• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Question for you older fellas. 50+?

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
Everything being so easily accessible takes away a lot of the enjoyment of things. You practically have to make no effort to get any album or movie now. Then there's all the comic book movies being pumped out constantly and all the woke faggotry.

I'm so glad I didn't grow up in this faggot era.
TV is better consumed weekly instead of bingeing. Even if I rewatch a series I always like it more if I watch a couple episodes per week max, instead of sitting down for 12 hours trying to get through it.

JebJoh

Forum Clout
As I'm in my mid 30s I've definitely noticed everything is shit. Music, entertainment, just about everything, is shit. Now growing up I remember older folks saying the same exact thing, in the 90s.

I know the older you get, the less interesting things become to you, but my question is if this past decade or so exponential shitty compared to the shit you complained about?

I really think we're at a crossroad here. Nobody wants to release funny movies that aren't woke. Music is created by AI at this point.
Music now is just as good, in the 70s 80s every cumia in town was in a band. 1 in 200 was good. Nowadays anyone who stuck with music has skills and vision so you can find what you like and the odds are good you’ll be impressed. Movies since streaming Netflix have gone the exact opposite way, there are too many shit movies so you need a good filter.

Everything else is either much better or much easier.

Forum Clout
I’d answer you, but I’ve got a bad case of the gout.
E41D6705-CCFB-4DB8-9591-334B502444AB.jpeg

G

Not to be a pretentious audiofag, but I really started to understand why those people would say analog recording was better. Digital is too clean, which isn't a big deal for certain types of music but those old recordings from the 60's and 70's up through the early 90's just have more warmth and character. Between faggoty autotune and the derivative nature of most new bands, modern music just can't compare. There are good bands out there, but too much disposable crap that leaves no impression.

LockedHDD__Pot

Forum Clout
Not to be a pretentious audiofag, but I really started to understand why those people would say analog recording was better. Digital is too clean, which isn't a big deal for certain types of music but those old recordings from the 60's and 70's up through the early 90's just have more warmth and character. Between faggoty autotune and the derivative nature of most new bands, modern music just can't compare. There are good bands out there, but too much disposable crap that leaves no impression.
also modern music is normalized towards mono (probably so it sounds the same on phones, etc), older music through a decent system is a 3d audio experience

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
There is no fucking way music or movies or TV are as good now than they were in the past decades. Is there talent out there? Of course there is. Are there decent movies out there? Of course there are.

But it doesn’t come close and I’m not wasting my time trying to search for it. Just look at the Academy Awards. Everybody saw Forest Gump, Braveheart, and Titanic. They’re all still played pretty regularly on cable.

I just checked the list and I don’t even recognize the winners from the past 3 years. I don’t even think I’ve heard people mention them in passing.

Your stories about Craig and the boys are far more entertaining than any movie made in the past 5 years.

I could give a fuck about being an irrelevant old man. That’s what I am and I will enjoy my Steven Seagal movies, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Patrick O'Neal

Forum Clout
The paradox of choice is for real.

If you go to an icecream shop and they have chocolate, vanilla and strawberry then you chose the strawberry and are happy. But if they have 100 flavours and you choose the strawberry, you feel like you're missing out.

So, music, movies, TV programs, they are more accessible than ever, but you are left feeling unsatisfied.

So, new entertainment is easier to access than ever, but somehow harder to find. PARADOX, yeah?