• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Election (1999)

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
I'm sure it will be good and not filled with Trump and January 6th references.
Most of Tom Perrotta's books sorta stink.
Election was okay
Little Children was okay
Mrs. Fletcher stunk
The Leftovers was garbage
Tracy Flick Can't Win is a cash grab.
Having said that, some of the aforementioned made for some pretty good films.

But yes, the election sequel will likely suck assholes.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
Yeah, if the sequel is anything like the book, it's going to be shit.

"
Perrotta does not disappoint. Yes, Tracy Flick is back, in her forties, and still that unaware, ambitious, and frustrated person she was thirty years ago. However, Perrotta didn’t set out to write a Tracy Flick story. He wanted to write about a middle-aged professional football player, with brain damage from all the concussions he endured, who is inducted into a local hall of fame. He must own up to all the cruel things he did to people in high school. Perrotta wanted to write an interesting angle to the #MeToo Movement. Since the football player had to reconcile his high school past, Perrotta had multiple narrators, most adults who had been hurt by the football player or some part of the football player’s history. Perrotta thought about Tracy Flick and realized that she would most likely still be at a high school, trying to be “president” or in the academic sense, Principal. Thus, he made Tracy vice principal; as the story opens, the principal is readying to retire. Tracy wants the job, expects the job, and is shocked when others are being considered.

Tracy begins the story reading an article about a teacher at a prep school who’s been exposed as a sexual predator in his school. Some of the women who are accusing him are Tracy’s age; in other words, the sexual misconduct occurred decades ago. Once Tracy reads the accusations, she realizes that she was not “special”. She states, “I wasn’t an ordinary high school girl. I was an adult before my time.” ….but now she realizes, “Maybe I’m not special. Maybe I was manipulated or groomed in the way that these other girls were.” Now she’s realizing she was not special at all; she misjudged her past. Frustration mounts.

Of course, Tracy feels she deserves being Principal because she still feels that the world should be a fair world. She has paid her dues. And here, Perrotta has fun with the male hierarchy. Or perhaps he’s poking fun at those brown-nosers, back-slappers, and glad handlers who slime their way to the top.

It’s Perrotta’s clear wit in writing that makes this a joy. Tracy’s boss reminisces about the golden days when students smoked Marlboros in the bathroom, beat up gay kids and rated girls on a scale of 1 to 10. His feelings on the #MeToo, “It’s like the French Revolution. They had a just cause, but they got a little overzealous with the guillotine.” Who thinks like that?

A subplot is the school creating a Hall of Fame. There is a Selection Committee, which Tracy is a part of. The nominees for the Hall of Fame are hysterical. The politics of choosing who should receive this award are realistic and amusing. Who do we honor? Who gets to say who we honor? Perrotta does expose our world’s interest in athletes, especially professional athletes; yet what value do they add to society? Why is a professional sports person held in higher esteem than a scientist who finds cures for diseases?"

yeesh.

Mitch Weaver

Wave bye bye, staIker
Forum Clout
Election was okay
Little Children was okay
Mrs. Fletcher stunk

What’s wrong with that? :image_9248_m:

Btw I'd jerk it to Reese saying “fill me up” as a horny 12 year old.

G

Yeah, if the sequel is anything like the book, it's going to be shit.

"
Perrotta does not disappoint. Yes, Tracy Flick is back, in her forties, and still that unaware, ambitious, and frustrated person she was thirty years ago. However, Perrotta didn’t set out to write a Tracy Flick story. He wanted to write about a middle-aged professional football player, with brain damage from all the concussions he endured, who is inducted into a local hall of fame. He must own up to all the cruel things he did to people in high school. Perrotta wanted to write an interesting angle to the #MeToo Movement. Since the football player had to reconcile his high school past, Perrotta had multiple narrators, most adults who had been hurt by the football player or some part of the football player’s history. Perrotta thought about Tracy Flick and realized that she would most likely still be at a high school, trying to be “president” or in the academic sense, Principal. Thus, he made Tracy vice principal; as the story opens, the principal is readying to retire. Tracy wants the job, expects the job, and is shocked when others are being considered.

Tracy begins the story reading an article about a teacher at a prep school who’s been exposed as a sexual predator in his school. Some of the women who are accusing him are Tracy’s age; in other words, the sexual misconduct occurred decades ago. Once Tracy reads the accusations, she realizes that she was not “special”. She states, “I wasn’t an ordinary high school girl. I was an adult before my time.” ….but now she realizes, “Maybe I’m not special. Maybe I was manipulated or groomed in the way that these other girls were.” Now she’s realizing she was not special at all; she misjudged her past. Frustration mounts.

Of course, Tracy feels she deserves being Principal because she still feels that the world should be a fair world. She has paid her dues. And here, Perrotta has fun with the male hierarchy. Or perhaps he’s poking fun at those brown-nosers, back-slappers, and glad handlers who slime their way to the top.

It’s Perrotta’s clear wit in writing that makes this a joy. Tracy’s boss reminisces about the golden days when students smoked Marlboros in the bathroom, beat up gay kids and rated girls on a scale of 1 to 10. His feelings on the #MeToo, “It’s like the French Revolution. They had a just cause, but they got a little overzealous with the guillotine.” Who thinks like that?

A subplot is the school creating a Hall of Fame. There is a Selection Committee, which Tracy is a part of. The nominees for the Hall of Fame are hysterical. The politics of choosing who should receive this award are realistic and amusing. Who do we honor? Who gets to say who we honor? Perrotta does expose our world’s interest in athletes, especially professional athletes; yet what value do they add to society? Why is a professional sports person held in higher esteem than a scientist who finds cures for diseases?"

yeesh.
The first movie left it like she was on her way to becoming a congresswoman or even senator one day. That was the whole point of the movie. That single-minded, driven, annoying assholes like her are destined to become "winners," in politics at least, whereas shitmunchers like Broderick's character are always stuck at the bottom eating shit.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Election was okay
Little Children was okay
Mrs. Fletcher stunk

The Mrs. Fletcher miniseries was great.

G

Broderick’s character is more complex than I first remember after a quick rewatch. You’re not sure if he’s just actually concerned that a budding psychopath is in his midst. Or he’s fed up with his dull existence. He could just want to grudge fuck Tracy for what happened to his weird friend. Could be a little of both you just don’t know.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Broderick’s character is more complex than I first remember after a quick rewatch. You’re not sure if he’s just actually concerned that a budding psychopath is in his midst. Or he’s fed up with his dull existence. He could just want to grudge fuck Tracy for what happened to his weird friend. Could be a little of both you just don’t know.
It's very clear that both he and the male teacher who banged Tracy are sociopaths and maniacs. The main character knows that Tracy is going win class president easily, so he deliberately gets the jock to run for president just to mess with her, because he is upset she got his best friend fired for basically raping her. For no reason other than hating her because she was groomed and raped he tries to sabotage her running for president. And she knows it because she throws the predator teacher's firing in his face a few times subtly because she knows that the jock running for president is basically some revenge fantasy from her vindictive teacher.

And in the end she is successful in Washington. And he is still a bitter angry loser who is picking on first graders who just want to answer some stupid trivia question at the museum of natural history. Like when that little girl raises her hand and it reminds him of Tracy and he wants to kill her it shows he has completely lost it.