So So So So Did Joe lose the cruise or what?

That’s not a gig. Pretty sure he rents that place and promotes himself. How will he do that without his PA system? Is he paring that gig down to his acoustic show?
He definitely does. He rents the hall for maybe $200, so he needs to sell ten $20 tickets to break even. Those are the margins he's working with, so now he's cutting all costs to the bone. No band, no gear, just pure Joe. If he draws twenty people, it's a phenomenal night for him.

G

You should listen to the guy in the chair.
IMG_0017.jpeg

Wa4892

Does anyone have an account on Reverb? Maybe start a discussion with him where you feign interest in the Setzer effects board, and mention 'your listing says you're going to be working on cruise ships so I imagine you want to wrap up any negotiation quickly' and see if that prompts him to admit the opportunity fell through.

As much as I was looking forward to general Joe buffoonary on the open seas, this was a real bad idea from the start. If you have expenses on dry land for home, auto, etc, not to mention parenting responsibilities of a teenager, the financial benefits cruise ship life offers, are negated.

JebJoh

Does anyone have an account on Reverb? Maybe start a discussion with him where you feign interest in the Setzer effects board, and mention 'your listing says you're going to be working on cruise ships so I imagine you want to wrap up any negotiation quickly' and see if that prompts him to admit the opportunity fell through.

As much as I was looking forward to general Joe buffoonary on the open seas, this was a real bad idea from the start. If you have expenses on dry land for home, auto, etc, not to mention parenting responsibilities of a teenager, the financial benefits cruise ship life offers, are negated.

I’ve never heard of a cruise line paying anyone very much. Even big acts take low fees but negotiate amenities. And unless joe is part of a band that draws people on the cruise he’d have to under bid clowns and jugglers