• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Some of us will risk the climb, and the few lucky enough to reach the summit will wave back down on you and smile

CarolMaxheinie

Runner, Unlike Fatrick
Forum Clout
I had to take time off because of a loss in my immediate family a few years back. I was named executor of the will. I think it was 3 months I was off work. Fortunately, we had a great bereavement program so my leave was fully paid + benefits.

I swear, I was more depressed by the end of the first month than I was when I was working and just waiting for the news that they were about to die. At least then I had work to help me forget about the mess that was going on in my personal life.

It's wild to me he avoids work so hard. He really does wake up every morning and aimlessly bounce around the world, tweeting about stalkers and politics until he drinks himself to sleep at night.
I “retired” a few months ago when I sold the company I built. I took care of my employees, got enough of a nestegg for 10 lifetimes, and threw off my professional cares for a worldwide cruise with my husband, just married.

After a month I was so bored I thought I was going crazy.

I don’t understand how lazy layabouts like Pat can live with themselves. Every day an empty void, boring and repetitive and fruitless like Ugly Niki’s polluted womb. No reason to wake up, no reason to do anything. I hate it and I’m working on a startup idea just to keep me busy. I’m also working with my guy on expanding my philanthropy, aiming at helping people discover running later in life (30 and over). It’s not much but it’s something.

JumboYumYums

Prison awaits, stlaker.
Forum Clout
You can be creative in corporate fields. You just actually need to be creative and show results.

"hey distributed systems architect we are having an issue scaling our app. we need need to allow for growth of 100x the users we have now. "

"have you tried adding a chillis to the network? what about a space chillis?"

Remember when he was astounded that you had $17,000 in disposable income? He's a giant fucking loser.

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I “retired” a few months ago when I sold the company I built. I took care of my employees, got enough of a nestegg for 10 lifetimes, and threw off my professional cares for a worldwide cruise with my husband, just married.

I don’t understand how lazy layabouts like Pat can live with themselves. Every day an empty void, boring and repetitive and fruitless like Ugly Niki’s polluted womb. No reason to wake up, no reason to do anything. I hate it and I’m working on a startup idea just to keep me busy. I’m also working with my guy on expanding my philanthropy, aiming at helping people discover running later in life (30 and over). It’s not much but it’s something.
I'm not surprised. Your experience is not uncommon, especially among high performers and successful entrepreneurs like yourself. I imagine it's pretty hard to actually hand the keys over and walk away with a check once you're done signing the papers on something you sank so much of your life into.

The good news is that you'll find out how you want to get back into the fight whether it's a new venture, charity work, or whatever else you want to pursue to be productive. It'll be on your own terms, whatever it is.

That's something Pat and Niki will never have. They'll never have the means to do anything aside from what they're doing right now.

Reality to you is being able to charter a last minute flight to Japan and enjoy metric tons of Kobe beef cut up by someone with a samurai sword. Or funding a start up. Or running across the country. Or planting cantaloupe.

Reality to them is a bad neighborhood in Milwaukee, cheap beer, a pink blanket, and loneliness. Life is just a big, fat waste of time.

Forum Clout
Pat lives a very short-sighted life. At any given moment, anyone would rather have a treat, browse lit crit, or skeet all over old women at the bus stop than do hard work - however most adults figure out fairly soon that pursuing desires with a longer timeline is far more satisfying. Building a doghouse with your daughter is not fun every single moment and might be hard work and downright frustrating at times, but once you're done it's immensely gratifying in a way that jerking off under a pink blanket never will be.

I think everyone who worked remote in the past two years had this hammered into their heads if they were paying attention. The days when you try to beat the system and be a lazy fuck and don't shower or get dressed and goof off watching TV instead of doing your work not only don't make you feel great, they make you feel like a scuzz bucket. The days when you do the shit you have to do even though youd rather slather your couch in farts in between masturbation sessions make you feel great.

He lives obesely moment to moment and thinks that he's getting away with something, and in the meantime he's only getting fat.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Forum Clout
I'm the technical administrator of the forums.
Yeah, ok:

mr-bean.gif

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
Forum Clout
He’s a broken, fat person. Most people who achieve things in the arts field don’t just drop everything to pursue it. They still work jobs, be it a waitress or a cab driver, or they worked through school and then were able to enter the field with a fine arts degree or something like that. Many of said jobs actually add to the character of the person and give them depth and nuance, perhaps helping them to not see the world in such fat, black and white terms as our prize pig.

Not to mention it still takes hard work to do anything and succeed in an arts field, it may even take more work/time with how oversaturated the field is, and Fatty has shown he is completely work shy to the point he can’t even write unless he is drunk and surrounded by meatloaf.

Also, most people who give their hobby the ol’ college try will realize that they should pack it in after almost a decade of no success. For example I tried to be a pro kickboxer when I was in my late teens and early 20s, but after multiple injuries and minimal success, I decided that smashing my brain is no longer a logical pursuit and I began to pursue a career. But I guess sporadic, unpaid appearances on some garbage “science” show and a 1/4 finished story on Hilroy lined paper about Tiny Tim provide enough hope for him to plow ahead into his 40s with no income.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout

Exactly this. I've made enough to make sure my kids would never have to work (that's not how we're raising them but still...) and could walk away tomorrow but there's still so much left to do and to hopefully achieve before my time is up and while I'd absolutely love an extended vacation I can't imagine saying I simply walked away from something so many people wish they could do because I have enough money to do so.

It's insane to think Pat is just being a fat lazy lump of shit who doesn't even use his ample time to enjoy anything. He tweets all day and night fighting with his toilet on Twitter. He doesn't even use the time to improve upon his knowledge of film or music or anything that might expand his horizons and help him make progress with the career he claims to be chasing. He doesn't even read books anymore. He said he listens to audiobooks now and by "listens to" he obviously means "plays in the background while typing cyberstalker report and block 75 times a day."

Laying on your couch Tweeting in a dilapidated shack covered in cat fur waiting for your fat, box-shaped, ugly, barren wife to come in and find out how you embarrassed and infuriated some MAGAts isn't winning, Pat. Spending every day in the same shithole bar pretending to be an author or a screenwriter as you start your 40th failed project of the year isn't winning. Imagine if you had a respectable career in a cubicle earning steady money, climbing up the ladder, coming home to a much nicer house, nicer car, better wife. You might even have access to your daughter if you weren't LARPing as the Special Boy who's going to totally OWN Ade when she sees how rich and famous and special you're going to become. You're a fucking loser, dude. Fat too.