• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

There are actual real people who believe fibromyalgia is a real illness and a disability.

NigelCumia

Forum Clout
Yes. Have you looked up the symptoms for anything else they are all the same. Tired, weak, aches , etc. That literally symptoms for everything.

Its a disorder with an unknown cause. Its a placeholder. A doctor assess the best they can the symptoms. If the symptoms are roughly what you mentioned and the undying cause or mechanism of action is unknown it gets tossed in the bucket. The cause could be they are lying, it's a physical manifestation of depression. It's some other virus or something we can't find yet.

I'm not sure what you're even disagreeing with here. It's just an umbrella term for a disorder with these vague symptoms.

Before we knew what hiv was the symptoms were, "hey all these queeers in bathhouses keep getting this weird thing where they all kinda have roughly the same symptoms but we can't figure out why". Aids is the syndrome. If we didn't know what a virus was we throw all the guys into that bucket who present those symptoms.

Now we know obviously it's a plague from God to smite sodomites of course.
This isn't a fair comparison at all, HIV and AIDS patients tested positive for immunity compromises and rare diseases, they just didn't know why. This shit turns up nothing tangible.

RickReternal

I hope people Ouija you tweets after your dead
Forum Clout
My mom had untreated depression for decades (I see now in retrospect) but wouldn’t take psych meds until she got a new GP who told her she had fibro because of her “pain” (she had so many pains…honestly it was both annoying and sad). He told her the antidepressant would treat the pain (??) and she finally got on something. Made a big difference. So, I think of fibro as a placeholder too but in a more narrow sense than @admin was describing it. I think it’s for boomers who have an old-school view of psychiatric support.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout
My mom had untreated depression for decades (I see now in retrospect) but wouldn’t take psych meds until she got a new GP who told her she had fibro because of her “pain” (she had so many pains…honestly it was both annoying and sad). He told her the antidepressant would treat the pain (??) and she finally got on something. Made a big difference. So, I think of fibro as a placeholder too but in a more narrow sense than @admin was describing it. I think it’s for boomers who have an old-school view of psychiatric support.

Probably true, the best treatment for both depression and physical symptoms like that is clean living and exercise

TomFromNawlins

Forum Clout
do you still remember the JEWVID 19? every government agreed on if you got a sore throat you should be locked up in florentine for weeks and perfectly healthy people should get shots from Israel
A sore throat? What am I, five?

1700839471596.jpeg

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
My aunt "has it". She's not lazy in the least but I think it gives her an excuse to be a pill junkie without feeling guilty about it and an excuse to bitch about how much pain she's in whenever she feels like it. She's the only one of my dad's sisters who aged terribly and way too fast.

She's definitely fucked on oxy all the time. I saw her roll her ankle real bad one time while she was doing something to the pool and she kept working like it didn't happen. It turned out she broke it. Or so she claimed. Even if she didn't really break it, it should have hurt like hell to the point that she shouldn't have been able to put weight on it. She had one of those Paul Weimer air boot casts for a while.
Getting an oxy script for a made up women's disease is a pretty good grift. Especially when you usually need 3 CT scans and 12 MRI's to get a fuckin Tylenol 3 these days. All because a couple of white kids couldn't handle their shit.