• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

So, what do Jim & Sam do after SiriusXM goes out of business?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
It's unseemly to worry about others money, but damn am i curious what sam makes...
No chance he is making six figures. Jim likely neither. Jim is practically doing the the show for the plugs. And Sam is doing it for the profile and WWE connections. Like how Jim does his UFC show for free or Sam does a lot of wrestling gigs for free. They want fame more than they want money.

Dennyislife

Forum Clout
Sam can afford a home and for his wife to not work. She had some sort of media job in producing so I suspect it was okay pay. I can't remember when this contract ends but he's been a host since 2015 on the morning show. Best part of a decade when this contract is up.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
Sam can afford a home and for his wife to not work. She had some sort of media job in producing so I suspect it was okay pay. I can't remember when this contract ends but he's been a host since 2015 on the morning show. Best part of a decade when this contract is up.
It's pretty incredible. One of last of his generation successfully doing the radio thing with that voice.

SAM WON:fighter_md:

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
I’m wondering how long until they dump all the DJ’s on the music channels. There’s no need for them - the PAD data shows the artist and title and most would rather just hear music - not someone telling you what’s coming up next.
That's funny. My wife immediately changes the channel when the DJ comes on. I'm old so I rather enjoy the DJs. I don't like them when they talk too long but giving a little anecdote or telling me what concert might be coming up as fine with me. Like I said in a different thread, I enjoy the classic alternatives channel and sluggo. The DJ is pretty cool

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Jim’s comedy career looks to be pretty much dead. Stand up he’s playing small places (one was a club near me that were offering buy one get one for his shows) and I don’t see any major platform giving him a special. He’s only on the show to plug his gigs. Sam I saw had a podcast taping at the comedy store in LA with WWE wrestlers for Wrestlemania week so whatever he’s doing there is not his focus. I’m sure he’s gunning for some play by play commentator job for one of their shows - Michael Cole I think is stepping down in two years and Lawler won’t be around forever.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
That's funny. My wife immediately changes the channel when the DJ comes on. I'm old so I rather enjoy the DJs. I don't like them when they talk too long but giving a little anecdote or telling me what concert might be coming up as fine with me. Like I said in a different thread, I enjoy the classic alternatives channel and sluggo. The DJ is pretty cool
Yeah I can see them keeping djs on the “older” music channels but I can’t see them having DJs talking between songs for younger audiences since they’re used to streaming / iPod shuffle etc.

Talk wise I can see people paying for the sports guys (my dad has Sirius just for that) or political talk (conservatives will pay for conservative talk, etc) but I don’t know who Stern’s audience is anymore. They pay him a ton to pretty much keep interviewing the same 20 or so guests and asking the same questions. Personally I don’t think I’ve heard anyone mentioning listening to stern in well over 5 years.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
Forum Clout
Yeah I can see them keeping djs on the “older” music channels but I can’t see them having DJs talking between songs for younger audiences since they’re used to streaming / iPod shuffle etc.

Talk wise I can see people paying for the sports guys (my dad has Sirius just for that) or political talk (conservatives will pay for conservative talk, etc) but I don’t know who Stern’s audience is anymore. They pay him a ton to pretty much keep interviewing the same 20 or so guests and asking the same questions. Personally I don’t think I’ve heard anyone mentioning listening to stern in well over 5 years.
I'm also baffled as to the decision to keep stern on. He stinks and I don't like him

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
This seems far fetched for Sam and absurd for Jim. I think they make more than you think. Remember, AntH was shelling out 100k a year for landau 8 hour a week gig
If you factor in Kenny and Jim's agent and PR worker he is nowhere near keeping $100K a year from just Sirius. He needs those comedy club gigs to finance his lifestyle. And Sam cannot be over $100K. Sirius is notoriously cheap with pretty much anyone and everyone who is not some stupid signing like Oprah or Eminem.
I'm also baffled as to the decision to keep stern on. He stinks and I don't like him
He is a jew so he gets money from other jews. Stern was never as popular as he claimed. Like most other famous kikes he is simply propped up by the show business machine that makes Seth Rogen or Adam Sandler famous.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I really think his target audience is middle aged / older women who think they’re still “cool” because they listen to Stern. He complains about everything, loves any tv/films made for women (the bachelor, etc) talks about cats, and trashing Trump. I personally haven’t heard any men talk about what Stern did / had on his show in years and I had a good amount of friends who initially got Sirius for Stern.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
The thing is...there are NO kids. Zoomers are bad consoomers.

SiriusXM should figure out new ways to milk the same set of 39-59 year old dumbasses.
Yeah I was surprised to hear they had a “tik Tok” radio channel recently since the tik Tok crowd isn’t buying Sirius. I think they even have a SoundCloud channel. Is Jim / Sam on Faction? I remember when they had a Bam Margera show that was just him and the CKY guys getting all fucked up and telling stories

SpitballSparky

"Can we come over & discuss your daughter's tits?"
Forum Clout

It's gotta be one of those short-term decisions where the suits know that the second that Howard doesn't renew his deal, SXM's stock will immediately take a bit of a stumble and then they'll have to explain to a bunch of investors how everything is actually okay and not a shitshow. Probably much easier to just keep the gravy train on the track, audience size and future fiscal states be damned.