• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Twin Peaks theory I came up with

G

I love the suitcase scene most I think.
I remember the first time I ever watched the movie, I was wondering what the fuck she was doing and what new horrors were coming in this movie. Then it was a completely benign suitcase and it made me laugh.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
β€Ž
Forum Clout
I remember the first time I ever watched the movie, I was wondering what the fuck she was doing and what new horrors were coming in this movie. Then it was a completely benign suitcase and it made me laugh.
That's why I love it so much. It's so silly but horrifying when you first watch it. My favorite thing Lynch has ever done is the one single jump scare in Mulholland Drive and not having another one the entire movie. When I first watched it I was on the edge of my seat waiting for next one and it never came. That level of anxiety it gave me was amazing and I still have that feeling everytime I watch it again even though I know nothing is going to happen.

G

That's why I love it so much. It's so silly but horrifying when you first watch it. My favorite thing Lynch has ever done is the one single jump scare in Mulholland Drive and not having another one the entire movie. When I first watched it I was on the edge of my seat waiting for next one and it never came. That level of anxiety it gave me was amazing and I still have that feeling everytime I watch it again even though I know nothing is going to happen.
I never actually found the jump scare scary. I found the scene before that where he gets deja vu watching his friend pay at the counter unnerving.

G

I fully subscribe to the theory that it's about his anxiety about becoming a father. Took them like 5 years to make, and Jack Nance never changed his hair the entire time. Apparently he got annoyed about it and threw a roll of nickels at David Lynch. I also enjoy showing Mulholland Drive to women and looking over as that scare happens. It's never failed.

G

I fully subscribe to the theory that it's about his anxiety about becoming a father. Took them like 5 years to make, and Jack Nance never changed his hair the entire time. Apparently he got annoyed about it and threw a roll of nickels at David Lynch. I also enjoy showing Mulholland Drive to women and looking over as that scare happens. It's never failed.
It definitely is, but apparently it was inspired by a Bible quote, not sure what one it could be though.

G

It definitely is, but apparently it was inspired by a Bible quote, not sure what one it could be though.
I think it's the same as his other movies. There's a lot of different things going on, and not all of it means anything. Sometimes he just thinks of a cool thing and shoots it. So it wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of things inspired Eraserhead. I butchered that story, by the way. Here's the actual thing.

Screenshot_20230503_004254_Chrome.jpg