• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Rick is more successful than JDA in every metric

Clint Ruin

I'm sorry, who are you?
Forum Clout
And yet, he can't name a single one of those metrics

Screenshot_20220215-134230.jpg

BudDickman

Forum Clout
I don't know what JDA does, so I can't say. But it is impossible to imagine anyone being less successful than Pat. No one reads his books even though they were promoted by major publishers. He has made $30k during his entire 10 year writing career. That is how much he has made off of book advances, which he has not earned out.

Even if you believe him when he says he earns out and rakes in royalties, he would have to generate orders of magnitude more in royalties than he got in advance money just to come close to six figures. An author who does that would have a publishing contract if he wanted one, and Pat obviously loves the prestige associated with being under contract with a major publisher.

Even with all the failure, Pat is still a huge overachiever just based on the fact that he got a publishing contract without having an ounce of talent. I've never read a single paragraph that Pat has written that wasn't littered with grammatical errors, mixed metaphors, clumsy attempts at imitating more talented writers, or just straight up nonsense. You can tell he is remarkably stupid with every sample of writing.

No one who is as devoid of talent and generally repugnant as Pat should ever earn a cent doing anything other than degrading themselves publicly to a chorus of derisive laughter, so in that respect Pat has achieved some measure of success. But that is probably attributable to his association with the SFWA pedophile club and not to talent or hard work.