The reviews are in

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
As much as I love shitting on Joeh, being a cruise ship musician is a pretty good gig. When I was like 18, I knew this dude my age who got a gig playing guitar on a cruise ship. After his first run, he came back and bought a Landrover with cash. He was making like 2k a night back in 2006 as a teenager.

As much as I love shitting on Joeh, being a cruise ship musician is a pretty good gig. When I was like 18, I knew this dude my age who got a gig playing guitar on a cruise ship. After his first run, he came back and bought a Landrover with cash. He was making like 2k a night back in 2006 as a teenager.
It's 2024, inflation is at an all time high and Joe is 70 years old.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
He is going to find a way to fuck it up or he will come up with a reason to stop doing it.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC

People were trying to convince me to do it when I was like 21/22. I's all like "Fuck no , that sounds like a goddamn nightmare"

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
1712692024606.gif

Mimi Beardsley

She’s a real cock softener.
Why is he posting this shit? “Hey they moved me to a bigger room. I must be a hit!” No. That’s not how it works.

He is a hired gun on a cruise ship. And not even a musician who can fill multiple roles, like playing in bands that back up other acts, or accompanying a show. (I’m going out on a limb guessing that his sight reading is atrocious, if he can sight read at all.)

He is the club act. His main job is schmoozing with the passengers, being background sonic wallpaper for drunks and taking requests like a glorified jukebox.

Dude, do your tour, do what‘s asked of you and make your money. All the other details are don’t mean shit.

I swear he is clueless how real professions work.

Hate to break it to you, but your friend was smuggling drugs lol

Even the legal ones, it's straightforward:

1) go on cruise

2) get off boat in Mexico

3) buy as many ampules of testosterona that you can possibly cram into every pocket in your cargo pants. Each ampule costs around $20. You should be able to smuggle 30-40 at a time, and a heck of a lot more if you get creative. (Hint: glass doesn't set off a metal detector.)

4) bring them back to the USA, sell them for $80 a pop. If you can smuggle 40 every day, that's a profit of $2400, every day of the week

Of course this is a tremendously bad idea, but teenagers like taking risks.

An old friend of mine used to book C-List entertainers for 30+ years, and they were paid absolute peanuts. $500 a night would be very unusual.

Completely empty room. Even the picture was taken from his own phone on a timer

I've been on a few Princess cruises. I'm 90% sure that the first pic is taken near the entrance to the steakhouse on the ship. It's basically an empty spot that's about the size of a child's bedroom, and the idea is that people can grab a drink from the nearby bar while they wait to be seated.

Someone in the thread compared Joe to a jukebox, and that's just about right. The waiters likely make around $100 a day with tips, and Joe's take is probably in the same ballpark.

Then again, he loves the attention, so he'd probably do this for free.

Why is he posting this shit? “Hey they moved me to a bigger room. I must be a hit!” No. That’s not how it works.

I've been on a ship that's nearly identical - I'm pretty sure "the bigger room" is a downgrade.

Basically the original spot is where people line up to eat at the steakhouse. There's a bar right nearby, it's a good spot for milking people for tips while they wait to be seated.

The second photo is the pizza restaurant on the ship. It's... a pizza restaurant. Have you ever tipped a musician at a pizza restaurant? Me neither.

There's no stage anywhere near the pizza joint, and there's a band that plays REALLY loud about twenty feet away, which is basically the center of the entire ship. It's like Milton getting moved to the basement in Office Space. Sure, it's a bigger room, but it's a demotion.