• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Pat explains the “real” reason the case was dropped

TorquieTwoBeers

Forum Clout
How do people know if they are on the John Doe list? Are there screen names associated with a Doe #?
Yes. He called out specific forum names in his original complaint and detailed what he thought each person did to him that was defamatory.

I don't remember many of them, but I was on there. He listed me as a Doe because I said that Uncle Paul's review on Amazon of In The Black looked suspiciously like a fake positive review and should be reported as such. That was literally the only reason I was named. And Uncle Paul's review is still, to this day, the top review of In The Black on Amazon. So even if somehow I had been trying to damage his reputation by reporting his friend's fake review, I clearly failed because it's still there, meaning he suffered no damages from this and therefore he has no grounds to sue me.

It can't be understated how dumb of a lawsuit this was. A total failure on practically every level. At no point did he score even a minor victory in any of the hearings or filings. He took a big bag of SFWA money and flushed it down the shitter.

Gay Faggot.

When the frying pan hits just right.
Forum Clout
This all could have been avoided. Stein told him. Schulman told him. Quasi's lawyers told him. Remove Quasi as John Doe1. Pick competent lawyers next time.

Schulman told his lawyer "that's not what I have in front of me". The subpoena should have been for the other doe's. It has been stated, but can't be stated enough that this was a scare tactic that backfired in a Shakespearean way. They would not remove Quasi so that he would come to them begging to be removed and hand over whatever they asked. Regardless of his rights.

Schulman told Pat's lawyer, "you fucked up with this subpoena, you're welcome to fix it and try again", but they were so stubborn with trying to get Quasi with zero evidence they blew through 125k.
Obviously you are not a lawyer. So this wouldn’t be a professional opinion but, I’m curious to know. Would you say Brinton J Resto did a good job milking this pig? Or would you say,

1643403480363.jpeg

He slaughtered him.

stealthygeek

Reminder: Vincent D'Onofrio blocked Patrick
Forum Clout
How do people know if they are on the John Doe list? Are there screen names associated with a Doe #?
This is what I came up with at the time:

1 quasi
2 [deleted]
3 Will Tate
4 Will Tate
5 Jim-sucks-shit
6 GloryholeJoeh
7 Jim-sucks-shit
8 Ant_It_Fun
9-28 amazon/b&n reviews
29 SpaceEdge
30 SomervilleDan
31 Pringle Can Lothario
32A TwatSmash
32B GhostofAIDSVigoda (2x #32)
33 Encyclopedia Dramatica OP
34 @Dan_Mullen (twitter)
35 @FatSloblinson
36 www.patricktomlinson.net
37 Caverlock on kiwifarms
38-60 Roy Robinson Obituaries

Notice that there's two #32. Betsy level sloppiness, Brinton.

Screenshot_20220128-184631_Drive.jpg

Here are some more names from the attorneys' email exchange:

SensibleKeks

Forum Clout
I still don't even know what I wrote to be named as a John Doe. Something to do with his books reviews? If my reviews of his book were fake, than how come Amazon, Barnes & Nobles and Goodreads haven't removed any of them?

The worst part of all of this is, I was named as John Doe and I'm still not allowed access to the secret forum!! In my thoughts, I used a technique of positive visualization. How come I always feel undermined? By being named a John Doe in the lolsuit I should have been made, right then, BOOM!

Easily_Remembered

"And young. So young."
Forum Clout
I was on there for "threats of violence". But the attached evidence was a post which described a glorious beat down of our friend (and he is our friend) Pat, all preceded by the words, " I fantasize about...' .

We're not exactly dealing with the brightest of people here.

TorqueWheeler

An enormous amount of muscle.
Forum Clout
I was two different Doe’s (this one and Twitter superstar FatSlobinson - RIP kang) and to show how ridiculous the entire thing was and how completely unprofessional Brinton must be another forum user was listed as the same Doe number as one of mine.

My crimes were posting on the forum that I hope Pat kills himself for the most embarrassing reason ever - losing a social media account and indirectly calling him a big fat liar on Twitter.

Will Tate

Oven March
Forum Clout
I still don't even know what I wrote to be named as a John Doe. Something to do with his books reviews? If my reviews of his book were fake, than how come Amazon, Barnes & Nobles and Goodreads haven't removed any of them?

The worst part of all of this is, I was named as John Doe and I'm still not allowed access to the secret forum!! In my thoughts, I used a technique of positive visualization. How come I always feel undermined? By being named a John Doe in the lolsuit I should have been made, right then, BOOM!
Gotta be named as 2 John Does or more to get the key to that executive washroom, sport. :cool: