• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat-posting is not dead. But if it is, Bobby Kelly should be next.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
I never had any problems with him on OnA. Sure, he was a moron but he took the punches and laughed along.

Ever since he became a co-host on Bonfire though, holy shit. All he does is tell made up stories and shout. Whenever he talks about soemthing that happened to him you can actually hear him pause so he can make up the next part. He also talks about his stupid kid every fucking episode. Who he apparently still showers with even though he has pubes now. And I know that because Bobby decided to talk about it on the show for some reason.
He sees himself as a "tech guy" but that apparently only means buying the latest Apple products and talking about how superior they are to everything else. When someone pointed out that iPhone didn't have copy+paste for several generations but Android always had it, that was because "when Android did it, it never worked correctly" and Apple did it because "they figures out how to do it without any problems and then Android copied them".
What else. Worst taste in everything. He thought Jared Leto's Joker was amazing and the best iteration of the character. Was genuinely shocked no one else on the show agreed with him. Only TV he watches are procedural like SWAT and Burn Notice.
Talk about tanking your show, Big Jay.

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
Forum Clout
K2PS9QQh.webp

fusciasomething

Jacques De Gautier
Forum Clout
I never had any problems with him on OnA. Sure, he was a moron but he took the punches and laughed along.

Ever since he became a co-host on Bonfire though, holy shit. All he does is tell made up stories and shout. Whenever he talks about soemthing that happened to him you can actually hear him pause so he can make up the next part. He also talks about his stupid kid every fucking episode. Who he apparently still showers with even though he has pubes now. And I know that because Bobby decided to talk about it on the show for some reason.
He sees himself as a "tech guy" but that apparently only means buying the latest Apple products and talking about how superior they are to everything else. When someone pointed out that iPhone didn't have copy+paste for several generations but Android always had it, that was because "when Android did it, it never worked correctly" and Apple did it because "they figures out how to do it without any problems and then Android copied them".
What else. Worst taste in everything. He thought Jared Leto's Joker was amazing and the best iteration of the character. Was genuinely shocked no one else on the show agreed with him. Only TV he watches are procedural like SWAT and Burn Notice.
Talk about tanking your show, Big Jay.
SWAT keeps getting recommended on Netfilx so I tried to watch an episode. It is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen so Bobby liking it makes sense. I haven't listened to Bonfire in a long time, once Dan seemed unable to focus on other than his girlfriend I stopped.

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
SWAT keeps getting recommended on Netfilx so I tried to watch an episode. It is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen so Bobby liking it makes sense. I haven't listened to Bonfire in a long time, once Dan seemed unable to focus on other than his girlfriend I stopped.
Don't forget him raving about the trailer for Kick Ass.

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
Bobby is a sociopath. His impulsive rages and abrasiveness are the only thing that made his standup career kind of work for him because he stinks at the actual craft and seems very hard to deal with. I'm very torn about him.

I think he may be a comedy genius, just not made to be in the limelight. Would've probably made a better writer on SNL or something.
His style was definitely influencing at least Louis CK, Burr but arguably Patrice too.
And of course to some degree Morton, DiPaolo, Keith, Vos and the other cellar table "comedians".

Who started with "Nice X, stupid." - Colin or him?
They're about the same age if I recall correctly...

Last edited:

BUBBLER

Built for BOC
Forum Clout
Bobby is a sociopath. His impulsive rages and abrasiveness are the only thing that made his standup career kind of work for him because he stinks at the actual craft and seems very hard to deal with. I'm very torn about him.

I think he may be a comedy genius, just not made to be in the limelight. Would've probably made a better writer on SNL or something.
His style was definitely influencing at least Louis CK, but arguably Patrice too.
And of course to some degree Morton, DiPaolo, Keith, Vos and the other cellar table "comedians".

Who started with "Nice X, stupid." - Colin or him?
They're about the same age if I recall correctly...
Have you seen his stand up? He's actually great at "The craft". Bob Kelly is just...Bob Kelly? It's hard to hate him, but it's also hard to REALLY like him. He's been able to carve out a simple and respectable life for himself through comedy, and I'm actually happy for him.

OP needs to go back to kiwifarms...

SoloJoeAcousticShow

Ain't it fun?
Forum Clout
Have you seen his stand up? He's actually great at "The craft". Bob Kelly is just...Bob Kelly? It's hard to hate him, but it's also hard to REALLY like him. He's been able to carve out a simple and respectable life for himself through comedy, and I'm actually happy for him.

OP needs to go back to kiwifarms...
I made a thread about his recent special lol

I love him as a human being, actually. I would totally go see his shows if he came here. But I don't have to pretend his standup is anything but tepid and uninspired at this point. His rage about men and women while being a bachelor was passable, but this special was just bad and seemed contrived. I don't like specials where it's 50% crowd work. He doesn't work hard enough.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
The lying has gotten fucking crazy. It started with him saying a Puerto Rican guy slashed his bag on the subway during an altercation. That was immediately called out, he's been defensive about it ever since and still brings it up at least once a week and freaks out that no one believes him even when everyone is going along with it. Almost every single story he tells is obvious bullshit.

He also can't roll with any bits. For someone who prides himself on being a decent actor (which he somehow is) he can never just "yes, and" anything and he focuses on the wrong part of what people say a lot of the time. I was listening to one yesterday with Derosa and the producer Jacob was saying something (I can't even remember what) but Bobby latched onto one throwaway thing the guy said and wouldn't stop acting befuddled by it and wouldn't shut the fuck for like a full minute of "What? What did you just say? Are you kidding me? Are you serious? What? What did you just fucking say?" He wouldn't even shut up to let him explain himself and finally Derosa was like "Alright, I actually want to hear his point."

All that said, I don't even dislike Bobby, but he fucking sucks as a radio host. I've talked some shit about Dan Soder, but he was like a 1000% better host than Bobby.

I seriously blame Jay for ruining the show. He can be told someone/something sucks and he will still insist of shoving it in everyone's face. He has bad taste in everything and seems to want to punish his fans with the shit that he likes. From people to music to movies. He was always bringing his faggot friends on the show that the listeners vocally hate: Derosa, Mike Finoia, Josh Adam Meyers, Sal Vulcano, etc. He got his insufferably annoying, mentally ill, rambling, RETARD girlfriend a producer job (she looks things up on Google poorly, that's her whole job) and he can't even stand her, yet he will defer to her in conversations and try to make her a focal point of the show.

At least Dan would call him on shit the odd time. Dan had to straight up tell him that Finoia sucks and to stop having him come on the show constantly. He also had to give Jay and Christine a fed-up, stern talking-to on the air about how their bullshit marital squabbles make terrible radio and to leave it the fuck at home. He likely gave them his notice that he'd be quitting in a year not long after that.

I was an every day Bonfire listener for a long time. There were bits that I used to listen to multiple times and now I don't get through a show unless it's just on in the background and I'm not paying attention.