• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Someone on the farms calculated piggy's earnings from his entire "writing career"

Forum Clout
Elon Musk isn't even in that "tax bracket," because it doesn't exist unless you're a literal retard and overpay your taxes.

Tell me you don't know fuck all about taxes, without telling me you know fuck all about taxes, Patrick.
Poor people don’t understand how taxes work. Patrick also doesn’t understand mutual funds, 401Ks, crypto, stocks, dieting, and exercise.

DominusOdium

GenCon Writers Symposium Special Guest
Forum Clout
So every October when Pigman brags about getting a royalty cheque in the mail how much is he actually netting if his sales are this low? I doubt he’s completely lying because he literally posts this shit every single October. But it’s gotta be less than $100 a year in royalties, right? Maybe even 10s of dollars?
So, once he earns out his advance, meaning the publisher has made back what they paid you, 7-10% of the price is very much the norm. 12% if you're really successful and proven, which Patrick wasn't. Generally because the publisher is spending slightly more on the larger format trade paperback, they'll skew slightly lower. Even moreso on HC which Patrick never got.

Realistically he's probably under 2 bucks maybe around 1.50 on the big trade paperbacks Tor put out and I'd bet he's pulling around 60 cents on the first 3 mass market formats.

Ebook sales can vary wildly. 15-25% certainly is possible but again you're asking yourself if he's established enough to get the high end of that and if he sold enough to pay the advance back out of his end. Tor ebooks are going for 12.99, Angry Robot is 6.99. We're not talking huge profits.

I have no idea on the ponderous audiobook versions they released. I could look into it, but I doubt they got much traction given the incredibly low numbers of reviews on Audible. I think they're similarly paid out to ebooks.

This is all theoretical. He didn't earn out his advance on the last two no way no how. If I had to guess he's getting royalty checks from Angry Robot for the first three.

Anything he's making is a pittance and will dry up when they run out of stock. I couldn't find a physical copy of any of his books at a Barnes and Noble within hundreds of miles of the major city I live in and several were unavailable to order meaning they are out and can't order more because the publisher isn't printing any more. I'm sure BN stripped and got credit on these years ago.

Theres a huge turnover in genre fiction. Patrick is old news and I bet he has more copies of most of his books than any major chain, warehouse or than the publisher has.

Last edited:

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
Forum Clout
Not looking good for our piglet:

View attachment 26120

So keeping in mind that the number $51k number is pre-tax, Piggy also has to earn out his advances (which I'm pretty sure he hasn't). Also, authors only get a small cut of their sales (usually around 25%). There is no fucking way he's earned enough from his shit books to pay Quasi.
I make more by my birthday (May 17th) every year than he makes in a “career” writing.

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Forum Clout
So I work Shipt on the side of doing Real Estate (only cause I'm at a rental broker and rentals are seasonal). I grind out at least 2 days a week doing it, about 12-13 hours a day. Sweating, running, driving all around my area. Not much younger than Pat (although I'm skinny and he's not and I jog regularly) but within those 2 days; I can pull at least $800-$1000 a week, working 24-26 hours within those two days. Yearly, I'm pulling in $38,400 - 48,000 (up to 50k), just from working that gig alone, 2 full days a week.

Are you telling me that I have more bragging rights - just from delivering groceries - than Pat has being a "published" author?

DominusOdium

Forum Clout
So I work Shipt on the side of doing Real Estate (only cause I'm at a rental broker and rentals are seasonal). I grind out at least 2 days a week doing it, about 12-13 hours a day. Sweating, running, driving all around my area. Not much younger than Pat (although I'm skinny and he's not and I jog regularly) but within those 2 days; I can pull at least $800-$1000 a week, working 24-26 hours within those two days. Yearly, I'm pulling in $38,400 - 48,000 (up to 50k), just from working that gig alone, 2 full days a week.

Are you telling me that I have more bragging rights - just from delivering groceries - than Pat has being a "published" author?
It's really not a career where you get hugely rich just being published. You have about the same chance as winning the lottery as being JK Rowling. Hence all the side hustles, attempts at political writing for newspapers and magazines, etc.

It's akin to a lot of creative pursuits. Lots of tiers. There's very few huge rock star acts, there's people doing it for free, and there's the bar bands who might get a break opening for somebody big a few times and never make it beyond that point. Most people are happy to get paid at all for their art.

Patrick is kind of like that. He got paid for his writing for awhile, couldn't make it when he had a break and is going to be slumming it doing whatever gigs he can, and will end up needing a real job eventually. Bizarrely he thinks he's top tier enough to convince people he can live off it, when people publishing multiple books a year don't.

He's also fat.

LaylaCumiasMoistHotPocket

A circle of N-words
Forum Clout
Hobbies like creating literary blunders and eating my entire ass on stage at open mic night pays my bills you little succulent fried cheese curd child. You have been asked to stop hilariously fat posting, further shaming me in completely funny ways constitutes felony hilarity.
“succulent fried cheese curd child” got a niggas ribs tenderising.

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
So like what does "on spec" mean? Patrick says it a lot but I don't know what it means. Also serious question, say I was working on something and I was going to publish it myself, how do I go about like getting it printed up? (It's a comic not a book)

...just to add to what everyone's told you about writing "on spec". Most publishers want to sign authors to write a trilogy, as it means the profits from later books can pay for the marketing etc. costs of the first one. Pat signed a three-book deal with Tor, for three books in his new "Breach" series. After the second one bombed, they demanded something new, so he came up with a "Milspec" trilogy. Then when the first book of that bombed, they let him go.

I believe he's written book two of that trilogy called "In The Red", the sequel to (wait for it) "In The Black"; but Tor passed and nobody else wants it.

Ironically, wasn't he on some writing panel recently talking about how to turn a single book into a trilogy? Of course he was, the backward cunt.

As for publishing your comic, Amazon will sell it both as a Kindle book and paper copies they'll print for you. I can't speak to comics, but plain old Word manuscripts are a piece of piss to turn into books on Amazon - they have a free tool that'll convert it, and then you just fill in the blanks on the store pages (name, author etc.).

Last edited:

FurBurger

What would you do for a Klondike bar?
Forum Clout
Fat gets by on pennies, welfare and medicaid.
He's kept his insurance sales licence ("for the residuals", tee hee) and has a special desk and computer set up in the attic where his phone won't pick up the sounds of Nikki's suitor's farts.

He's making his living in telemarketing.

Last edited:

NikkisCrustyGusset

I am the crispy white spot in your soul
Forum Clout
Gr
He doesn't earn out his advances. That's why he was not signed to another 3 book deal. I called this years ago and told him so. Despite working in the publishing industry awhile back, he told me I was a child who didn't know anything. I told you well before Into the Black that you weren't getting another 3 book deal, Fatboy. Starshit Repo was a huge failure for a book they put the money into for trade paperback.

He started with self published books, got the attention of a small imprint Angry Robot, sold well in his first book for them as new genre authors often do. Especially military and hard science fiction. Which is how that book was marketed. Folks who read scifi are on the lookout for new authors, bookstores and publishers also promote them heavily.

They have it slotted better, pay for print ads, advances to stores, etc. They don't do this for subsequent books as heavily as you don't need to seed a second book so heavily. His audience didn't stay. A pattern he would repeat.

He got a bigger publisher on the hook despite shedding readers by 50% or more for Angry Robot. By this time he was cozying up to SFWA types and had that first book sales to tout. I'm sure some connections to similarly minded creeps and pedo helped here.

Tor then peaked with Gate Crashers and the promotion they had. Once they realized he was repeating the halving of the audience book to book, they saw the writing on the wall. He can't maintain an audience. A fourth book would've netted about 1500 bucks which is less than many self published authors. I guarantee JDA sells a lot more than that with his least popular books.

Self published authors can even make considerably more promoting themselves aggressively than 3k. Tor likely pulped a ton of stripped returns on the last two.
Great post there. I sometimes do some freelance editing, proof reading, general tidying up etc and have gotten to know some authors over the years. It's a very savage and cutthroat business and unless you get lucky ghostwriting a celeb biography or luck out writing franchise books or novelisations it's exceptionally difficult to make a living.
This proves it and I'm again baffled at how he can delude himself so much to take these figures and brag. Of course even if you got verified figures from the publisher he would say you are wrong.
Not surprised he was an arrogant prick to you!
You could be a doctor and calculate his bmi and tell him he's clinically obese and he would say 'no, I'm not'.
He'd be better off self publishing a small run and take the lion's share of profits. Use his name and past 'glory', invest a few thousand(if even) for a decent run of paperbacks and if there's a buzz then wait for a publishing house to approach him.

I am wondering what is going to happen with this ridiculous Christmas book he is writing. I imagine a few sales will be from rascals just to video them destroying it in different ways.
(we could just buy one copy, get a decent print of the cover, pass them out and destroy charity shop 50c books with the cover glued on so we don't put any money into his pocket)

DominusOdium

Forum Clout
Gr

Great post there. I sometimes do some freelance editing, proof reading, general tidying up etc and have gotten to know some authors over the years. It's a very savage and cutthroat business and unless you get lucky ghostwriting a celeb biography or luck out writing franchise books or novelisations it's exceptionally difficult to make a living.
This proves it and I'm again baffled at how he can delude himself so much to take these figures and brag. Of course even if you got verified figures from the publisher he would say you are wrong.
Not surprised he was an arrogant prick to you!
You could be a doctor and calculate his bmi and tell him he's clinically obese and he would say 'no, I'm not'.
He'd be better off self publishing a small run and take the lion's share of profits. Use his name and past 'glory', invest a few thousand(if even) for a decent run of paperbacks and if there's a buzz then wait for a publishing house to approach him.

I am wondering what is going to happen with this ridiculous Christmas book he is writing. I imagine a few sales will be from rascals just to video them destroying it in different ways.
(we could just buy one copy, get a decent print of the cover, pass them out and destroy charity shop 50c books with the cover glued on so we don't put any money into his pocket)
I actually completely agree with the self publishing route. He's got the fan base he's going to have, it's not growing under a larger publisher and their promotional campaigns and would have more profits just running these through Amazon's self publishing or hell even a vanity operation like Lulu.

But these things don't feed the ego and give the illusion of celebrity. Better to constantly provide updates on how negotiations with your agent and a bunch of not all that interested publishers are going than to humble yourself and actually release them yourself.

He doesn't care about the art of it. He's not an artist. He's purely in this for the clout and the idea that he can be paid big bucks for being so smart and clever and a special boy.