Share your favorite home cooked meals. Patreeky is right, we need to eat more of them.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
I like to make my own pizza, the options are endless.

a0328171439881cbeeba17d5ef360bc5 (1).jpg

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
The best night is taco night. My mom makes taco meat out of ground turkey and homemade guacamole. I make a mountain of meat mixed with guac, cheese, and hot sauce. Sometimes we have these crappy taco shells but I usually just dip tortilla chips in it. Fawkin good
You must have some horrendous shits afterwards, Lucy be with you, no bs.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
I'm into roasted vegetables lately, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, etc. put on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil & into the oven at 375 until they start to brown & crisp up.
I thought brussel sprouts were gross and my cousin owns a restaurant where they serve it with lots of greasy ass bbq, which is great for some people but didn't really make me like them a whole lot.
I just put them in the air fryer for a bit with some oil and holy fucking shit I can't wait to grow them this year. We eat them all the time now. Any of the brassicas roasted right are delicious.

Currently doing a chuck roast with some mushroom gravy and roasted carrots. Threw in some spinach just because. Slow cooker, air fryer, instant pot have cut cooking down a whole lot in terms of time and effort. Also finally got into grilling last summer and it's great for not making the house so hot while searing a steak or getting that nice char on some onion rounds.

I just hate baking. I can't stand not having immediate control over something when I inevitably start to fuck it up. I can't tell when something is shit until it's been in the oven and then it's done? Fuck that. Tried getting into bread baking and I was doing okay but since corn tortillas are super easy to make fuuuuuuck that.

TheNanaDook

Take the smoker pill gents. An electric one is less than $250, chips are cheap, and you can make cheap cuts of meat into the best meals you've ever had. Chicken thighs, briskett, pork shoulder, chuck roast, hell I've done cheap burgers and hot dogs in this. You can find rub recipes everywhere online (I can recommend a few). Sides can be done in here too. Baked potatoes, even mac and cheese. Channel your inner redneck.

smoker.jpeg

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Any of the brassicas roasted right are delicious.
Amen. Kenji Lopez-Alt did a recipe a while back for vegetable lo mein with napa cabbage as the star and I was kinda skeptical it wouldn't just taste like mushy vegetable nonsense. His trick was to let the cabbage sear quite long in the wok so they get a nice nutty (:pfg_sm:) caramelization going. I tried it and it did taste way better than I was expecting.