• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Titties and Good Vibrations

G

And yeah, it was sad losing Pat. We weren't on the greatest of terms when he croaked but I still love the guy, had a billion hilarious stories that he loved taking as long as possible to tell lol. I'm glad they are continuing without him though, although I've yet to see them. It's a little trippy the Gin Blossoms singer stepping in because I met both of those bands like a month apart from eachother and they were both about equally extra friendly and I never talked to either of them about the other and then it turns out they were super close etc.
I didn't even know they were gonna continue. Fuck, I'm behind. Dude from Gin Blossoms seems like a really good fit, though.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I didn't even know they were gonna continue. Fuck, I'm behind. Dude from Gin Blossoms seems like a really good fit, though.

I don't know if they'll make any new albums but they'v been doing shows. It's pretty much half Robin Wilson and half Marshall Crenshaw singing. Usually Marshall on the west coast and Robin on the east. They finally played in AZ a month ago and I couldn't make the trip so was bummed but it sounds like they're keeping going.

G

wwaw hating The Beach Boys?

I guess these guys are the only Beach Boys you need?

0A6C27F4-CD1E-48E7-BEC7-F6DA65117D2D.jpeg

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
Love You is a really underrated album of theirs. No surprise that it's one of the albums that's pretty much a Brian Wilson solo project.
I've got that LP hanging on my wall, framed. Beach Boys is probably my favourite band. What's insane is they have so much unreleased material that is so much better than their official releases. Their unreleased Christmas album "Merry Christmas from the Beach Boys" is up there with Phil Spector's Christmas album. Adult/Child is also great and better than any of their modern material.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Man Brian Wilson is a crazy fuck but his compositions are really impressive
He’s nuts but he’s one of the few musical geniuses left, sucks he fried his brain out. They had him touring over the summer and it was just sad, they have him sit at a piano that isn’t plugged in and his band (which is very good) doesn’t even know if he’s going to sing a little - or any of the songs. They wait to see if he’s gonna sing and jump in if he doesn’t.

Harry Powell

Bruce is more helpful to Defendants than Plaintiff
Forum Clout
He’s nuts but he’s one of the few musical geniuses left, sucks he fried his brain out. They had him touring over the summer and it was just sad, they have him sit at a piano that isn’t plugged in and his band (which is very good) doesn’t even know if he’s going to sing a little - or any of the songs. They wait to see if he’s gonna sing and jump in if he doesn’t.
I don’t think it was as simple as just drugs. He’s very clearly a mega autismo and mentally ill most of his life.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Ouch. I remember seeing so.e performance the beach boys did on TV in the late 90s(?) As a big reunion and it was embarrassing. I was shocked how bad they sounded. Though at least this isn't his fault, totally since he just doesn't have it anymore. Chuck Berry famously always used local musicians instead of touring with a band later on. He wouldn't rehearse with them and just expected them to know by the lead in what song to play, and they went as long as he felt like and then he'd just unplug and walk off, often without ever acknowledging any of them.
At any point

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I don’t think it was as simple as just drugs. He’s very clearly a mega autismo and mentally ill most of his life.
Yeah it was a bad combination of everything - his father, mental illness, success, being told pet sounds wasn’t good at first, etc.

I remember at one point he had trucks dump sand in his house so he could write about the beach. Then he literally stayed in bed for over a year.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Ouch. I remember seeing so.e performance the beach boys did on TV in the late 90s(?) As a big reunion and it was embarrassing. I was shocked how bad they sounded. Though at least this isn't his fault, totally since he just doesn't have it anymore. Chuck Berry famously always used local musicians instead of touring with a band later on. He wouldn't rehearse with them and just expected them to know by the lead in what song to play, and they went as long as he felt like and then he'd just unplug and walk off, often without ever acknowledging any of them.
At any point
I met him once years ago at a small club show outside of Los Angeles. I was at the bar before the show which was a couple feet away from the backstage double doors. Out of nowhere he just walks out and stands a couple feet away from me at the bar - just standing there with a blank expression on his face. Nobody had noticed him so I said hello to him and that I was a big fan and he said “oh oh thank you, thank you” and his manager (who also was the leader of his solo band at the time) opened the door and said “BRIAN! Come Here, Come Here, Come on” like he was a dog and Brian listened and walked to his manager and went backstage like he was trained. It was really weird.

RapistWithHIV

With Osteoporosis.
Forum Clout
Dennis Wilson slaps too, child.

Love You is a good album, the LP sounds really nice but I remember getting the tape for xmas as a child when I was into their golden mid 60s period & it was depressing at the time hearing their falsetto voices all shot to shit backed by weird 70s synthesizers. Learning at a young age that everything eventually withers to shit, sniff:image_9253: