The King of New York (1990) Director's commentary.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!

King of New York, Tropic Thunder, Blade 3. What other funny director's commentary we got?

Boogie Nights. If I remember, Whalberg is a drunk cunt the whole time and PTA strings him along until the end.

Evil Dead 2 is great, as well. Raimi, Tapert and Campbell are grade school lads from the Midwest and bust reach others balls the whole time. I still remember my favorite Raimi quote: "That's the worst reverse motion acting I've ever seen!"

Never seen this one, but supposedly the "Finding Nemo" commentary with the whole cast was actually very inappropriate and uncensored? Like Ellen cursed on it? I'll have to confirm that but I think I remember correctly.

And both the Criterion and StudioCanal commentaries for "This is Spinal Tap" are excellent - the former they're out of character, and the latter they're in character.

TheStinkySomali

Boq sucks coq

On the commentary track for the direct to video 90s slasher movie Jack-O the producer goofs on the poorly made film and it's wooden acting up until the director who's there with him gets so upset he storms off. Only to return a few minutes later. What set him off was the producer mentioning a review that described the film as a "shit pickle".

UnPRePared

I haven't watched it yet, but I know that The Rules of Attraction has a commentary track from Carrot Top, who had nothing to do with the movie and had never seen it prior.

The commentary for Conan the Barbarian with John Milius and Ah-nuld was pretty enjoyable.

Rules of Attraction is a great commentary. Don't know whose idea that was, but it worked.

Arnold is great in every commentary. Listen to his Terminator 3 commentary, he is completely unfiltered and it's mesmerizing.

Not a fan of the Kevin Smith, but that Mallrats commentary holds up thanks to Affleck and Jason Lee. Lots of funny stories on that one. Honourable mention for the Dogma one too, as he completely shits all over Linda Fiorentino.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I haven't heard it in like 20 years but the Dodgeball one was great. It's all a bit, Vince Vaugn brags about how cool he looks when he jumps over something then Ben Stiller comes in late because he bought donuts for everyone so they get into a big fight and decide to end the commentary early but they need something to fill out the rest of the time so Stiller pulls out a DVD of There's Something About Mary, that he always carries with him cause it's a good movie, so they just put on the commentary track of that one. So the rest of it is just the Farrelly brothers talking about TSAM, lol.

TorpidSloth

Ben Affleck's contributions to the Armageddon soundtrack are pretty funny. He's drunk and just shitting on the stupidity of the plot. Makes the obvious but good point of how absurd it is to train a bunch of oil rig roughnecks to be astronauts instead of just teaching astronauts how to drill a hole

Edit - soundtrack. Retard. Kids have been sick for the last week and sleep hasn't been great

Last edited:

John Wayne Gacy

Patrick's real father
The commentary on Superbad has jewy Judd Apatow getting uppity and walking out of the recording booth because the other cast members were cussing in front of his daughters. Why he would have his daughters with him is beyond me.

Fuckin soft pussy bitch.

UnPRePared

I have another one: any John Carpenter film with Kurt Russell. You're guaranteed they recorded a commentary together, and they're excellent. True friends and professionals in arms, much like Raimi and Campbell.

If you're actually into the technical aspect, Zack Snyder, of all people, is very informative. Guy knows his shit, even if he sometimes makes complete shit.

And if you ever want to hear people completely destroy a network and the heads of it, that Clerks cartoon has a very eye opening commentary over every episode. Even when the show is shit, they bash everyone, including themselves.

UnPRePared

The Simpsons commentary was good up until about Season 8 or 9

"The Principal and the Pauper" commentary, where Oakley and Weinstein defend the episode and dismiss all criticisms (along with that cunt James L. Brooks) of it, without Matt Groening there to voice his very own, very public criticism of it, absolutely gets me crossed every time.

I got rid of every season besides 3-8. They're classic and hold up. Everything after can shit out a window.

And lad, season 8 still has great commentaries. It's 9 where they go to shit. You can thank Mike Scully, it's when the shows stopped being clever and fun.

Even if you hate Kevin Smith, his commentaries are worth listening to. In the early movies, you get to hear Mewes so fucked up he passes out, Affleck is just brutally mean to Smith about his movies on every commentary, and Smith himself has no hesitation in talking shit, at least early on, up to and including Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, I guess.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker do great commentaries on Orgazmo and Cannibal the Musical where they and their friends get drunk and stoned and just rip the movies to shreds.

UnPRePared

Even if you hate Kevin Smith, his commentaries are worth listening to. In the early movies, you get to hear Mewes so fucked up he passes out, Affleck is just brutally mean to Smith about his movies on every commentary, and Smith himself has no hesitation in talking shit, at least early on, up to and including Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, I guess.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker do great commentaries on Orgazmo and Cannibal the Musical where they and their friends get drunk and stoned and just rip the movies to shreds.

The Imaginationland story ended up on DVD, and Parker with Stone did what was probably the only long-form commentary they've ever done. Normally they bow out quick but they actually shared a lot of stories in that one, so I recommend it if you can find it.

Cptbaldopie

I have another one: any John Carpenter film with Kurt Russell. You're guaranteed they recorded a commentary together, and they're excellent. True friends and professionals in arms, much like Raimi and Campbell.

If you're actually into the technical aspect, Zack Snyder, of all people, is very informative. Guy knows his shit, even if he sometimes makes complete shit.

And if you ever want to hear people completely destroy a network and the heads of it, that Clerks cartoon has a very eye opening commentary over every episode. Even when the show is shit, they bash everyone, including themselves.
I would love to hear John carpenter and Kurt russle comment on snake pliskin surfing a tsunami in escape from LA. Bruce Campbell was in that movie too so bring him in.

UnPRePared

I would love to hear John carpenter and Kurt russle comment on snake pliskin surfing a tsunami in escape from LA. Bruce Campbell was in that movie too so bring him in.

That one is the only one they didn't do a commentary for.

Bothered me too. Even Schlock deserves lessons from it.