• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

This is the best time to be a Star Wars fan. Ever.

Forum Clout
At this point, it's clear that SW has been cheapened into a vision-less content mill, with what has to be a deliberate fucking aim to make all of the old school fans (those who grew up with the prequels count) so sick of it that they just give up complaining, giving Disney a blank check to do what-the-fuck-ever in a continuous stream of low-effort, CGI vomit (met with uncontested acclaim).

I can't wait until they go full retard, scream "multiverse!" and give fucking Spiderman a lightsaber, and edit the Avengers into the cantina scene.

Forum Clout
Best time was probably in the 90s when they rereleased the original films. There was anticipation for the new movie in a couple years and there were lots of video games and toys for the CHILDREN fans.
If it's the 1997 ones, those were the ones with the stupid additions, the most egregious being Han going outside to the Falcon, only to find Jabba and repeat the same fucking conversation that he just had with Greedo. If it's the 1995-ish ones (black box VHS with a cleaned up transfer and enhanced sound), yeah, those were legit. They even had back-to-back-to-back screenings in the new THX theaters.

(Yeah, and as much of a Startard as I am sounding like, I seriously consume a hundredth of what Pat and his ilk do. Less is more was always the best SW recipe - both for the production and the enjoyment of it.)

Toothless Enthusiast

Killed by Patrick!
Forum Clout
If liking Star Wars is part of your personality there is no reason not to kill yourself
444B97E1-2E92-43A2-9A7E-1B1F5D97D9FD.jpeg

HeyItsVos

Forum Clout
If it's the 1997 ones, those were the ones with the stupid additions, the most egregious being Han going outside to the Falcon, only to find Jabba and repeat the same fucking conversation that he just had with Greedo. If it's the 1995-ish ones (black box VHS with a cleaned up transfer and enhanced sound), yeah, those were legit. They even had back-to-back-to-back screenings in the new THX theaters.

(Yeah, and as much of a Startard as I am sounding like, I seriously consume a hundredth of what Pat and his ilk do. Less is more was always the best SW recipe - both for the production and the enjoyment of it.)
I wasn’t born yet when the original movies had come out so I thought it was just fun to see them in theaters. I know what added scene you’re talking about. There was other stuff Lucas tweaked too, but I thought it was easy enough to gloss over. A younger Pat probably clapped when Boba Fett looked at the camera.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Pat. Star wars is trash. The fact he swoons over this current garbage proves he has horrible taste and eats up whatever they put out.

View attachment 155371

.... he's a grown fucking adult.

Kids can talk about these things with that reverence. Adults can discuss the Renaissance or architecture with the same reverence, even.

Not fucking Star Wars, though. I physical cringed reading that xeet. Fucking Christ.

Niki's Bull

Strawberry Letter 23
Forum Clout
I am approximately the same age as Pat. I used to love Star Wars when I was a kid. I think Return of the Jedi was the second movie I ever saw in the theater. The Ewok forest was filmed very close to where I grew up, so it was quite a thrill. One of my best friends even had an original Revenge of the Jedi poster. I still have a Darth Vader head full of Star Wars figurines. I've been thinking of selling it recently, but I don't think they are worth much once they are out of the package.

I remember my first week in college, when I was hanging out with some newly-made friends in the common area of my dorm. Some other students sat down and popped in a VHS of Star Wars and were reciting every line of dialogue as it happened. I thought to myself, "This is strange. Star Wars is a children's movie. Why are college students watching it? Shouldn't they be watching some Tarkovsky or Bergman movie instead?"

I basically feel the same way today, although I might sub out Tarkovsky and Bergman for Pasolini and Bresson.

Last edited:
G

Wasn't Jabba some fat alcoholic looking guy in the original SW? Or am I getting mixed up

DominusOdium

Come back, Liz Clarke
Forum Clout
Wasn't Jabba some fat alcoholic looking guy in the original SW? Or am I getting mixed up
Yeah he looked like 2023 Patrick and they left the scene out because it was redundant with other scenes which gave the same info (Han dropped the shipment, he shot Greedo, he owes money, etc). When they re-released them in 97 or whatever they overlaid a CGI Jabba that looked like 2025 Patrick over the performance. It's still redundant and even though they've redone the cgi a bunch of times it still only sort of fit the last time I watched those movies with the kids.

Star Wars is a kids movie and the franchise has been the sole purview of faggots and basement pedos on reddit since Lucas sold the fucking thing. Kids don't give a fuck and neither does any adult male with a non-faucet.