• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

One hit wonders with more than one good song

Voscabulary

the lord chief constable knows I'm owen
Forum Clout
People tend to think Outkast and Crowded House are one hit wonders but they both have great discographies.
outkast have multiple hits, as well as an exceptionally successful discography. 'hey ya!' is only known by people who don't really listen to rap

my answer is carly rae jepsen. 'call me maybe' is pretty rubbish, as well as the song she's mostly known for, but she has put out some superb pop records beyond it

lowend73

Forum Clout

You ever see the Ritchie Blackmore documentary? It's so funny and Spinal Tap-y. At one point when he's cycling through singers and people in Rainbow he's says basically "well I was trying to write whatever would sell the most and he had a voice that I thought could help us sell more records" or something to that effect, I think about Joe Lynn Turner. Not "I wanted to push myself as an artist" or any of that kinda shit just like "I was trying to figure out what the common mouth breather would hand over money for."

Blackmore's infatuation with the Medieval music will always make me laugh

He should shove that lute up his pretentious ass

bantadant

Fantastic Man
Forum Clout
Thin Lizzy is criminally underrated, and underappreciated. So many good songs that aren't 'The Boys are Back In Town' (which still fawkin rules):

1702696569695.png

Boq looking nigga in Thin Lizzy. Wonder what year his car is

Forum Clout
One-hit wonders in the States, Two or 3 in the UK, but Jellyfish. I've brought 'em up before, but they are a pretty amazing power-pop amalgamation of so many influences from Brian Wilson, to the Beatles, to 10CC, XTC, etc, etc. They dressed like total jerk-offs (and Redd Kross rip-offs, although Stephen played bass on one of the debut's tracks) but were mega-talented and mega-underrated... Of course, they also imploded after two albums.