• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reminder: This thing got Opie fired.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
Forum Clout
Corporations are shitty. I've been laid off more times than about 99.9% of the population. I've been laid off eight times. Here was one of them:

About three years ago, I had a recruiter reach out to me about a job. He was trying to get me to propose a salary of $250K a year. I refused to take the bait - the job should have paid about $150K and I thought the recruiter was being greedy.

So we did all the negotiations, and when the dust settled, they hired me at $200K. I was the one who encouraged the employer to pay me less. I did this on purpose; I figured that if I was making $250K there would be a giant target on my back because of my salary.

About eighteen months later, I was unceremoniously laid off.

One of my coworkers was fired about six months earlier than that. I chatted with him about it, and he told me that:

1) I was a "Dead Man Walking" as soon as I accepted the role. Basically my employer had signed a contract and they didn't have anyone to do the work, so they were prepared to throw a quarter of a million dollars at the first person who showed up (me.)

2) As soon as I started, they were looking to replace me with someone cheaper.

3) By the time that I was laid off, they'd found three people to replace my role. Two out of three of them worked in the 3rd world for peanuts. One of them worked in the U.S., but was hired part time to basically manage the other two.
So they'd managed to take one person making $200K (me) and replace them with three people, all for less money.

Globalism is a bitch.
Tell the one about how you took LSD at a club and it changed your life.

Also, send a pic of your wife's big jugs. I lost the one you posted on reddit.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Forum Clout
The staff tried to play him off as this cuddly ball of lard that giggles and squeals when you playfully tickle it's rolls, but I've heard clips where he would just spew pure unfiltered venom at people who confront him and not even in a funny way.

That’s pretty funny actually. “How’s your dead dog, still dead?” Fawkin vicious

TheYepster

yep yep yep yep yep
Forum Clout
Corporations are shitty. I've been laid off more times than about 99.9% of the population. I've been laid off eight times. Here was one of them:

About three years ago, I had a recruiter reach out to me about a job. He was trying to get me to propose a salary of $250K a year. I refused to take the bait - the job should have paid about $150K and I thought the recruiter was being greedy.

So we did all the negotiations, and when the dust settled, they hired me at $200K. I was the one who encouraged the employer to pay me less. I did this on purpose; I figured that if I was making $250K there would be a giant target on my back because of my salary.

One of my coworkers was fired about six months earlier than that. I chatted with him about it, and he told me that:

1) I was a "Dead Man Walking" as soon as I accepted the role. Basically my employer had signed a contract and they didn't have anyone to do the work, so they were prepared to throw a quarter of a million dollars at the first person who showed up (me.)

3) By the time that I was laid off, they'd found three people to replace my role. Two out of three of them worked in the 3rd world for peanuts. One of them worked in the U.S., but was hired part time to basically manage the other two.
So they'd managed to take one person making $200K (me) and replace them with three people, all for less money.

Globalism is a bitch.
you the same Jack from dot org?

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
wasn't Roland's dad some entertainment industry guy?
Yes. Pretty much all of Roland's booking power for guests came through his dad. One of the funniest bits on the show was when a listener made a fake Roland facebook and twitter account and began booking people on O&A through the account. And got a few people to call into the show for their interview. And even got Mike Baker, a CIA faggot, duped into showing up to the actual studio thinking that fake Roland was the real Roland.

BrotherMan1488

Forum Clout
Management fired the position of executive producer. Not just Steve C. You think Opie and Anthony didn't want an executive producer running the behind the scenes stuff? Management hated the show and tried to sabotage them right and left. Steve C was getting fired because management didn't want them having senior level staff. The whole argument over Foundry had nothing to do with Steve being fired.

O&A being popular saved their jobs. If they were not responsible for so many radio subs they would have been dumped in a second. E-Lo was just another corporate douche who had nothing to do with the show's success.

Eric Logan was supposedly a huge O&A fan but obviously never actually listened to the show. Like most of the corporate tools he would read a summary of the week and listen to a few bits but didn't actually care. He quit O&A to work for Oprah Winfrey which tells you all you need to know. Most of the senior people behind O&A were just radio goons and not O&A fans.

He was called up to management for that so that they could talk to him. He was fired because he acted like a retard in that meeting and put his feet up on the desk and deliberately did a huge *YAWN* like he was relaxing. And basically did not take the situation seriously. Word is that he acted out at Rockstar Games as well and behaved immaturely.

For assaulting a Stern fan during a walkover.

dramamine

Forum Clout
wasn't Roland's dad some entertainment industry guy?
Not 100% on all of this, but basically his dad ran a popular restaurant in LA. He had a lot of showbiz connections as a result, and Roland has been around celebrities his whole life.
Roland has always been extremely well connected and a large part of his work seems to involve exchanging favors with other people in the industry. Sam had a conversation with him on the shit show once, surprisingly interesting.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout

Globalism is a bitch.
You should have inisisted in the $250k. The recruiter obviously knew the situation and you were going to be laid off anyway, so take the extra money.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
"Your position has been eliminated" is a way of firing someone without exposing yourself to a lawsuit. Back in the day, everyone was saying that Steve C died because of "failed gastric bypass surgery" and I was the lone person saying "Steve C killed himself because Opie got rid of him, Jim Norton was getting weirdly chummy with his wife, and Steve C couldn't find a decent job." (The thing that tipped me off that it was suicide was that he died on his wedding anniversary.)
The theories that he necked himself because of the firing and that Sam or Opie or da show were therefore directly responsible never made any sense. Steve killed himself like what, 2 years after he was let go? This is a guy who's had multiple serious and expensive health problems plaguing him for years, was self-admittedly dealing with psychological issues, and recently had a kid. There very well may have been marital disputes that we're not aware of but I highly fucking doubt that the Worm was at the center of those.

Losing the job at Sirius XM was probably a contributing factor or maybe even what set the snowball in motion but it clearly wasn't the only thing in play. People who are sound of mind and body don't react that way to losing a gig.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Steve killed himself like what, 2 years after he was let go? This is a guy who's had multiple serious and expensive health problems plaguing him for years.
The overwhelming consensus was that his stomach ailments became too much to deal with. He likely had had some type of botched surgery that left him in huge pain for years. Medical malpractice is still like the 2nd or 3rd leading cause of death in America. I have no doubt that the surgeon that Steve C had used was an incompetent. And caused him tremendous pain and misery for years until he just could not take it.

Forum Clout
Remember the time the b-b-b-boys were kind of but not terribly rude to Paris Hilton or someone and their management got mad at Roland so he went on air and fucking blubbered like a mental patient?

Don't. Get. The Panda. Angry!