• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Question for you older fellas. 50+?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
As I'm in my mid 30s I've definitely noticed everything is shit. Music, entertainment, just about everything, is shit. Now growing up I remember older folks saying the same exact thing, in the 90s.

I know the older you get, the less interesting things become to you, but my question is if this past decade or so exponential shitty compared to the shit you complained about?

I really think we're at a crossroad here. Nobody wants to release funny movies that aren't woke. Music is created by AI at this point.

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Forum Clout
Everything being so easily accessible takes away a lot of the enjoyment of things. You practically have to make no effort to get any album or movie now. Then there's all the comic book movies being pumped out constantly and all the woke faggotry.

I'm so glad I didn't grow up in this faggot era.

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
Music in particular is generally an expression of youth culture. It’s harder to get into new music the older you get. It’s near impossible to look at young mumble rappers with tats all over their face or autotuned cakefaced broads shrieking over a banal 80s synth knockoff beat as a 30+ dude and enjoy it like the 14 year olds of today. At least back in the day music seemed to have distinct subcultures like punks or wiggers or whatever. Nowadays I’m not seeing much differentiation in the yutes. Same hair cuts, same clothes, whatever. Everything is homogenized under the glare of “influencers” peddling corporate crap.

I have some friends who are like 35 who call shit “fire” or get hyped up over “insert generic rapper’s” newest album. It makes me sick.

I knew I had officially become Abe Simpson when TikTok came out. Been on message boards since before Napster, used ICQ, MSN, Facebook, even dabbled in Instagram a bit, among all the random forums I participated in. But when people started showing me TikTok vids with the endless stream of clips one after the other of a bunch of whores doing dances or douchebag guys making low effort “comedy”, ai officially tapped out.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
Music in particular is generally an expression of youth culture. It’s harder to get into new music the older you get. It’s near impossible to look at young mumble rappers with tats all over their face or autotuned cakefaced broads shrieking over a banal 80s synth knockoff beat as a 30+ dude and enjoy it like the 14 year olds of today. At least back in the day music seemed to have distinct subcultures like punks or wiggers or whatever. Nowadays I’m not seeing much differentiation in the yutes. Same hair cuts, same clothes, whatever. Everything is homogenized under the glare of “influencers” peddling corporate crap.

I have some friends who are like 35 who call shit “fire” or get hyped up over “insert generic rapper’s” newest album. It makes me sick.

I knew I had officially become Abe Simpson when TikTok came out. Been on message boards since before Napster, used ICQ, MSN, Facebook, even dabbled in Instagram a bit, among all the random forums I participated in. But when people started showing me TikTok vids with the endless stream of clips one after the other of a bunch of whores doing dances or douchebag guys making low effort “comedy”, ai officially tapped out.

Lol same happened with me. I kept up with stuff over the years including message boards (which is why I love this place more than I liked Reddit) and had Instagram for about 2 weeks. Got tired of seeing pictures of people's food. Only got a Snapchat because it was and still is the easiest way to send a live video to someone else and not have it be in shitty quality, especially if you're on Android where video messages are dogshit.

I can't do TokTik at all. It's quite literally dumbing down society more than anything I can imagine.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Forum Clout
I felt the same until I found that there are people my age making music. It's pretty nice.

I'm pretty sure South Park did an episode where everything everyone did sounded like shit. That's going to come with getting older no matter what. Read what the Bible says about what's new under the sun. Even Solomon was sick of everyone's shit.