down and watched all five in a row, and the first still slaps. It's so much fun to watch.

The second one I'm still kinda iffy with, but I'll watch it again some time. Army of Darkness ruled. I now really like Evil Dead (2013). Evil Dead Rise has a handful of cool sequences, but is otherwise just a Conjuring movie. Right down to the boring family drama.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Forum Clout
I enjoyed the first 3. Hated the 2013 remake.

I didn't hate Rise, but didn't like it either. Had some good gore and changing up the setting to a shitty new york apartment was cool I guess, but otherwise it really was just more of the same old shit from these movies.