• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

That Dan.

G

oh god are you in SaaS sales? Every engineer hates you, just so you know.
Negative, I'm an developer. I have but don't care for the title of "engineer" since, unlike Mr. Smith, most of what I do is apply bubblegum and ducttape to dogshit code I've taken over... I've been thinking into switching into a "sales engineer" role because (A) the money is stupid and (B) I have some resemblance of a personality.

Man I could talk your ear off about the state of software development in 2024 but information entropy and all that...

Last edited by a moderator:
G

e7354706b0f332708b9ecea364de84be.jpeg
chinuntouched.png

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
Dan’s claim that he’s passionate about equity comp is false. He’s not fooling me.

The fact is Dan is a dealmaker. Loves the game. Loves a competitive counterparty. Loves the back and forth. Sure, he’s lost his cool a time or two but he always plays by the rules.

Anybody who is anybody knows his phone is always on. Need to talk at 2AM? No problem, he’ll call you. He’s real old school like that. A throwback to a time when men were men. The best sat at the top and everybody got the fuck out of the way.

He’s Michael Douglas in Wall Street. He’s Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross. Oh yeah, set of steak knives? FUCK YOU. How about a sink for each finger + a thumb, bitch.

Equity comp software is just what he sells. His passion is the DEAL, now bow to the KING
5649D0E6-3398-4CEA-9EA5-938EB664124A.jpeg

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
Negative, I'm an developer. I have but don't care for the title of "engineer" since, unlike Mr. Smith, most of what I do is apply bubblegum and ducttape to dogshit code I've taken over... I've been thinking into switching into a "sales engineer" role because (A) the money is stupid and (B) I have some resemblance of a personality.

Man I could talk your ear off about the state of software development in 2024 but information entropy and all that...

There's a job you might like better if you have decent soft skills and don't mind public speaking. They used to call them "tech evangelists" , but luckily the industry realized how gay that sounded. but if you want to not do actual tech dirty work and have a personality you could go into a community role in the open source space. You can make just as much, without really having to sell anything. If you like traveling and conferences, that's the job you might want. I think "developer relations" is the favored term now? Maybe still developer advocate.

There's also "demand generation" type jobs which would be more on the marketing side.