• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

ONA was a really shitty show

G

It took me diving into HOO HOO again the past couple months to realise this. Especially on NEW, or fawking AAF, ONA just weren’t funny. It was a literal morning zoo, ope being purposely outrageous, ant doing some funny voices, and that’s that. Just two literal long island retards commenting on events. Then jimmy comes and makes a CRAZY shotgun suicide or aids joke, haahha HOLY SHIT! and that’s supposed to be good radio.

Howard from billy west up until the middle of the artie era or so (peaking with howard TV) was a golden age. Artie or Fred would make one liners and howard wouldn’t acknowledge them, which is how it should be. No having to wait 30 seconds for a tranny joke to breathe as anthony slaps his desk or pushes the mic away to laugh.
And Robin was a lot more savage than the opester, hate to say it.

A kike and a nigger have a lot more vitriol than two retards from long island.
ONA had no fucking flow, no professionalism, the only time it's bearable is when another comic is in there, colin, dip, louie, burr, patrice, etc.
Other than that, they were unlistenable.

like this is just horrific. I think i'm on the wrong forum folksh.

[MEDIA=youtube]rDcgIAtO-hc:188[/MEDIA]

G

Agreed. They were good when good comics were in. My favourite shows were when Colin, Vos etc were in studio just shitting on each other. Anthony could keep up and Norton was OK on those shows. Opie served a function by moving things along, when he wasn't stepping on jokes. The jocktober stuff I was never really into. Ditto the retards for the most part, a few bits aside (up and down game, Lady Di internship etc.) The old Boston stuff is unlistenable.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Opie and Anthony was good when it had good comics in.

I was never a big Ron and fez listener but am now going through it on YouTube and it's like some sort of weird scripted reality show. I can't work out what's real or not. I just got into the Paul O and his wife saga. Other than Lady Di's spiral nothing on o&a comes close to it
Ron and Fez was interesting every day. O&A was showing up to San Fran in 1900 expecting to find gold, then getting the occasional dick in the ass now and again.

Renaus

Forum Clout
Howard from billy west up until the middle of the artie era or so (peaking with howard TV) was a golden age. Artie or Fred would make one liners and howard wouldn’t acknowledge them, which is how it should be. No having to wait 30 seconds for a tranny joke to breathe as anthony slaps his desk or pushes the mic away to laugh.
And Robin was a lot more savage than the opester, hate to say it.
I was never into Stern. Give some examples of the best of Stern's show.

Most radio shows were kind of shit or mediocre most of the time. Even RnF. You can find some gold here and there but it is very rare to find shows good from the beginning to the end. It is basically impossible to have a good 3-5h show every single day. Especially the early ones.

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout
Based on that, would you say that Jim's connections with the comics were the most important part of the show?

Norton didn’t help in that regard, he actually blocked some comics from appearing. Hell, Vos was doing da show a year before Norton ever appeared on it and I believe Colin did their show on WAAF. All of those Comedy Cellar hacks stole Colin’s vernacular and parts of his personality. Comics would have been on the show regardless to promote their shows.

The Comedy Cellar is shit as they will let every single hack out there perform on their stage. The fact that Norton still works on their stages tells you all.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Forum Clout
Based on that, would you say that Jim's connections with the comics were the most important part of the show?

No. Opie, Ant, and Jim were all equally important to the show in that without any one of them, the other two would have never succeeded. We see that now with them all on their own and sucking hard.

Opie was the radio professional with work ethic who knew the industry and how to deal with bosses. Opie was also an unfunny, insecure dope who leaned way too much on shock joke tropes (bitching about bosses etc.). Though he could be pretty funny when he let out his inner mean girl.

Ant was the funny one, but he should still thank Opie for saving him from a life of menial labor and his photo on the sex offender registry.

Jim had the connections to comics, but his role as third mic was bigger than his stand up career was ever going to be. Ant even had better rapport with the comics.

In conclusion, all three of will end up dead in a ditch for going their separate ways, and deservedly so.

Cugine

I am typing this teary eyed crying and shaking
Forum Clout

Most radio shows were kind of shit or mediocre most of the time. Even RnF. You can find some gold here and there but it is very rare to find shows good from the beginning to the end. It is basically impossible to have a good 3-5h show every single day. Especially the early ones.
Scott's push-up challenge, Mark Harris, Fred's wife is an actor now, Fred changed his name, Jackie's wife's band, Timmy the cat died.

Last edited:

Say “Cookie”

ShutYourCakehorn/gassers Alt
Forum Clout

Go on YouTube and look for the Billy West compilations. Anything involving Jackie and his talentless wife was good stuff. Gay KC Armstrong song parodies and segments. Fred being a bizarre human being. Jackie mocking Robin’s book. Every single on-air staff fight, there are compilations on YouTube. Lastly anything Eric the Midget. ETM is an entitled midget with a club foot; some hate his appearances but I love them.

Last edited:

EraGodless

Forum Clout
I never listened to O&A on any format. I've just heard a few of their clips. Hell, for the first few times I hears them, I couldn't fucking tell who was who- I really didn't know who was Opie and who was Anthony.

I only happened upon O&A because of Reddit.