• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Evil Dead Rise (2023)

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Forum Clout
So Lucy and Campbell aren't in it?

635722851861083096-Lucy-Lawless-Bruce-Campbell-Ash-vs-Evil-Dead (1).jpg

Of course it's utter shit then.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
Evil Dead 2 is a lot of fun. Same goes for Army of Darkness. And, overall, I liked the series from a couple years ago. But this new one's trailer looked miserable and not half as goofy.

View attachment 118784
Bruce is the franchise. Trying to reinvent the series is such a waste of time to me. I’d rather watch Bruce laugh along with the rest of the furniture in a cabin while going insane than anything new.

Snake

Forum Clout
Evil Dead 2 is a lot of fun. Same goes for Army of Darkness. And, overall, I liked the series from a couple years ago. But this new one's trailer looked miserable and not half as goofy.

View attachment 118784
I think I've seen AOD more times than any other film. Most people pick EDII over it but I've always loved AOD the most since Ash is such a piece of shit smartass in it.

The TV show was better than it had any business being, specifically season 2. I don't like it doesn't get a more conclusive ending but they pulled the plug on it. At least it wasn't unfinished.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
I'm watching it right now. Cuntfucker is right for once. This does blow. The teaser or whatever you call the scene before the title was dumb because we know what is going to happen but don't know who these people are, so who cares when they die?

Now there is a new family and the one sister looks like Selena Gomez if she wanted to be a transgender man.

Snake

Forum Clout
He has a ton of quotable lines in the film, but when he tells the princess to go blow after she tries to apologize to him really gets my ribs.
For me it's either him dumping the dirt on Evil Ash's face or him clearing his throat through the incantation for the book.

The theatrical ending is better than the one Raimi did and it's probably the only instance a studio telling a director to redo it was the right move.

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
For me it's either him dumping the dirt on Evil Ash's face or him clearing his throat through the incantation for the book.

The theatrical ending is better than the one Raimi did and it's probably the only instance a studio telling a director to redo it was the right move.

Still say to “Shop smart. Shop S-Mart” to friends. Nowadays studios would want that post apocalyptic cliffhanger because everything needs to lead up to a sequel or have a cinematic universe.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout

I saw that in the theater before seeing any of the Evil Deads . Being so young, I was a bit confused and felt out of the loop on some of the jokes. I had to back track. It felt like a bad acid trip with all the violence, jokes, and randomness. It got a lot better when I was finally familiar with the tone of the movies. I also agree the series was fantastic.

Snake

Forum Clout
I saw that in the theater before seeing any of the Evil Deads . Being so young, I was a bit confused and felt out of the loop on some of the jokes. I had to back track. It felt like a bad acid trip with all the violence, jokes, and randomness. It got a lot better when I was finally familiar with the tone of the movies. I also agree the series was fantastic.
I saw it on TV somewhere in the late 90s and liked it, even though I didn't understand what happened in the film before. I saw the first two in the early 00s. I always thought EDII was just a remake, and it is in a way but it's due to them not having the rights of the first one that the sequel portion of EDII doesn't happen for like 20 minutes or so.