• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Reminder: "The little cunt won't even look at me."

DMAN

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
i agree with most of the posts above for O&A. But Opie ridiculously failed to change direction after it became O&J.

Vic and Sherrod, man. Oh, and the Stangels. And after complaining for a decade, "Management loves the direction of the show."

It really sucks that neither of them could make a great show without the other.

You somehow manage to bring up the dumbest points possible. Who the fuck cares what happened to the show after Ant got fired? Lol you said any of that like it was a pressing matter.

Yeah, THAT's what matters. The "direction" that the O&J show took. Nobody even heard that radio show. What are you blathering about sir?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Forum Clout
An Opie bit I love that I don't think I've ever seen anyone else even mention is from the 90s. If I remember correctly, he was talking shit about a female host on the channel and she crashes the show to confront him and then for like 30 minutes it's just Opie trying to convince her to quit because she sucks at radio while Cumia sits there nervously.
Carol Miller. Classic bit.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
You somehow manage to bring up the dumbest points possible. Who the fuck cares what happened to the show after Ant got fired? Lol you said any of that like it was a pressing matter.

Yeah, THAT's what matters. The "direction" that the O&J show took. Nobody even heard that radio show. What are you blathering about sir?
You didn’t say I was wrong.

Forum Clout
Even though I agree with everything you said I still hate Opie a lot. Opie doesn't have one redeeming quality on the show. He is not funny, he steamrolls over everything, would take inane phone calls to put a halt to anything that is going on, burps into the mic, would overuse soundboard effects. He added completely nothing to the show and anyone who claims otherwise is a fucking retard.

And don't take this as a "fuck Opie/pro Anthony/Jim" rant because I hate them all.
But see, this is the thing whenever it gets to critiquing the opster. Every one of those complaints are about how he is in the context of a radio show, not who he is as a person. We're just collectively autistic enough to have listened to him for multiple years to notice enough of his patterns to get annoyed by it; in the real world, Opie is miles better than any of these other slime balls. If you met him irl and said "he's a nice guy, but I hate how he pronounces words", you'd look insane.

Even the worst critiques of him (couldn't take a joke, strict boss, etc.) all still pale in comparison to even the tamest shit that Nana and the Worm pulled. At least Opie's failings are human/corrrrrectable, rather that than to be a racist pedophile or a pervert who date raped a woman in 2004.

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Forum Clout
Are we autistically dissecting the inner workings of the relationship of two shock jock radio show hosts (almost a decade out of syndication btw) that got fired for twitter hatecrimes and filming people shitting without their consent again? Never change, boys.
It’s better than Patrick shit

GOD DAMN RICH CUNT

and then she shoved hay in her twat and asshole
Forum Clout
But see, this is the thing whenever it gets to critiquing the opster. Every one of those complaints are about how he is in the context of a radio show, not who he is as a person. We're just collectively autistic enough to have listened to him for multiple years to notice enough of his patterns to get annoyed by it; in the real world, Opie is miles better than any of these other slime balls. If you met him irl and said "he's a nice guy, but I hate how he pronounces words", you'd look insane.

Even the worst critiques of him (couldn't take a joke, strict boss, etc.) all still pale in comparison to even the tamest shit that Nana and the Worm pulled. At least Opie's failings are human/corrrrrectable, rather that than to be a racist pedophile or a pervert who date raped a woman in 2004.
Nailed it.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter
Forum Clout

He was the nicest one out of the 3 of them when I met them. AntH just wanted to get to his Escalade and begin ranting at all of the niggers on the LIE.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
How about the fact that towards the end, during that Cake Stomp reemergence on Reddit, Opie didn't really offer an apology and basically said "Yep, the homeless guy was our friend. You're too stupid to know what happened and your outrage is fake. Thanks bye."

This was actually mentioned on SXM years later. Opie was making a list of people who hate him. Sam suggested a name, Opie said "nah we're all good with them now." Sam asked "Why? Because you don't care anymore? You mocked them and then attacked them for defending themselves." Opie conceded the point and admitted he only cares about his emotions.

That's just completely false. Opie was grinning from ear to ear like a proud father whenever Anthony would go off on a hilarious impersonation rant. You are blinded by Anthony's fake hate manipulation.
The most genuine sounding Opie laughs I've ever heard were when Anthony was doing the Imus impression.

HipTuckerCumia

hard drive full of CP media
Forum Clout

Some kitchen psychology: the traits that irk us the most in others are often the things we hate about ourselves. Opie is the kind of guy who is not naturally funny and can't sing in tune, but tried to join in when Ant and Jim were riffing parody songs off the cuff. Opie hate is easy, since the flaws are obvious and most of us are insecure dolts at times.

Cumia hate on the other hand is more of an acquired taste. You learn to appreciate the little nuances, like how after he publicly disrespected Opie's brother's restaurant, he felt like Opie should reach out to him to smooth things over instead the other way around. A small window into a truly demented mind. Cumia is the kind of guy who - after making sure he never has to face them in person again - airs his ex-girlfriends' dirty laundry on radio for cheap laughs, and abandons his mom.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Opie is the kind of guy who is not naturally funny and can't sing in tune, but tried to join in when Ant and Jim were riffing parody songs off the cuff. Opie hate is easy, since the flaws are obvious and most of us are insecure dolts at times.
Except Opie was funny. And probably was overall funnier than Jim taking the entire show into context. And half of those "riffs" were taken from Paltalk or Instant Feedback. Or written by someone else in the studio. You can tell when Anthony was delivering a line from the listeners because he would read it in a tone that was slightly different than him just going off the cuff.

Remember the Vos Shining bit? How basically all of the listeners called in with killer lines? Imagine instead of the listeners delivering those lines it was just Anthony and Jimmy stealing them for their own laughs. That is how that Newfie song riffing bit came about. It was the listeners throwing the jokes out and Antony singing them. Also who do you think selected those callers and put the funny ones on the air for Vos Shining? I will give you a hint, it was not Anthony nor Jim.

The fact is that Anthony and Jimmy were not as funny as they were by themselves. They used lines from the listeners every single day. The Anthony and Jimmy we see now are the versions without the support of the Pests. And so they are no longer nearly as funny.
Cumia hate on the other hand is more of an acquired taste. You learn to appreciate the little nuances, like how after he publicly disrespected Opie's brother's restaurant, he felt like Opie should reach out to him to smooth things over instead the other way around. A small window into a truly demented mind.
The reason Anthony did it is because he hated Opie and just wanted to make his life miserable and wanted to cause a rift to break up the show. Most likely Anthony was served properly on time and got the right order. But he just wanted to go after Opie and was looking for any excuse or reason. Stuff like "the cunt won't even look at me" is proof that he and his fag friend Norton were deliberately sabotaging the show behind Opie's back. And behind the listeners' backs as well.
Cumia is the kind of guy who - after making sure he never has to face them in person again - airs his ex-girlfriends' dirty laundry on radio for cheap laughs, and abandons his mom.
If you are referring to Jill it was her who blasted Anthony in the media first. She used her new's channels PR team to plant stories in the media about Anthony that ripped him. Including talking about how he was addicted to xanax pills due to contract negotiations which Opie and Jim laughed at on the air. If Jill had never gone to the media there is no way Anthony talks about him having to wash oil off of ducks.

Her revealing that he became a drug addict over contract negotiations proved that Opie was always correct to be the one to handle management. That Anthony was indeed a pissy eyed faggot who wore mommy's shoes and didn't have the balls and fortitude to take on the bosses when it came to getting raises or fighting for bits or whatever. That he became such a nervous little bitch over renewing their contracts that he would drug himself out. It hurt his image as this masculine man and made him look like a total pussy. So he lashed out hugely against Jill.

DMAN

Forum Clout
This argument wasn't on the air. It was before the show started, and led to Opie leaving for the day.

The first 35 mins is a shitty 'Best of' before Anthony and Jim apologize for the delay and begin the show.

There was video of the incident live on Paltalk. But nobody recorded it, because it was just another day. Nobody was capping the start of the show of just another day. But you could see it going down, and Anthony moved the camera away. Opie didn't show up for another 3 days, and on his first day back his first words were "Anthony and I had a fight, Danny got fired, etc."

Stetten's Long Thumbers

Poot poot poot poot
Forum Clout
Except Opie was funny. And probably was overall funnier than Jim taking the entire show into context. And half of those "riffs" were taken from Paltalk or Instant Feedback. Or written by someone else in the studio. You can tell when Anthony was delivering a line from the listeners because he would read it in a tone that was slightly different than him just going off the cuff.

Remember the Vos Shining bit? How basically all of the listeners called in with killer lines? Imagine instead of the listeners delivering those lines it was just Anthony and Jimmy stealing them for their own laughs. That is how that Newfie song riffing bit came about. It was the listeners throwing the jokes out and Antony singing them. Also who do you think selected those callers and put the funny ones on the air for Vos Shining? I will give you a hint, it was not Anthony nor Jim.

The fact is that Anthony and Jimmy were not as funny as they were by themselves. They used lines from the listeners every single day. The Anthony and Jimmy we see now are the versions without the support of the Pests. And so they are no longer nearly as funny.

The reason Anthony did it is because he hated Opie and just wanted to make his life miserable and wanted to cause a rift to break up the show. Most likely Anthony was served properly on time and got the right order. But he just wanted to go after Opie and was looking for any excuse or reason. Stuff like "the cunt won't even look at me" is proof that he and his fag friend Norton were deliberately sabotaging the show behind Opie's back. And behind the listeners' backs as well.

If you are referring to Jill it was her who blasted Anthony in the media first. She used her new's channels PR team to plant stories in the media about Anthony that ripped him. Including talking about how he was addicted to xanax pills due to contract negotiations which Opie and Jim laughed at on the air. If Jill had never gone to the media there is no way Anthony talks about him having to wash oil off of ducks.

Her revealing that he became a drug addict over contract negotiations proved that Opie was always correct to be the one to handle management. That Anthony was indeed a pissy eyed faggot who wore mommy's shoes and didn't have the balls and fortitude to take on the bosses when it came to getting raises or fighting for bits or whatever. That he became such a nervous little bitch over renewing their contracts that he would drug himself out. It hurt his image as this masculine man and made him look like a total pussy. So he lashed out hugely against Jill.
If Ant had gotten into radio by himself he'd still be making $27000 in Boston. Spineless cunt owes Opie for negotiating every million he blew on cp media

Duxbury Dave

The Ringleader
Forum Clout
If Ant had gotten into radio by himself he'd still be making $27000 in Boston. Spineless cunt owes Opie for negotiating every million he blew on cp media
Thank you. The revisionist history around the rise of Opie and Anthony irks me to no end. In the WAAF days, Anthony felt more like the funny sidekick to Opie's wacky radio host. It evolved over time and certainly Anthony is the funnier of the two, but O&A never gets off the ground without Opie negotiating deals and putting the structure of the show in place.

DMAN

Forum Clout
Thank you. The revisionist history around the rise of Opie and Anthony irks me to no end. In the WAAF days, Anthony felt more like the funny sidekick to Opie's wacky radio host. It evolved over time and certainly Anthony is the funnier of the two, but O&A never gets off the ground without Opie negotiating deals and putting the structure of the show in place.

But but but... Will someone think about the staff? Don't you know that it's very stressful for Sam Roberts to make future plans when his boss Opie plays hardball with a corporation to keep his steady gig going?

Without Opie's insight, the show never would have gotten off the ground. He wanted to jump to podcasting before the show ended.