• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pig is trending on r/antiwork

G

What do these people want out of life? They just want others to provide for them in exchange for nothing? Where do they expect the resources to do this will come from? The fact that they could even have ideas like this while 95% of the rest of the world is beating down our doors for an opportunity to work for less than minimum wage is the ultimate privilege that they accuse others of having.

Uncle J’s Sink Emporium

Enjoy prison, Y’munkoke
Forum Clout
What do these people want out of life? They just want others to provide for them in exchange for nothing? Where do they expect the resources to do this will come from? The fact that they could even have ideas like this while 95% of the rest of the world is beating down our doors for an opportunity to work for less than minimum wage is the ultimate privilege that they accuse others of having.
Yes that is exactly what they want

Jesse Ventura

Access to the debates
Forum Clout
Creative work is still work. Jobs of any kind become tedious as we have to meet deadlines, interact with people we don’t like, go places we don’t want to be, spend time away from family and our hobbies.

I love scriptwriting as a pastime. I love watching movies. But on my own time. If I had to write and edit scripts on a daily basis, I’d probably grow to be tired of it. It still beats working as a labourer, but work is work. Even if I had to play video games as a job, I’m sure I’d eventually hate it.

Being good at anything requires a ton of effort and determination, something this lazybones lack. These anti-work people just don’t want to be accountable or to try at anything. They want to mill around their dingy apartment all day, flitting from hobby to hobby, while deluding themselves into thinking they’d be Steven Spielberg if only that darn AI never showed up.

Silent picture directors feared talkies. Factory workers feared the assembly line. Telegraph operators feared the telephone. Radio workers feared TV. Etc etc etc.

Get over it and innovate.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
The idea that the jewish overlords, burgouis corporations, whatever you want to call them…are focused on making AI art is just fucking laughable. Again we’re talking about the same scapegoat dressed up differently depending on which side you’re talking to. Righties think its the jews, people like Pat thinks its some vague notion of “the corporation, maaahn.” But both sides believe this scapegoat is willing to fuck humans over to make more profits.

So how, logically, do these corporate overlords think “Yeah, we COULD automate their jobs and not have to pay people. But we COULD automate their passions so they can…work more.” Yeah that makes sense…OH WAIT NO IT FUCKING DOESNT. Because you could just AUTOMATE THE FUCKING JOB instead of automating the pursuits to get more work time in.

It just makes no fucking sense, not even in the conspiracy they create.

Jenna

bitch real g's move in silence like lasagna
Forum Clout
That whole sub is a bunch of losers who either choose to be unemployed cause they are lazy or cry because they can't get jobs beyond retail or fast food.

The whole sub is just totally real text messages that gets tens of thousands of upvotes.

Boss: Hey [Name blanked out], I know your son got his hand ripped off in a lawnmower accident but that is not an excuse for missing your shift. This will be deducted in your next paycheck.

Employee: Wow that is messed up! I deserve better than this! I quit!

Boss: Nooooo you need to keep working your weekend shifts, I don't have anyone to cover!

Employee: Not my problem :cool:

48,125 points (93% upvoted)

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
Forum Clout
The whole sub is just totally real text messages that gets tens of thousands of upvotes.

Boss: Hey [Name blanked out], I know your son got his hand ripped off in a lawnmower accident but that is not an excuse for missing your shift. This will be deducted in your next paycheck.

Boss: Nooooo you need to keep working your weekend shifts, I don't have anyone to cover!

they are also all fake, like the text messages posted here. Theater of the mind.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
Creative work is still work. Jobs of any kind become tedious as we have to meet deadlines, interact with people we don’t like, go places we don’t want to be, spend time away from family and our hobbies.

I love scriptwriting as a pastime. I love watching movies. But on my own time. If I had to write and edit scripts on a daily basis, I’d probably grow to be tired of it. It still beats working as a labourer, but work is work. Even if I had to play video games as a job, I’m sure I’d eventually hate it.

Being good at anything requires a ton of effort and determination, something this lazybones lack. These anti-work people just don’t want to be accountable or to try at anything. They want to mill around their dingy apartment all day, flitting from hobby to hobby, while deluding themselves into thinking they’d be Steven Spielberg if only that darn AI never showed up.

Silent picture directors feared talkies. Factory workers feared the assembly line. Telegraph operators feared the telephone. Radio workers feared TV. Etc etc etc.

Get over it and innovate.
I feel like if I wrote as a hobby and I managed to get a book published or sell a script and somehow made good money (i've heard scripts don't sell for as much as you'd think), i'd probably bank my money and go back to my regular job and keeping writing as a hobby. I'd know if I had something else good I'd have contacts that would be willing to at least take a look at it, the money would get me ahead in life and If I didn't sell anything else, i'd be better off than I was. If somehow that turned into something I could do full time and make more than I could working, fantastic. If not, I lose nothing.

Pat, on the other hand, is the kind of guy who as soon as he sells something he rushes to quit his job and try to be a full time writer and devotes all his time to it and produced drivel because they haven't put the time into developing writing as a skill. His first novel was probably passable because he spent a lot of time on it, it was his hobby, his passion. Then when he got his bad robot deal he started trying to turn out stuff faster before he was ready or had the skill and his second book was crap, and he was dropped. Even though he received a leg up from his SFWA pedo friends to get another contract, he blew that too.

The Talking Dead

My network, heart and book all failed. Hooly shit!
Forum Clout

It's incredibly cringe how obviously made up almost all the text message exchanges are on that subreddit. If the little fantasists on there ever actually spoke to their boss like that, they'd be immediately canned. Getting updoots for their fantasy scenarios is the closest they can get to feeling empowered. Faggots.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
1706641693274.png