• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

UPDATE: Patrick’s new book is going well

BudDickman

Forum Clout
How does gaining experience and skill at a task by doing it over time make it MORE difficult, you bloated putz?
Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Writing should actually be easy for him since he can't distinguish quality writing from horseshit. I think a lot of writers have a tough time producing content because they are highly self-critical, but that is not Pat's problem. I think writing is getting more difficult because he is having a harder time tiptoeing around problematic subjects, and he's afraid he might get called out (I would say cancelled, but that only applies to famous people) if he exhibits wrongthink.

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
"it gets harder the better you get at it".

He failed at writing this book because he's really, really good at writing, you see. And then when he finishes a book, it's also because he's really, really good at writing. Shitty plot? It's because he's very skilled at writing plots. Shallow and stupid characters? Why, it's because writing characters is a specialty of his. Lost his book deal? It's because he's too amazing and needs to keep his options open. Fat and ugly? It's because he's fit and muscular and handsome.

Pat always wins!!!!!

G

Screenshot_20211106-124346_textPlus.jpg

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
Dunning-Kruger syndrome. Writing should actually be easy for him since he can't distinguish quality writing from horseshit. I think a lot of writers have a tough time producing content because they are highly self-critical, but that is not Pat's problem. I think writing is getting more difficult because he is having a harder time tiptoeing around problematic subjects, and he's afraid he might get called out (I would say cancelled, but that only applies to famous people) if he exhibits wrongthink.
I think it’s the fat clogging up the arteries to his brain

BudDickman

Forum Clout
Technicality Tomlinson strikes again. He doesn't self publish. In fact, he doesn't publish at all. He's also very fat
If you're writing something on-spec then that means you may have to self-publish if there is no interest from publishers. He is so confident that he will produce something that will get picked up by a publisher even though his last publisher did not renew his contract. It isn't like he negotiated his way out of a contract, since he gladly takes and brags publicly about the scraps his publishers have toss him, e.g. $8500 advance.

I don't know why he turns his nose up at self-publishing. You get all the profits, or if you use Amazon Kindle, a very large percentage of the profits (like 90% as opposed to 10%) while still showing up on the Kindle marketplace. Well I know why. For "fake it till you make it" Pat it is all about the prestige and recognition that comes with being a "real author" and the validation he gets from having someone else publish his work while he gets a tiny share of the profits. That's why he is so obsessed with his blue checkmark. Stupid faggot.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
His editor admitted only picking up Rick as an author because of his Twitter political punditry.

He doesn't care if your books are recommended by the same little posse of dorks you've been in with for several years now, Rick. Maybe telling him your latest title with no plot will convince him.

BudDickman

Forum Clout
His editor admitted only picking up Rick as an author because of his Twitter political punditry.

He doesn't care if your books are recommended by the same little posse of dorks you've been in with for several years now, Rick. Maybe telling him your latest title with no plot will convince him.
Is it normal for an author of books to require an editor? I understand having an editor for a newspaper or magazine, since you need to have cohesion in style and tone between the different articles. I also understand having someone read your book and give you notes, but that can be your spouse or friend or whatever. If the author knows what they are doing, it seems like an editor would only dilute their vision.

Is this just Prestige Pat giving someone money to do something superfluous because he thinks it makes him look more legit? "I am a real writer, child, I even have an editor."

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
If you're writing something on-spec then that means you may have to self-publish if there is no interest from publishers. He is so confident that he will produce something that will get picked up by a publisher even though his last publisher did not renew his contract. It isn't like he negotiated his way out of a contract, since he gladly takes and brags publicly about the scraps his publishers have toss him, e.g. $8500 advance.

I don't know why he turns his nose up at self-publishing. You get all the profits, or if you use Amazon Kindle, a very large percentage of the profits (like 90% as opposed to 10%) while still showing up on the Kindle marketplace. Well I know why. For "fake it till you make it" Pat it is all about the prestige and recognition that comes with being a "real author" and the validation he gets from having someone else publish his work while he gets a tiny share of the profits. That's why he is so obsessed with his blue checkmark. Stupid faggot.
honestly if his following were as big as he claims after being traditionally published, he'd WANT to self publish, knowing people would buy and though the numbers may be lower his end is much bigger.