• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues🕺

G

As much as I love the Bowie, I don't listen to this one that much. Probably the amount of radio exposure before I was really into Bowie. Still, it's got some good stuff and Modern Love is one of his finest songs. Gets a little dicey after the first three songs though. I think he leaned a bit too far into the pop angle after how great Scary Monsters was.

G

As much as I love the Bowie, I don't listen to this one that much. Probably the amount of radio exposure before I was really into Bowie. Still, it's got some good stuff and Modern Love is one of his finest songs. Gets a little dicey after the first three songs though. I think he leaned a bit too far into the pop angle after how great Scary Monsters was.

It was the first Bowie record i ever heard as a young kid (or Hunky Dory i don’t remember) So nostalgia might be at play here but i always had a soft spot in my heart for this record. Is it one of his best? No, it’s too inconsistent for that. But just the lyrics for Let’s Dance alone makes my heart melt. I’m a fag.

G

It was the first Bowie record i ever heard as a young kid (or Hunky Dory i don’t remember) So nostalgia might be at play here but i always had a soft spot in my heart for this record. Is it one of his best? No, it’s too inconsistent for that. But just the lyrics for Let’s Dance alone makes my heart melt. I’m a fag.
I think the fact that I got into Bowie through stuff like Station to Station and Low plus already knowing the hits off of it are why I don't listen to it much. I'd probably feel differently if I had the same experience with it as you.

Do you like to dance under the serious moonlight, funster?

RobertMewler

‎
‎
Forum Clout
I think the fact that I got into Bowie through stuff like Station to Station and Low plus already knowing the hits off of it are why I don't listen to it much. I'd probably feel differently if I had the same experience with it as you.

Those two (Station to Station and Low) were my first introductions to him as a kid. My mom had them on vinyl. I'd listen to them over and over. Those records just hit different.. sniff..

G

Well, Low is my favourite of his, Station to Station is also up there for me. But i like his more commercial stuff as as well.

G

Those two (Station to Station and Low) were my first introductions to him as a kid. My mom had them on vinyl. I'd listen to them over and over. Those records just hit different.. sniff..
I've got those two on vinyl as well. Special  Boy Funster Patreeky has seen em. His cover of Wild is the Wind is so great.

Well, Low is my favourite of his, Station to Station is also up there for me. But i like his more commercial stuff as as well.
I know. I'm not knocking you. Nothing wrong wit da pop side.

I’m high as a kite right now, feels good

[MEDIA=youtube]IgdCIAEupNI[/MEDIA]
Sometimes you get so lonely
Sometimes you get nowhere
I’ve lived all over the world
I’ve left every place
My two favorite Bowie songs right there

G

One of the best songs of his later career. I love listening to the lyrics go from a bitter ex-lover to being totally at peace with it being over.

[MEDIA=youtube]jbrTDjbVaVw[/MEDIA]

G

Yes i do. Oh literal Patreeky

A8A21BA1-8284-4AA1-A466-FB8F34849CE2.gif

I'd be the user with the most posts real fuckin quick.

Good luck catching up with me, sucker!

One of the best songs of his later career. I love listening to the lyrics go from a bitter ex-lover to being totally at peace with it being over.

[MEDIA=youtube]jbrTDjbVaVw[/MEDIA]

I’ve been listening to this, it’s really good. I should also dive into the lyrics some more

G

And an acoustic arrangement of Loving the Alien from his last tour, a massive improvement over the synth-drenched original from 1984.

[MEDIA=youtube]AYvcrgcP5ks[/MEDIA]

Yes i do. Oh literal Patreeky

View attachment 109872

Good luck catching up with me, sucker!

I’ve been listening to this, it’s really good. I should also dive into the lyrics some more
You gotta just give a Outside a full spin.

G

And an acoustic arrangement of Loving the Alien from his last tour, a massive improvement over the synth-drenched original from 1984.

[MEDIA=youtube]AYvcrgcP5ks[/MEDIA]

You gotta just give a Outside a full spin.

I will give Outsidd a full spin soon. I feel i’m still not completely done with Lodger yet. So much Bowie to listen to so little time, uuuugh!

I’m going to listen to that version of Loving the Alien now

G

I will give Outsidd a full spin soon. I feel i’m still not completely done with Lodger yet. So much Bowie to listen to so little time, uuuugh!

I’m going to listen to that version of Loving the Alien now
Nothing wrong with giving Lodger its due. I think I might have sent you that Loving the Alien before, but I've sent a lot of Bowie so who knows.

Such a great song for the intro of Lost Highway.
[MEDIA=youtube]aepBpZ3kXek[/MEDIA]
Another gem from Outside! I'm glad that he and David Lynch had a bit of a creative relationship. It sucks he couldn't come back for The Return.

G

Nothing wrong with giving Lodger its due. I think I might have sent you that Loving the Alien before, but I've sent a lot of Bowie so who knows.

Another gem from Outside! I'm glad that he and David Lynch had a bit of a creative relationship. It sucks he couldn't come back for The Return.

I think you did send it before but i loved hearing it again. That kind of shattered my heart so beautiful 🥹