• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Predator (1987)

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
A perfect movie. The second one is under appreciated. Especially now since most current movies are trash.
That's a realisation I've had that keeps getting reaffirmed. I've been on a film binge this past year and that includes a lot of movies that used to get slammed for being the worst. The Matrix sequels, Godfather 3, Alien vs. Predator, etc. They're not good films by any stretch. They're weak, clumsy and often huff their own farts too much. But they're at least watchable. There's some work put into them and the narratives are mostly coherent. There was a basic movie making competency to them that made the shitty aspects stand out.

I can't say the same for a lot of AAA successful movies today, let alone the cheaply made flops. It's shocking how badly standards have plummeted. Everything reeks of design by committee and it all feels very off and uncanny valley-ish. You used to be able to laugh at shitty Hollywood movies in the past, nowadays even the big successes are fucking miserable to sit through. I find myself increasingly using two different definitions of "bad" when it comes to films: a pre-2010s one, and another that applies to bland Current Year products. The former might be worth your time, the second never is.

MySecondFatterAccount

Breakfast Corn
Forum Clout
That's a realisation I've had that keeps getting reaffirmed. I've been on a film binge this past year and that includes a lot of movies that used to get slammed for being the worst. The Matrix sequels, Godfather 3, Alien vs. Predator, etc. They're not good films by any stretch. They're weak, clumsy and often huff their own farts too much. But they're at least watchable. There's some work put into them and the narratives are mostly coherent. There was a basic movie making competency to them that made the shitty aspects stand out.

I can't say the same for a lot of AAA successful movies today, let alone the cheaply made flops. It's shocking how badly standards have plummeted. Everything reeks of design by committee and it all feels very off and uncanny valley-ish. You used to be able to laugh at shitty Hollywood movies in the past, nowadays even the big successes are fucking miserable to sit through. I find myself increasingly using two different definitions of "bad" when it comes to films: a pre-2010s one, and another that applies to bland Current Year products. The former might be worth your time, the second never is.
Transformers series got a lot of hate but I watched a few of them recently and they are better than most of what has come out in the last few years.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
That's a realisation I've had that keeps getting reaffirmed. I've been on a film binge this past year and that includes a lot of movies that used to get slammed for being the worst. The Matrix sequels, Godfather 3, Alien vs. Predator, etc. They're not good films by any stretch. They're weak, clumsy and often huff their own farts too much. But they're at least watchable.
AvP is arguably better than the majority of both Alien and Predator films. A huge amount of sci-fi and fantasy movies basically stole its entire premise as well. Including Prometheus which is literally a direct ripoff down to the names of the characters. Movie was made with one camera and one lighting unit because they had no budget but it looks better than 99% of stuff made today.

Plot of AvP is a dying CEO, named Weyland, is on the verge of a huge discovery that will make him world famous after he dies and make his name immortal. Prometheus has a dying CEO, named Weyland, on the verge of a discovery that will make him actually immortal or at least make him world famous for the discovery. Both CEOs are dying and are old and near death. Both decide despite being frail to go on the dangerous mission. Both assemble a team of scientists and mercenary types. Teams are lead by women. And there are a bunch of other similar plot points and scenes.

Godfather 3 was messed up because stupid Francis Ford Coppola was going bankrupt and rushed out the movie to make money before he even had an actual script. Rumor going around now is that he is bankrupt yet again and his latest movie Megapolis or whatever has drained all of his money. The Matrix was a ripoff of Ghost in the Shell and a couple of other films. But the sequels were original writings and were mediocre because they didn't have any more ideas to steal.

A big thing that makes movies look terrible now is the CGI. Everything looks awful. Obviously the scripts are bad, the actors are just the ones that slept with kikes and are awful, the stories make no sense. But movies are not even pleasant to look at anymore. Ugly lead actors and actresses. And awful cheap CGI.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
The Matrix was a ripoff of Ghost in the Shell and a couple of other films.
Dark City and eXistenZ were very similar in aesthetic at the time. There's another one I can't remember for the life of me that's so similar to The Matrix and might have come out before, but it's so alike in how they're wearing similar outfits, it deals with futuristic computer hacking etc.

It's amazing people think The Matrix is unique when it's not, it's just a product of the zeitgeist. How many hacker movies got made in the 90s, and how many of them had Sandra Bullock?

Ugly lead actors and actresses.
I don't get how, like, Margot Robbie is considered super hot. She's obviously attractive, but she's not hotter than a tonne of Instagram girls. She has no tits, either. Why would I want to see a movie if they're using her sex appeal as a selling point when I can just stare at this on my phone for free?

wcq1jx4bwls51.jpg

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Dark City and eXistenZ were very similar in aesthetic at the time. There's another one I can't remember for the life of me that's so similar to The Matrix and might have come out before, but it's so alike in how they're wearing similar outfits, it deals with futuristic computer hacking etc.
Maybe you are thinking of The 13th Floor. A great film that is on HBO Max still that came out the same year as The Matrix. Strange Days is also on HBO right now which has a similar idea of 'jacking into your brain' with a device.
It's amazing people think The Matrix is unique when it's not, it's just a product of the zeitgeist. How many hacker movies got made in the 90s, and how many of them had Sandra Bullock?
And also most 'hacker' movies used some visual aesthetic that had nothing to do with actual hacking like 'Hackers' with its crazy 3D graphics for doing things like going through file folders or like Lawnmower Man where they had you inside some crazy VR world. Matrix definitely had a huge marketing push though and once the Wachowski dickcutter twins signed on for sequels the marketing was nonstop.

Sopranos trivia. Ralph Cifaretto is named after his Matrix character Cypher as a joke.
I don't get how, like, Margot Robbie is considered super hot. She's obviously attractive, but she's not hotter than a tonne of Instagram girls. She has no tits, either. Why would I want to see a movie if they're using her sex appeal as a selling point when I can just stare at this on my phone for free?
Margot Robbie is a 10/10. But yeah you can find 10s online in one second. So looks and being a star are no longer a draw. Like Quentin Tarantino said. The new 'stars' are the characters like Spiderman. Anyone can be Spiderman because are going for the costume not the actor. A literal unknown person could star in a $400million Batman film. Like every single actor in Game of Thrones was unknown outside of Sean Bean. The new Star Wars films used a lot of unknown people. Because the franchises sell themselves.

The problem with Hollywood now is that because 'Spiderman' is the big draw they can cast ugly kikes to play them. Like that filthy kike weirdo Ezra Miller with all his problems can be a movie star because he is playing the Flash.
Jean Claude van dam was originally cast to be the predator. Look it up.
The original Predator suit is one of the most hilarious horror movie monsters of all time. It is literally a giant lobster that moves like a Chuck-E-Cheese mascot in a mouse suit. In Shane Black's The Predator one of the kids is wearing the lobster outfit for his Halloween costume.

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
Maybe you are thinking of The 13th Floor. A great film that is on HBO Max still that came out the same year as The Matrix. Strange Days is also on HBO right now which has a similar idea of 'jacking into your brain' with a device.
Maybe it was The 13th Floor. There was definitely one around the same time where it's people dressed like Neo and the Matrix Agents shooting guns at each other, and it was set in a virtual future or something.

Even stupid Boondock Saints had that "wear sunglasses and shoot at people in slow motion" crap. That was 1999 too.

And also most 'hacker' movies used some visual aesthetic that had nothing to do with actual hacking like 'Hackers' with its crazy 3D graphics for doing things like going through file folders or like Lawnmower Man where they had you inside some crazy VR world. Matrix definitely had a huge marketing push though and once the Wachowski dickcutter twins signed on for sequels the marketing was nonstop.

Sopranos trivia. Ralph Cifaretto is named after his Matrix character Cypher as a joke.
The first time I heard the Cifaretto/Cypher thing I was like, "how did I not get that?"

Even Swordfish had that "hackers are super intelligent" vibe and required multiple screens of "futuristic" looking computers and monitors. That movie was considered cool as fuck at the time, too.

230e430f2f95af306df703c874d5721a.png

Margot Robbie is a 10/10. But yeah you can find 10s online in one second. So looks and being a star are no longer a draw. Like Quentin Tarantino said. The new 'stars' are the characters like Spiderman. Anyone can be Spiderman because are going for the costume not the actor. A literal unknown person could star in a $400million Batman film. Like every single actor in Game of Thrones was unknown outside of Sean Bean. The new Star Wars films used a lot of unknown people. Because the franchises sell themselves.

The problem with Hollywood now is that because 'Spiderman' is the big draw they can cast ugly kikes to play them. Like that filthy kike weirdo Ezra Miller with all his problems can be a movie star because he is playing the Flash.
Margot's got a 10/10 face, but her body is nothing special. I just don't understand how she's a star when looks don't ma -- oh right she probably blew some Jewish dude.

G

wcq1jx4bwls51.jpg
Margot Robbie is definitely a piece of ass but I would like this floozy’s name. She looks like she’d appreciate a good butt fucking.

Dark City is a great very underrated movie. I have it linked on my profile if anybody wants to see it and it’s very influential in ways I think a lot of people have forgotten about.

G

Maybe it was The 13th Floor. There was definitely one around the same time where it's people dressed like Neo and the Matrix Agents shooting guns at each other, and it was set in a virtual future or something.

Even stupid Boondock Saints had that "wear sunglasses and shoot at people in slow motion" crap. That was 1999 too.

The first time I heard the Cifaretto/Cypher thing I was like, "how did I not get that?"

Even Swordfish had that "hackers are super intelligent" vibe and required multiple screens of "futuristic" looking computers and monitors. That movie was considered cool as fuck at the time, too.

230e430f2f95af306df703c874d5721a.png

Margot's got a 10/10 face, but her body is nothing special. I just don't understand how she's a star when looks don't ma -- oh right she probably blew some Jewish dude.
Am I the only one that still digs chicks with lithe curvature in addition to stacked broads? I find Amber Rose and Emma Watson equally hot it to mention Hermoine has started to grow some serious cake.

Zombie247

Go work. Get Sandwiches
Forum Clout
Predator 3D
I know, I'm a fag. But it's fucking amazing. It makes one of the greatest movies, ever made. Extra special. It really makes the jungle "Come alive"... I'll get my coat.
Screenshot_20230116_095621.jpg