• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Revisiting the Great Grape Argument

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
Ron and Fez did talk every day. And if Opie wanted to do a show with his best friend, he shouldn’t have let his ugly girlfriend be a bitch to Anthony’s ugly girlfriend just because she preferred Anthony’s ugly wife. Also, Opie currently claims that he stopped being friends with Anthony in Boston, which is a blatant lie. They stopped being friends in like 2002-2004 when they were off the air.

Opie has about 12 legitimate reasons to hate Anthony. He showed up drunk, he called out a lot, he committed multiple sex crimes on air every day, but Opie was never mad about that. He was mad that this magical foursome they had together broke up. Even today he says dumb shit. Recently he said “Anthony’s a racist now!” God damn Opie, was he not a racist in 2007? Or 2014 when you let him go on 45 minute race rants? I despise all 3 hosts and wish suffering on them.
Norton was always the worm in the relationship. From when he joined through when they were off the air, he pretended to be opies friend, Opie would fly around the country to see Norton's shows and hang.

Norton flips over to ant probably to ingratiate himself with the more comedic side of the show and to win the fans. That created the wedge because stopped talking to Opie, a guy who supported him, and started hanging at Child Pound McMansion

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
I didn't read your thesis sized post about the great grape argument but the fact that they used to eat on mic is one of the biggest gripe I have with the show. The level of unprofessionalism and distain they had for their listeners to drink/eat on air, I am surprised Sirius never brought it up.
"(((Amy Schumer))) is "funny" -Nana,Worm The BrotherMan after Patrices death when somebody said the Jewess should be the one that died🤡🤨🤬

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
The thing that gets me is that I truly believe Opie didn’t fight for Anthony but he also had no right to. How can Anthony be shocked at Opie not fighting for him when he was calling him a cunt behind his back in the same room as the guy?
I finally realized what a piece of shit Cumia was when he started to question whether Opie 'fought hard enough for him' after the firing.

- He got himself fired for stupid racist shit he had been warned about
- He went on Fox News to say he would never apologize
- He was fired July 3rd and announced the CP network on July 8th without talking about it to Opie
- Returning on air Opie defended Ant, plugged his show and said he talked with SXM and that the door wasn't permanently closed.

Then, much later, Cumia starts really manipulating the hate and saying Opie should have threatened to breach his contract. Even the Worm had said SXM would have just called the bluff. When Opie offered to hash things out over a beer, Cumia insisted they only talk on-air on his show and finally did the 'Greggshells' episode, airing Opie's dirty laundry.

He torched their legacy and whatever was left of the partnership for cheap Team Ant / Opie Hate reddit points.

From the Newsweek interview

(NEWSWEEK) Anything else you'd like to add?

(CUMIA)
The reddit and twitter people are hilarious. Social media has really changed everything. In radio, early on, you'd get a fax that spit out 'You suck.' And it would bug you. Now it's a carpet bombing of hatred and criticism. Not even in entertainment. 'You're a lousy carpenter.' There are people catching that. Whereas you had to have a tough skin years ago, your skin now has to be teflon or Kevlar.

If I could say anything to help Opie out, its to not let that shit bother you. He plays right into it and it makes it bigger. It's like the blob, you keep feeding it and it makes it bigger.

Social media destroyed his brain.

G

[MEDIA=youtube]TRfAeD-wNcY[/MEDIA]

I posted the Opie vs Jim fight, so lets look at this one.

Now the argument turns from personal shit into business shit. Anthony claims Opie never goes to meetings. I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR A SECOND. We know from the Guitar Hero Jew that Opie never went to Apple meetings because he had a Blackberry. Now that is fucking embarrassing, but Opie is literally known as the company / behind the scenes dude. I cannot imagine drunkerd Nana wanting to attend an advertiser meeting after leaving 5 minutes early to speed down the highway to his Mcmansion.

Now Opie brings up the real shit after Anthony says he “tries to keep it light”. “You’re distracted by Paltalk, your phone, when you’ve missed a lot of shows…” Opie is an uncreative retard and can’t say anything funny without Paltalk so -1 for him. However, Anthony mainly used Paltalk to look at naked teenagers which isn’t productive for your radio show. But Anthony did miss a lot of shows for no fucking reason other than being an alcoholic childish bitch. This dude rants about how Niggers should work on a daily basis and how easy the job was but couldn’t show up to his RADIO JOB because he had to gamble , drink, and fuck teenagers. (And lets be honest, Anthony did not “Keep it light”. Sure he wouldn’t get pissed about management or the phones but he would scream daily about niggers.)

Opie: “I can do something else tomorrow” That didn’t age well.

Anthony can NOT fucking be honest and just say “Yes i’ve missed shows, i’m sorry, but that doesn’t reflect my commitment to the show.” but Anthony is one of those people who, even when he knows he’s wrong, will just be a fucking dickhead and double down on how the shitty things he’s doing aren’t shitty. It’s the same way he reflects on being a “bad friend” and forgetting best friend’s birthday with no shame.

When Opie says that the show should move on, I understand how Anthony thinks this is ridiculous, but lets be honest, the show sucked at this point. Jimmys characters would take over, Anthony was so obsessed with race he couldn’t be funny, and Opie was so mentally ill he couldn’t even be interested in the show he claims to have started. It was not working anymore. Watching youtube clips and TV shows on air is not half as interesting as the shit they were doing in even 2007.

Opie talking about not deciding to talk with sponsors after they dropped him on his Honeymoon is INSANITY. The dude cannot find the difference between business and personal shit, wether it’s Anthony or advertisers. THEY DIDNT KNOW YOU WERE ON YOUR HONEYMOON RETARD. It’s not a fucking personal jab and Anthony even says the “writing was on the wall” with them leaving. What was so shocking stupid?

Thats the end of my autistic analyzing. These guys are fucking manbabies who can’t admit they’re own fault and are so wrapped up in alcoholism or mental illness that they couldn’t even save their own million dollar radio show, IP, and friendship. What a bunch of fucking idiots.
Your previous post got me thinking about this exact same book ending. It’s so fucking hilarious how sensitive these ‘shock jock’ high hat assholes behave. Same thing with Stern.

He’d interrupt a decent enough bit to complain some woodchuck newspaper slamming him usually for the right reasons.

All these idiots would be better off just ‘spinning records.’

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
Forum Clout
The thing that gets me is that I truly believe Opie didn’t fight for Anthony but he also had no right to. How can Anthony be shocked at Opie not fighting for him when he was calling him a cunt behind his back in the same room as the guy?
It's a bit of a false dichotomy.

FACT: Cumia was fired via email.

There were no negotiations. There never are. It's a 100 million dollar legal case if it came out the company somehow consulted Opie before making the decision to fire or not to fire Cumia over his stupid tweets.

And once the decision was made, they were not going to reverse it immediately. Happened to Sam Seder but wasn't going to happen here.

First show back after the firing Opie said he talked with SXM CEO Greenstein and that he thought the door wasn't permanently closed. Reading between the lines: Ant needed to go away for few years, clean up his act and perhaps when it came time for Opie & Jim to re-sign in 2016 Ant could get hired back (or perhaps another company would hire them). Opie also specifically said he wanted to continue The Best Of Opie & Anthony podcast to keep the brand alive.

This was realistically what 'fighting' meant. Accept the facts, keep the brand alive, keep the company happy.

Ant never wanted any part of that. He was asking O&A fans to boycott SXM, wanted the podcast killed and boasted about never apologizing. He wanted a pointless fake fight.

NEWSWEEK: Do you think Opie did everything he could to save Anthony's job?

THE WORM:
In the beginning, we both knew Anthony wasn't coming back immediately but it never occurred to me that it was a permanent thing.

Opie always indicated to me that he was trying to save Ant's job. I never at one point thought Opie didn't want to keep him. When Ant got fired, no one's first thought was, Let's save Ant. It was, Oh my God we are getting fired too. I get why Anthony feels this way, but there was never any indication that Opie wasn't fighting for Ant. I know it sounds like I'm playing both sides but I literally don't know the answer to some of these question.

I believe he did fight for Ant because he told me he did at that vulnerable time, I really can't see why he would be thinking about moving along alone. As time went on, I think he realized he could see his own show more.