• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

The Bitch About Your Life Thread

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
My grandma got put into hospice yesterday. It kinda came out of left field as she was doing good and even wrapped up chemo recently. I lost my Dad (her son) to cancer 2 years ago. Her decline is eerily similar to his. They both fought for years and retained their independence and lucidity, and then bam, it just went way the fuck downhill, and it went downhill fast. She's buried two of her three children. And last year, she lost my grandfather, during the height of COVID. Leaving her even more isolated and alone.

I don't know what the fuck my Dad's side of the family did to piss off God so much. I didn't think all my grandparents would be dead before I turned 30. I feel the worst for my aunt, though. She's lost her brother, father, and now her mother in less than 3 years. Any one of those is a brutal loss, but to have them all fall in such rapid succession is even worse.

I wish I'd done a better job of keeping in touch with my grandma. My Dad was always a fuck up and I am no different. I've gotten my shit together considerably in the last 4 years but the shame of all the shit I did to get there kept me from reaching out a lot of the time. And eventually I would call her, and she'd be really happy to hear from me. I'm gonna go see her tomorrow. I owe her that much. I'm really nervous but I'm not gonna let the rest of my family, or what's left of it at this point, deal with all this while I hide from my feelings like Nana. I have enough regret in my life.

And my Mom is just done with life. She's a late stage alcoholic and it's destroying her body and mind. She's gonna be in Lady Di territory soon. She just wants to die and be with my Dad in heaven. I did try to help her. But she'd just remind me of how I spent much of my early-mid 20's snorting, shooting, and smoking anything in arm's reach. In her mind that's way worse than drinking 30 beers a day. I don't buy that part of the argument. But I do still drink. So where the fuck do I get off telling anyone to get sober? Then I think about all the shit I put her through by fucking up in school, dropping out, getting into drugs, dealing, using, lying, overdosing, and I wonder if her drinking ever would've gotten out of control to begin with if I had just been a better kid.

Right now I'm just trying to be sober and supportive and present while my grandma passes. Typical junky. Doing the bare minimum of what's expected of them and expecting validation and praise. lol.

Anyways how have you guys been?

Karl_Childers_Blade

I ain't got nothing but them books
Forum Clout
Currently in the grips of a horrible benzo addiction, 10+mgs of clonazLAM everyday. ME ME ME
Uncle is currently in hospice with liver cancer and my mom has been bedridden and I've had to take take care of her for the past three months and for the foreseeable future with no help. THIS IS GOING GREAT

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
My best to you in this rough time.

Stick by her, as hard as it is. I regret not being closer by when all four of my grandparents passed. Not that I didn't love them deeply, I did - but I was older and doing my own thing when they declined. Things would have been quite different for me had I been there for them, but I still wish that I was.

Oh, right, this is a bitch about your life thread... Not much to complain about. Touring has been going well minus some of the cancellation/reschedulings. Crowds seem to be into it, and the band is glad to be performing again.

Umm... There was a Tram collision on the 5th. That was a bummer I guess.

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
You have my support and respect for being there now for your grandma, mom, and aunt. They’re going through a lot, and even if it doesn’t seem like it, they’re glad to have you, glad they have people to help them through these challenges.

Don’t worry about what happened before. Focus on being as strong and dependable as you can now. They’ll see and respect your growth even if they don’t acknowledge it to you. Take pride in knowing you were there for them now.

Take care buddy. You’re not alone. I’m proud of your growth and will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
I just installed a bidet and having anxiety about a school reunion this weekend "Fag!".

My mum has dementia. Its amazing what you get used to. You have no choice.

Much love and respect brotherman. At least your not a Cumia.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
I hear the disappointment you have with yourself but at least you give a shit enough about others to not be all me, me, me. You're going to make your grandmother so happy. You're going to give her tons of comfort. Good on you for being there for her.
You’re already miles ahead of a Cumia (Joseph or AntH, take your pic), and lightyears ahead of a Tomlinson.

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout
My grandma got put into hospice yesterday. It kinda came out of left field as she was doing good and even wrapped up chemo recently. I lost my Dad (her son) to cancer 2 years ago. Her decline is eerily similar to his. They both fought for years and retained their independence and lucidity, and then bam, it just went way the fuck downhill, and it went downhill fast. She's buried two of her three children. And last year, she lost my grandfather, during the height of COVID. Leaving her even more isolated and alone.

I don't know what the fuck my Dad's side of the family did to piss off God so much. I didn't think all my grandparents would be dead before I turned 30. I feel the worst for my aunt, though. She's lost her brother, father, and now her mother in less than 3 years. Any one of those is a brutal loss, but to have them all fall in such rapid succession is even worse.

I wish I'd done a better job of keeping in touch with my grandma. My Dad was always a fuck up and I am no different. I've gotten my shit together considerably in the last 4 years but the shame of all the shit I did to get there kept me from reaching out a lot of the time. And eventually I would call her, and she'd be really happy to hear from me. I'm gonna go see her tomorrow. I owe her that much. I'm really nervous but I'm not gonna let the rest of my family, or what's left of it at this point, deal with all this while I hide from my feelings like Nana. I have enough regret in my life.

And my Mom is just done with life. She's a late stage alcoholic and it's destroying her body and mind. She's gonna be in Lady Di territory soon. She just wants to die and be with my Dad in heaven. I did try to help her. But she'd just remind me of how I spent much of my early-mid 20's snorting, shooting, and smoking anything in arm's reach. In her mind that's way worse than drinking 30 beers a day. I don't buy that part of the argument. But I do still drink. So where the fuck do I get off telling anyone to get sober? Then I think about all the shit I put her through by fucking up in school, dropping out, getting into drugs, dealing, using, lying, overdosing, and I wonder if her drinking ever would've gotten out of control to begin with if I had just been a better kid.

Right now I'm just trying to be sober and supportive and present while my grandma passes. Typical junky. Doing the bare minimum of what's expected of them and expecting validation and praise. lol.

Anyways how have you guys been?
Also, nice honesty and facing your problems, stupid. I’ll say a prayer for you.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
the fact you have a good level of introspective thinking shows you're a reasonably good person.

to me, sobriety (or non-sobriety) in itself is nothing to be proud or ashamed of, some of the worst acts are done by sober people (think Jim Norton raping a drunk girl), what matters is intent & effect on others, & it sounds like you care & do what you can for your mother but sometimes there are limits to your ability and/or emotional capacity to help without destroying yourself. My mother is an untreated paranoid schizophrenic & I suffered guilt for years for being unable to help her, but now I just do my best but accept there isn't a perfect solution. Just remember that you'll be no help to anyone if you let yourself be destroyed in the process.

Stay strong brothaman!

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout
Currently in the grips of a horrible benzo addiction, 10+mgs of clonazLAM everyday. ME ME ME
Uncle is currently in hospice with liver cancer and my mom has been bedridden and I've had to take take care of her for the past three months and for the foreseeable future with no help. THIS IS GOING GREAT
Benzos are the only thing I haven't gotten physically hooked on yet. I did detox from alcohol once and I hear it's similar. It really sucked. Plus I imagine it's even more nerve wracking knowing you have to keep a surplus of shit around so you don't seize up if you run out. That's a real tough one brother.

Torque’sHeadBump

Forum Clout
I have one of those but it's one that opens and you put your dick in it and fuck it like a pussy which is what straight guys do who like ladies.
There ya go, friend.

I almost got busted for selling pistol handles and making “custom grips” that I would steal from my old job. Luckily, I zoned out during the lie detector test by staring at the doorknob and repeating “you can beat this.” Got off Scott free and GOT THE GIRL! 😎

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Forum Clout
Good for sucking it up and going to see her even though it won't make you have the warm fuzzies. Being a good person means doing shit like that from time to time and you would really regret it if she kicked off before you could see her.

Uhhhh let's see, my cousin got caught breaking into my grandparent's house to steal Norco and Neurontin from my aunt. Apparently, when I discovered that someone (how dare I even suggest she would do such a thing) broke into my dead aunt's house, that same person happened to steal a key to my grandparent's, weird.
Anyway, now this poor old lady is about to have back surgery and no pain pills. I kind of don't feel bad because we told her to file a police report so she could get a refill and she couldn't do it to "her sister's daughter". Oh well, have fun.

So now the junkie bitch doesn't want to come out of the house she's staying in because "everyone hates her". We do, and I'm glad she's come out of the haze long enough to realize it. Also glad I got her kids out of there to their dad's, but now that just means all bets are off and everyone here will have to deal with the buzzards circling over her house once she finally gets ahold of that fent she loves so much.

In the meantime it's back to Benadryl and brown liquor since she already ate all those fucking pills (120 of the Norco, whole bottle of the other stuff not sure how many) in about a week. I'm almost impressed.