• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

R.E.M. appreciation thread

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Forum Clout

My favorite song of theirs. I remember going through my Dad's cd collection and ripping out of time to my iTunes library. I put it on in the car one time thinking he'd enjoy it since he owned the fucking thing and he immediately scrunched his face and asked me what this faggot shit was. I told him I got the album from him and he childed me and told me he never bought it. The dudes favorite band was fucking Journey but REM was where he drew the line apparently in terms of gay music.

Stent

jewery duty
Forum Clout
When Stipe came out as gay it seemed like the most redundant shit to announce. It couldn't have been more obvious if he spent the previous 20 years sucking dicks on stage.

The backstory to what's the frequency kenneth is great. Dan Rather being beaten by a guy who thinks the television is beaming signals into his brain.

I never went deep wit da REM but you can't deny their gay music listens pretty good.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
Forum Clout
Whatever if you people don’t like them thst’s fine, i’ll enjoy them by myself
You're not wrong about that era. Btw, I mentioned this like 2 years ago, but I saw Stipe in public like 20 years ago and was surprised how obviously gay he seemed. The way he and his uhh... guy friend came into a restaurant, then waited in line, was quite swishy. Just a little trivia for ya.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout
I really had no idea he was gay for a long time, just didn't think about it, but also really only had heard the music and not seen many videos. Then he went on SNL and did a skit where he was "The Christmas Fairy" or something like that.

Phish

I told them to back off bcuz it wasnt their show
Forum Clout
I always hated em TBPHWY. It all sounds the same to me. All i can even recall off the top of my head is losing my religion. It was played every 3rd somg on the radio in the summer of ‘96 (or whatever the fuck. I dont care. Its 6am on a Saturday and i havent had a day off in weeks and im fucking pissed off to be out in this 16 degree weather fixing a solar inverter. This shit is for niggers and mexicans. (But pays rly well and i gotta free truck out of it so i try take the good with the bad. Im just a grump. @Patreeky cheer me up dude. Or im taking 4mL of GHB and passing out im my truck for the day).

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
I like REM, but I can't agree with their take on Japanese Whaling:

I'm sorry, but my production library skills forced me to add this

Last edited:

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout
What did you expect from these hivemind fags, they are unable to have any thought or opinion of their own, too afraid to not fit in here.

Have they mentioned kikes, niggers or fags yet?

Tell ‘em, Cakehorn!

Every time Treeky tries to spread some positivity here, these try hard fags gotta ruin it. Anyway here’s one of REM’s deep cuts that I don’t think many people would’ve heard.