• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The Founder is one of the defining movies about America

G

As a relative outsider, I have a better grasp of this. More objectivity.

Citizen Kane, The Searchers, The Godfather, Badlands, Unforgiven, There Will Be Blood, The Founder.

What are some of them other American movies that speak uniquely to the American experience/story?

G

Wind River (could also work for Canada, though)

Also, I'm sure the Founder is really good but you seem like a bit of a silly goose throwing it in there with those iconic movies. Founder is kind of a sleeper hit, at best
Not saying it’s as good or as ironic as them. Just saying that it represents the American story as well as them, at least from an outsider's POV -

Ambition/optimism/opportunism/belief in self/belief in capitalism/belief in the homeland's institutions mixed with rebellion, cynicism and a healthy dose of mistrust in said institutions.

Jenna

The Mix 94.9 $3000 Fugitive
Forum Clout
Yeah it's a big country you can't really put it all under one umbrella. A movie/show can "define" living in New York City, living in Chicago, living in Texas, living in SoCal, living in the Pacific Northwest, living in Florida.

As an American, I have a better grasp on England than you. London is the only relevant city, Manchester has two football teams, Liverpool is The Beatles. More objectivity.

G

Yeah it's a big country you can't really put it all under one umbrella. A movie/show can "define" living in New York City, living in Chicago, living in Texas, living in SoCal, living in the Pacific Northwest, living in Florida.

As an American, I have a better grasp on England than you. London is the only relevant city, Manchester has two football teams, Liverpool is The Beatles. More objectivity.
Yeah it's really an impossible task to pin down America in one sense because it's a giant conglomeration of different cultures. My neighborhood is Trailer Park Boys/Blood In Blood Out, two intersections over it's Menace II Society, further down the way it's probably some faggoty Judd Apatow movie.

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Forum Clout
The Founder is great. I've watched it at least 5 times.

As to your question
The Civil War and Baseball by Ken Burns
Hell or Highwater
Dazed and Confused
American Graffiti
They Live
Rocky
Rambo
Moneyball
The Natural
Field of Dreams
Days of Heaven
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
No Country For Old Men
Red Dawn
Bad Company
Robocop
Quiz Show
Boogie Nights
Ace in the Hole
Dead End
Little Big Man
Spring Breakers
Menace II Society
Red Rocket
The Florida Project
Detroit Rock City

G

Fair enough. I was kind of saying it tongue-in-cheek and had had a few cocktails