Patrick writing update: He paid someone $500 to read a screenplay rough draft

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
I doubt hollywood is looking for scripts by straight white males. You have to be some type of gay and a minority before anything is getting any traction. Hollywood is on full woke only mode. They care more about what kind of weirdo you are more than the quality of the material that you create. Just so they can say how inclusive they are.

Sputnik

Females arent funny
I don’t actually see who he is paying and for what exactly. Coverage sounds like a recently made up industry term that is as meaningless as Pats tweets. It does make sense hed have to pay for his exposure because in this day and age even without this place sticking it to him he is how they say “problematic” and no company would risk working with someone like him.

AntsBatteryCharge

&$;;-:
Patrick, if you're such a creative genius, you should just make your own movie. You seem to have access to (unearned) money and tons of free time. A huge crew and expensive special effects are not necessary in science fiction. Look at The Twilight Zone, for example. All you really need is a good idea, passion, a few friends, and long days of work.

Or you could lazily shit out a single rough draft and call it a day. He did say he started writing to become famous, not to create art.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Ok... As a writer myself, you never submit a FIRST DRAFT. For God's sake, I still think that's how "Calling All Stations" got written.

Also, unless you're hiring a script doctor to punch up your LATER draft that you're still not happy with, you don't pay anyone to look at it. That, as everyone here is rightfully saying, is called a SCAM, Patrick. You're taking your hard(ly) earned money and pissing on it, right in front of the IRS auditor who's ashamed to have his Mercedes E Class parked outside of your doucheplex.

The gall of you to openly say these things to act like you're a big shot. And the ignorance of you to tell others to Fuck off when they politely state you're being had.

And lay off the god damn white bread.

Mikekeke

Trouble In Tomlinson Town
Patrick, if you're such a creative genius, you should just make your own movie. You seem to have access to (unearned) money and tons of free time. A huge crew and expensive special effects are not necessary in science fiction. Look at The Twilight Zone, for example. All you really need is a good idea, passion, a few friends, and long days of work.

Or you could lazily shit out a single rough draft and call it a day. He did say he started writing to become famous, not to create art.
Wrong, child. Nobody in history has ever done anything creative with a story to suit a low budget. You either invest five hundred million dollars to get the giant space battle scenes or it's not worth it. Any director would tell you this.

image_11606.jpg

Easily_Remembered

It's not REALLY Ray Wilson
NOTES -

1) Either dial back use of the word "child" in the VO, or find a simile

2) Is it necessary to feature a scene with the Lolicon-onians, the aliens with bodies of children but are of age of consent? This doesn't add to the story.

3) Asian child hooker. Excise her character and gratuitous sex scene. WTF, man

4) The planet Twitteronia and the quest to procure the prized Blue Crystal... necessary?

5) Does the main character have to keep reminding everyone in the VO how "not fat" he is?

6) Final confrontation with God Emperor Fronald Plump of the Yahtzees meeting his death at the hands of Hero Fightin'. DON'T CHANGE A THING

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
If this is true and they come back with pages and pages of notes ripping it apart will he mention it?
From the sounds of it, this shit is years away from even being in a position to be binned by everyone worthwhile in town.

And again, Piggy - If I ever heard someone I know was actually interested in your schlock your kiwi farms thread would be in their email before you even woke up. Better hope it doesn’t end up anywhere near me too because I might just let @Will Tate turn it into an alt-right propaganda piece with a nice “Story By Patrick S. Tomlinson” credit for your troubles.

Will Tate

Oven March
If this is true and they come back with pages and pages of notes ripping it apart will he mention it?
From the sounds of it, this shit is years away from even being in a position to be binned by everyone worthwhile in town.

And again, Piggy - If I ever heard someone I know was actually interested in your schlock your kiwi farms thread would be in their email before you even woke up. Better hope it doesn’t end up anywhere near me too because I might just let @Will Tate turn it into an alt-right propaganda piece with a nice “Story By Patrick S. Tomlinson” credit for your troubles.
Mein Kampf meets Network meets The Turner Diaries but in SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!!

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!

I'd rather it be marked up for grammar and graded with a red pen like a High School English teacher, with the note "Don't see me after."