• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Saw a guy die yesterday

Forum Clout
At a conference in DC. Collapsed on the ground and was not breathing. They did chest compressions and hit him with the defibrillator for about 20 minutes before EMTs took him away.

Pretty chilling. You’d think despite all the TV and Internet consumed, our brains would be so fried that something like that doesn’t register. Take care of yourselves
Back in the 00s, a guy I worked with just dropped dead out of nowhere. A real fit, clean-cut, relentlessly upbeat black guy, around 40 or so. He was a former Marine, the kind of guy who'd do 100 pull-ups or do a five mile run at lunchtime. He was working in a construction site trailer, I walked in, said hey, and went into the adjacent room to talk to the girl who did all the clerical work there. The guy just fell over backwards and hit the floor. She was a volunteer EMT and did CPR, I called 911, then ran to her car to get her bag, with that breathing bag thing you squeeze (don't know what it's called). We worked it for a long, long 5-10 minutes before the cops rolled up, but he was dead as soon as he hit the ground. Congenital heart defect. It was highly disturbing, and I was pretty rattled for a while. I've seen other people die, but that one was so sudden and harrowing.

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
Forum Clout
Back in the 00s, a guy I worked with just dropped dead out of nowhere. A real fit, clean-cut, relentlessly upbeat black guy, around 40 or so. He was a former Marine, the kind of guy who'd do 100 pull-ups or do a five mile run at lunchtime. He was working in a construction site trailer, I walked in, said hey, and went into the adjacent room to talk to the girl who did all the clerical work there. The guy just fell over backwards and hit the floor. She was a volunteer EMT and did CPR, I called 911, then ran to her car to get her bag, with that breathing bag thing you squeeze (don't know what it's called). We worked it for a long, long 5-10 minutes before the cops rolled up, but he was dead as soon as he hit the ground. Congenital heart defect. It was highly disturbing, and I was pretty rattled for a while. I've seen other people die, but that one was so sudden and harrowing.
I keep waiting for that to happen to me because I have all kinds of weird heart rhythm issues. I hope I traumatize some dumb onlooker when I croak.

TheNanaDook

Forum Clout
I was about 8 or 9, at a Holiday Inn indoor pool, swimming around and playing pool football with my friend or some retarded kid shit. A black kid hops into the deep end near where we're at, and starts going underwater and swimming around. Well we paid no attention, but at some point shortly after, he didn't come back up and suddenly there were people jumping in and pulling him out and doing CPR and shit. No use, he was dead. I kinda understood what was happening but it hit me quite a bit later when they basically kicked everyone out of the hotel and sent them to other hotels because of how crazy the scene was. I still think about it from time to time, it was chilling.

Milk74

I'm black Irish
Forum Clout
Half of the members here would literally pay to watch a black guy die in front of them.

Saddam Hussein

Forum Clout
I think alot of this shit is luck of the draw. Obviously you shouldn’t smoke 10 packs a day but ultimately when we go is decided by our ancestors, not us

Turk February

Our experiences exceed yours.
Forum Clout
You called 911 on a black man at your work? You disgust me.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
I see people die often in my line of work. You get numb to seeing it outside of when it’s a child. Those stick with people, adults dying generally do not.
My dad was a firefighter. He used to get noticeably quieter and just wanted to sleep a lot after he'd have to respond to fatal car accidents/fires I'm guessing because they sometimes involve kids or old ladies and people get mangled in them. He said it's bothersome when it's helpless, fragile people in general.

He actually had a little quasi-breakdown to me one time about him flipping out on a cop at a car accident scene where a little dog got thrown from a car, both people in the crash were dead and the thing was all fucked up and suffering and whining so my dad like pleaded with the cops to shoot it and they wouldn't. He said he was going to kill it and the one cop was like "If you want an animal cruelty charge" and he snapped and went on some rant about cruelty and how standing there ignoring something suffering is cruel and goes beyond professional apathy. I think he got in some shit over that one. He chalks it up to "I couldn't think with the thing screaming and I looked at it for too long."

There was another time that he used to tell as like a fun story but you could tell it fucked with him, there was a house fire and they searched through the burning house for the old guy who lived there and couldn't find him. They ended up finding the guy hiding behind a big rock quite a way from the house scared out of his mind. The guy had alzheimers and turned into a scared little boy. He wanted someone to hold him so my dad picked the guy up and carried him around and talked to him exactly like he would a little kid. He apparently got ripped on for it and he'd talk like it was a funny experience but one time he half assed started to tear up when he told it.

Frail, harmless things.

TheNanaDook

Forum Clout
My dad was a firefighter. He used to get noticeably quieter and just wanted to sleep a lot after he'd have to respond to fatal car accidents/fires I'm guessing because they sometimes involve kids or old ladies and people get mangled in them. He said it's bothersome when it's helpless, fragile people in general.

He actually had a little quasi-breakdown to me one time about him flipping out on a cop at a car accident scene where a little dog got thrown from a car, both people in the crash were dead and the thing was all fucked up and suffering and whining so my dad like pleaded with the cops to shoot it and they wouldn't. He said he was going to kill it and the one cop was like "If you want an animal cruelty charge" and he snapped and went on some rant about cruelty and how standing there ignoring something suffering is cruel and goes beyond professional apathy. I think he got in some shit over that one. He chalks it up to "I couldn't think with the thing screaming and I looked at it for too long."

There was another time that he used to tell as like a fun story but you could tell it fucked with him, there was a house fire and they searched through the burning house for the old guy who lived there and couldn't find him. They ended up finding the guy hiding behind a big rock quite a way from the house scared out of his mind. The guy had alzheimers and turned into a scared little boy. He wanted someone to hold him so my dad picked the guy up and carried him around and talked to him exactly like he would a little kid. He apparently got ripped on for it and he'd talk like it was a funny experience but one time he half assed started to tear up when he told it.

Frail, harmless things.

Your dad seems like a good guy. A real ass dude, if you will.