• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Was David Foster Wallace just a high IQ Patrick?

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
I'd love to see a certain someone hang themself, but then the weight brings down the entire abandoned warehouse.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Not sure how DFW is anything like Pat. He shied away from social media, and wrote well enough to get a MacArthur grant and wrote an amazing book with that money that's still in print. You may not like him, but Infinite Jest is an incredible feat of literature.

Pat came up with Fonald Plump.

CuntFucker .

Block and report the imposter
Forum Clout
Not sure how DFW is anything like Pat. He shied away from social media, and wrote well enough to get a MacArthur grant and wrote an amazing book with that money that's still in print. You may not like him, but Infinite Jest is an incredible feat of literature.

Pat came up with Fonald Plump.
Do you feel like arguing why Infinite Jest is worth the time it takes to read? I get it if you don't want to do it. There always might be eye-rolling faggots around on the internet.

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
Forum Clout
Do you feel like arguing why Infinite Jest is worth the time it takes to read? I get it if you don't want to do it. There always might be eye-rolling faggots around on the internet.
I can't argue it's worth the time. The story is weird (tennis kids in a private school, overcoming addiction, Canadian separatism) and there are tons of moments that are slogs (not to mention the fucking endnotes), but I enjoyed it. It's very funny but at times feels like it's intentionally hard to grasp.

Wouldn't say it's in my top 20 favorite novels, but sometimes I'll pick it up and read a random passage. I don't do that with many other books.

Give some of his essays a chance, especially the county fair and cruise ship ones.